Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. (7670 Views)

Affordable Organic Fertilizers Available / ... / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
For anyone who have access to NTV Kenya in their Cable channel list, can tune into the station from 8p.m Nigerian time to watch the Agric programme, Seed of Gold. Vermiculture (the raising and production of earthworms and their by-products) will be the focus. There is so much to learn from it. Below is a preview of the programme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BlZobzs3g
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pavore9:
For anyone who have access to NTV Kenya in their Cable channel list, can tune into the station from 8p.m Nigerian time to watch the Agric programme, Seed of Gold. Vermiculture (the raising and production of earthworms and their by-products) will be the focus. There is so much to learn from it. Below is a preview of the programme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BlZobzs3g

I will surely watch it this evening by God's grace. I am able to watch the programmes on NTV and CITIZEN TV (seeds of gold) live here in Lagos. Lately i have not been able to watch seeds of gold live (cos i will be in church for mid week while it is airing). So what i do is to download any episode that is aired the following day on Youtube.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
lanre2009:

I will surely watch it this evening by God's grace. I am able to watch the programmes on NTV and CITIZEN TV (seeds of gold) live here in Lagos. Lately i have not been able to watch seeds of gold live (cos i will be in church for mid week while it is airing). So what i do is to download any episode that is aired the following day on Youtube.

There is always a repeat of Seeds of Gold on Saturdays (4p.m Nigerian Time)
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pavore9:

There is always a repeat of Seeds of Gold on Saturdays (4p.m Nigerian Time)

Thanks For the heads up. Is there a repeat broadcast for SMART FARM.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
lanre2009:

Thanks For the heads up. Is there a repeat broadcast for SMART FARM.

The 9p.m citizen news, is repeated 4hrs later (1a.m), it means 11p.m Nigerian time there will be a re-run of the news and Smart Farm.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pavore9:

The 9p.m citizen news, is repeated 4hrs later (1a.m), it means 11p.m Nigerian time there will be a re-run of the news and Smart Farm.

Okay
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by FarmTech(m): 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
I'm currently trying out this, but at a very small scale
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
FarmTech:
I'm currently trying out this, but at a very small scale

After watching it in the next 2 hours, l would try and post step by step procedure.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by FarmTech(m): 1:44am On Aug 13, 2015
Pavore9:

After watching it in the next 2 hours, l would try and post step by step procedure.
Good idea, some people like me can't watch online videos for now.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 2:07am On Aug 13, 2015
FarmTech:

Good idea, some people like me can't watch online videos for now.

l understand, internet is still expensive in Nigeria. Something came up which needed my attention, so l met the programme half-way but there will be a re-run on Saturday evening. l have several several videos on vermiculture across India, Philippines and Kenya and also based how l have seen it being practically done, l will create a thread later in the day, detailing step by step procedure with pictures, utilizing the waste materials around us, so anyone can set it up easily.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 3:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Pavore9:

l understand, internet is still expensive in Nigeria. Something came up which needed my attention, so l met the programme half-way but there will be a re-run on Saturday evening. l have several several videos on vermiculture across India, Philippines and Kenya and also based how l have seen it being practically done, l will create a thread later in the day, detailing step by step procedure with pictures, utilizing the waste materials around us, so anyone can set it up easily.

I missed SMART FARM, and i also met SEEDS OF GOLD half way, but i look forward to the opportunity of watching the repeat broadcast on saturday. I just downloaded yesterday's episode of SMARTFARM. It was about a farmer that is involved in the rearing of FAN TAILED PIGEONS. I really look forward to when both SMARTFARM and SEEDS OF GOLD will be subtitled in English language because most of the time the farmers speak in their local dialect or SWAHILI

Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 6:04am On Aug 13, 2015
lanre2009:

I missed SMART FARM, and i also met SEEDS OF GOLD half way, but i look forward to the opportunity of watching the repeat broadcast on saturday. I just downloaded yesterday's episode of SMARTFARM. It was about a farmer that is involved in the rearing of FAN TAILED PIGEONS. I really look forward to when both SMARTFARM and SEEDS OF GOLD will be subtitled in English language because most of the time the farmers speak in their local dialect or SWAHILI

