Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Books Every Investor Should Read - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Books Every Investor Should Read (28078 Views)

5 Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read / Check Out The Top 10 Tricks Used By Online Scammers Every Investor Must Know / Investor Prospects 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Mascotlawman: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2015
please I need all the books and the audio. I will really appreciate. Thanks in anticipation. God bless u all. mills83122@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by phillings247: 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
pls kindly send me soft copies at davidphilips247@yahoo.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 1:37am On Dec 25, 2015
ernie4life:

What I have is the book and the soft copy, if you need the soft copy I can send it to you via email.
Please, i need the soft copy. Send it to whizkidefe@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by An0nimus: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Bump
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
This is wonderful house. I am a lover of good books. Ernie thanks for this. Please i need The secret of the richest man that ever lived, the greatest sales man and other soft copies and audios of the books you can share.

@House, i promise to share ten books i have with all the mails i can see here. Bless you.

My mail is domnicweno@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance for the books.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by abx1718: 5:33am On Jan 08, 2016
please i dont mind you sending me the soft copy's of attitude is everything and the richest man in Babylon...thanks .

abx1622@yahoomail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by SonOfTheLion(m): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2016
ernie4life:
Let's talk about books that can inspire, teach and guide us on the part of wealth as a person then as an investor.

Good books are essential if you aspire to go higher than where you are.

Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.
–Vera Nazarian

If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let's talk about some books that you feel have in one way or another impacted in your life.
I read as much as possible, recently I started listening to audio tapes of some books.
Audios are great, when you are in your car you can just play them and the speak direct to you.
I will be listing some nice books I have read and I will give a brief about them and why you should read it. Feel free to add your own review.

Keith Harrell
"Attitude is Everything"

This book is one book I will recommend for anybody who wish to actualize their full potential, this book will teach you how to face your greatest fears and aspire to be the best you can. Written with simple English that helps drive the message home, most people are held back by their bad/ negative 
 attitude towards everything, this book will help you change all that.
pls kindly forward attitude is everything to me wantedrebelxyz@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by sparko1(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2016
Apart from the richest man in Babylon, i need the soft copy to others
sparknecolas@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 10:27am On Jan 08, 2016
I have winning ways, the fault in our stars, RICH-DAD-POOR-DAD,The Only Way To Win, Bill Gates - Jonathan Gatlin
Midas touch - Donal Trump and kiyosaki and many more. Anyone interested.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by ernie4life(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
Xxpress:
I have winning ways, the fault in our stars, RICH-DAD-POOR-DAD,The Only Way To Win, Bill Gates - Jonathan Gatlin

am interested
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by YoungForever: 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
ernie4life:

Your welcome, I have a lot to share both audio and pdf but it will be one at a time

Nice work u doing.this what nairaland needs..
OP kindly send to me
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by E99E(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2016
Xxpress:

@Xxpress I am interested. Kindly send to tonianderli@gmail.com. Many thanks.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Merchantelo(m): 4:15am On Jan 10, 2016
Kindly send to me too kobolvent@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by ican2020: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2016
Please forward those financial ebooks to upjames2010@yahoo.com
Thanks all
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by nbolaji(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Xxpress:

interested pls send to brinhtc@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2016
nbolaji:

sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2016
nbolaji:

Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2016
E99E:

@Xxpress I am interested. Kindly send to tonianderli@gmail.com. Many thanks.
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2016
ican2020:
Please forward those financial ebooks to upjames2010@yahoo.com
Thanks all
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2016
Merchantelo:
Kindly send to me too kobolvent@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by paulostical: 11:29am On Jan 12, 2016
ernie4life:
The Richest Man in Babylon 
Written by George Samuel Clason

It's a classic written in a story format that makes it more interesting to read, it teaches the basic principles in investment which am going to summarise in the 8 points below.

1. Pay Ourselves First( learn to save first before you start spending) 

2.   Live below our means. (“Control thy expenditures, curtail your expenditure to the minimum ”)

3. Make our money work for us( learn to invest your savings to yield more for you)

4. Insurance protects our wealth.  (“Guard they treasures from loss.”)

5. Our home is our biggest expense.  (make efforts to get your own personal house)

6. Have a retirement plan. (“plan for your retirement now your still working) 

7. Invest in ourselves. (“Increase your ability to earn by learning more and more through books etc)

8. Track Our Wealth. (Know where you are and where you are going.) 

This was the one of the first books I read and it has been more than helpful.