Don't ever look forward to any subtitling as Swahili is the national language, it is either you learn it or forget about subtitles! Seeds of Gold is almost 90% English. l understand Swahili, so l flow with it.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by boluwajokosegun: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2015
@ Pavore9 thanks for all ur contributions, God bless u.
Please can u continue in ur video contribution & summary on a weekly basis so that we can continue to gain frm u
Do u know how we can get to watch those station legally
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
@ Pavore9 thanks for all ur contributions, God bless u.
Please can u continue in ur video contribution & summary on a weekly basis so that we can continue to gain frm u
Do u know how we can get to watch those station legally

Last time l was in Nigeria, l got to watch NTV and Citizen TV on DSTV but lanre2009 gets to watch them on a Free to air service which requires no monthly subscription. Though l am working on getting the Producer of Seeds of Gold to give me copies of all the Editions aired so far, though a tough call but hoping it would come out positive.

The worm guy shown yesterday, sells a kilo of Earthworm for N4,000 and Kilo of worm casting (organic fertilizers) for N100 and a litre of worm tea for N200. He averagely earns N400,000 monthly from his worm farm which is about half plot of land.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by FarmTech(m): 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pavore9:

Ok tnks.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pavore9:

Last time l was in Nigeria, l got to watch NTV and Citizen TV on DSTV but lanre2009 gets to watch them on a Free to air service which requires no monthly subscription. Though l am working on getting the Producer of Seeds of Gold to give me copies of all the Editions aired so far, though a tough call but hoping it would come out positive.

The worm guy shown yesterday, sells a kilo of Earthworm for N4,000 and Kilo of worm casting (organic fertilizers) for N100 and a litre of worm tea for N200. He averagely earns N400,000 monthly from his worm farm which is about half plot of land.

I have a collection of most of the episodes of SMART FARM. I can make a free compillation of the videos for anyone in or around Lagos. I still don't know how to download episodes of SEEDS OF GOLD.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
lanre2009:

I have a collection of most of the episodes of SMART FARM. I can make a free compillation of the videos for anyone in or around Lagos. I still don't know how to download episodes of SEEDS OF GOLD.

Seeds of Gold can not be downloaded for now.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by alakara(m): 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
lanre2009:

am interested

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by drollster(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
lanre2009:

I am interested please. How do I get in touch with you?
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Juliana7: 12:46am On Aug 14, 2015
@pavore, niice job sir, waiting for update/info. @lanre,pls i'm interested in d video, i'm in lagos. Thanks
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 5:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 3:49am On Aug 15, 2015
Pavore9:

The decoder i am using for my FREE TO AIR system to watch NTV and Citizen TV has a record option, i will try to record the next episode of both SMARTFARM and SEEDS OF GOLD. I will update the house how it goes.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2015
lanre2009:

The decoder i am using for my FREE TO AIR system to watch NTV and Citizen TV has a record option, i will try to record the next episode of both SMARTFARM and SEEDS OF GOLD. I will update the house how it goes.

l meant Seeds of Gold is not yet being uploaded on youtube like Smart Farm. It is good you have a record option, so one can always watch at a later date. Do your system air GBS TV as they air their own agribusiness programme-Kenya Farm Report on Fridays and Saturdays. it was through that programme that l came across that guy that grows Strawberry in bags.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2015
Pavore9:

l meant Seeds of Gold is not yet being uploaded on youtube like Smart Farm. It is good you have a record option, so one can always watch at a later date. Do your system air GBS TV as they air their own agribusiness programme-Kenya Farm Report on Fridays and Saturdays. it was through that programme that l came across that guy that grows Strawberry in bags.

I am not able to get that channel, but i have the following channels:- NTV, EATV, CITIZENS TV, STAR MOVIES, STAR MUSIC, etc
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by lanre2009: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2015
Pavore9:

I was able to conclude my experiment about recording SEEDS OF GOLD yesterday. I used a FLASH DRIVE and only recorded about 5 mins of the programme. The video was recorded in TSV format but i was able to convert it to a format that is watchable on my laptop with Bigasoft video converter.... grin grin
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by boluwajokosegun: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2015
Alakara am interested too
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by smallblow: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
@ oga pavore9 pls sir how can I contact you?pls I need ur contact.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Pavore9: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
smallblow:
@ oga pavore9 pls sir how can I contact you?pls I need ur contact.

Send a PM.
Re: Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. by Afoskalex(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
@Lanre2009, am interested in the compilation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Extruder (Floating feed ) & Other Feeds Processing Machines in 2022 / I Need Buyer For Goat / Giant Red Pawpaw(up To 6kg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.