I have the soft copy(pdf), if you need it let me know.

Happy reading smiley

Ernie, truth be told you're doing a great job here... have missed been here. please I'd appreciate if you can send the soft copies of the books you've shared to me. paulifeoluwa.topnotch@gmail.com.
Thanks much.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by paulostical: 11:32am On Jan 12, 2016
Xxpress:

Please send to me am interested, paulifeoluwa.topnotch@gmail.com.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
ernie4life:
Let's talk about books that can inspire, teach and guide us on the part of wealth as a person then as an investor.

Good books are essential if you aspire to go higher than where you are.

Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.
–Vera Nazarian

If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let's talk about some books that you feel have in one way or another impacted in your life.
I read as much as possible, recently I started listening to audio tapes of some books.
Audios are great, when you are in your car you can just play them and the speak direct to you.
I will be listing some nice books I have read and I will give a brief about them and why you should read it. Feel free to add your own review.

Keith Harrell
"Attitude is Everything"

This book is one book I will recommend for anybody who wish to actualize their full potential, this book will teach you how to face your greatest fears and aspire to be the best you can. Written with simple English that helps drive the message home, most people are held back by their bad/ negative 
 attitude towards everything, this book will help you change all that.

Please i'll be grateful if you can send all your recommended books to my e-mail sir. aybl2002@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by lekansaka(m): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2016
fourty reason u r not yet rich please go and read it.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
Xxpress:

PLEASE I BEG U SEND TO OMOLOLU51@GMAIL.COM

GOD BLESS
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Xxpress:
PLEASE AM INTERESTED I BEG U

THANKS
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by MrKayDee(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nice thread OP. Pls I also want the softcopies and audio books. raymanbash@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2016
ernie...thanks for the books u sent,seen them now downloading....
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by ernie4life(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2016
Stephen Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People( brief summary ‎

Habit 1 - be proactive
This is the ability to control one's environment, rather than have it control you, as is so often the case. Self determination, choice, and the power to decide response to stimulus, conditions and circumstances

Habit 2 - begin with the end in mind‎
Covey calls this the habit of personal leadership - leading oneself that is, towards what you consider your aims. By developing the habit of concentrating on relevant activities you will build a platform to avoiddistractions and become more productive and successful.

Habit 3 - put first things first
Covey calls this the habit of personal management. This is about organising and implementing activities in line with the aims established in habit 2. Covey says that habit 2 is the first, or mental creation; habit 3 is the second, or physical creation. (See the section ontime management.)

Habit 4 - think win-win
Covey calls this the habit of interpersonal leadership, necessary because achievements are largely dependent on co-operative efforts with others. He says that win-win is based on the assumption that there is plenty for everyone, and that success follows a co-operative approach more naturally than the confrontation of win-or-lose.

Habit 5 - seek first to understand and then to be understood®One of the great maxims of the modern age. This is Covey's habit of communication, and it's extremely powerful. Covey helps to explain this in his simple analogy 'diagnose before you prescribe'. Simple and effective, and essential for developing and maintaining positive relationships in all aspects of life. (See the associated sections onEmpathy,Transactional Analysis, and theJohari Window.)

Habit 6 - synergize
Covey says this is the habit of creative co-operation - the principle that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, which implicitly lays down the challenge to see the good and potential in the other person's contribution.

Habit 7 - sharpen the saw
This is the habit of self renewal, says Covey, and it necessarily surrounds all the other habits, enabling and encouraging them to happen and grow. Covey interprets the self into four parts: the spiritual, mental, physical and the social/emotional, which all need feeding and developing.

I have already sent the pdf book to last 6 persons who requested for investment book, please do well to forward to others who may be interested.

Happy reading ‎

1 Like

Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thank you so much Op I have them in my inbox and computer. Already devouring them and Like "oliver twist" please, keep them coming sir... I am very grateful. Cheers.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by no1fan(f): 1:01am On Jan 16, 2016
Xxpress:

I am sir. Email is john_adanma@yahoo.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by ORI1(m): 8:17am On Jan 16, 2016
ernie4life:

am interested

Ernie4life, abeg send me all d books dat u hv discussed in dis post. Just seeing dis post. My email is femimckonzy@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Norland Group Nigeria / Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? / Eurobond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.