Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah (1534 Views)

Emir Sunusi Apologizes To Ganduje - 5 Northern Governors Beg On His Behalf / Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:04am On Aug 12, 2015
Frontline cleric, Bishop Matthew Kukah has denied that former President Goodluck Jonathan contacted the National Peace Committee for the 2015 general election to beg President Buhari on his behalf.

‎The media was recently awash with the news that the meeting, held ‎Thursday night between Buhari and Jonathan was initiated because the former president sought for understanding on alleged corrupt practices and mismanagement of funds under his administration.

The report claimed that he was hearing about some of the graft allegations for the first time.
Fielding questions from State House correspondents after a meeting with President Buhari, Kukah said: “‎Anybody is free to come to our committee, but former President Jonathan never by telephone or another means talked to the committee. We went to see him, but that is after we had already seen members of the political parties, members of the civil society. We planned to see the Speaker because we couldn’t see him yesterday (Monday).

“This is a very planned series of interventions, essentially just to hear out everybody and I think the good news is that Nigerians are committed to a new nation, they are committed to ensuring that the gains and blessings God has given us come to fruition”.

On why the intervention has become necessary, the Cleric said: “‎This is not an intervention, it is a hearing out process. We just had an election; it was like a wedding. But now is the reality of government – now the marriage and people need to be encouraged. We need to reaffirm that this is our country and the only thing we can collectively be opposed to is injustice, inequity, corruption and in that regard we all had one single conversation.

“‎The President has also reaffirmed the need for this committee to continue, and the international community has very much welcomed the contributions of the committee. Essentially we are not policing, but when the need arises, we help to build confidence in the process,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/11/jonathan-never-called-peace-committee-to-beg-buhari-on-his-behalf-bishop-kukah/

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by DONSMITH123(m): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2015
GEJ Knew better!!! If truely his hands are clean, he should seat at home and stop having a late night visit with our Amiable President.

Only a child whose house is on fire runs up and down for help. He is yet to tell us why sudden visit to the Man he called illiterate during his election campaign..or has PMB suddenly gotten another certificate? I thought PDP said he's illiterate and could not rule or may likely die.

God is watching. Nobody can predicts your future, dats the case of PMB.

Carry go Baba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by eleko1: 7:06am On Aug 12, 2015
undecided why e dey run up/down?wetin e dey find go do for Aso rock under the cover of darkness.We all knw dat only ungodly/evil pipu waka @ nite when everybody don sleep.Those peaceful peace pipu shud let baba daura bi,election is over undecided
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by madridguy(m): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2015
Bishop Matthew Kukah has suddenly to to GEJ spoke person. Where is Doyin Okupe, FFK, and the rest. Well, I am sure GEJ 7 Billion given to the corrupt wings of the CAN is still working for him. Meanwhile, all the looters must bring back our money by fire by force. Morning NL
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by priscaoge(f): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2015
We all know they lied! That's what they are known for. Beg ko, plead ni undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by kossyablaze(m): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2015
Ok cool!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by ELTON123(m): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2015
OKkkk
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2015
grin
priscaoge:
We all know they lied! That's what they are known for. Beg ko, plead ni undecided

grin
priscaoge:
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by Ddonoflife(m): 7:09am On Aug 12, 2015
Guilty conscience
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by Swaggzkid: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2015
Hmmmm. . . . See lies cooked by the pro apc wagons just to frustrate and aloof Jonathan,

God help GEJ

Cc Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2015
Instead of them to shut up, they keep on opening their dirty mouths undecided
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:

lol
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by shut(f): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Hey darl,you mentioned me.
Try use 'keep quiet' next time. Thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by eleko1: 7:16am On Aug 12, 2015
Waitin for barcanisaTan to come and analysis why Jona dey waka about @ midnite
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2015
eleko1:

lol....if i hear....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 12, 2015
shut:

Hey darl,you mentioned me. Try use 'keep quiet' next time. Thanks wink
I'm nt the one who told u to use the word tongue
hmmmm now I'm going to have fun mentioning u everytym.
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by eleko1: 7:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Mba! They won't.wait for them to tell U that dey go there to play ludo/how PMB beat Abudulsalam in squash game.
EroticAngelina:
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by DONSMITH123(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2015
eleko1:

i just dey pass ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by Ghandi12: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2015
This is one of the banes of our failure in nation building. This Body was recognized as a pre-election peace initiative but to the glory of God we have had a relatively peaceful elections five months ago.

We now have a constitutional government in place, what is the business of this committee again dishing out instructions to an elected government. Why are they visiting the Speaker again? Will they also visit the Senate President? What happens when they get blur-faced by politicians?

These people are coming together again to constitute nuisance to the gradual reforms being undertaken by the Buhari-led Administration. The electorates have voted Buhari because of his anti-corruption stance. The masses in in total support of Buhari actions to date and this few should, please, go manage their personal businesses.

Rev. Kukah, Abdu-Salam and friends should leave Buhari alone abeg.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by alexlee50: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2015
madridguy:
Bishop Matthew Kukah has suddenly to to GEJ spoke person. Where is Doyin Okupe, FFK, and the rest. Well, I am sure GEJ 7 Billion given to the corrupt wings of the CAN is still working for him. Meanwhile, all the looters must bring back our money by fire by force. Morning NL
what would father kukah gain by lying?
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by bonechamberlain(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2015
that's the story the buharists were telling. we are still in Nigeria, even if ghaddafi becomes president no ex president can be sent to jail, as all elections are characterized by tribal and ethnic sentiments, hence each ethnicity would try to protect their own. try send an ex president to jail. Nigeria would not stand
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by madridguy(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2015
Hmmmmnnnnnn, but I never said Father Hassan is lying

alexlee50:
what would father kukah gain by lying?
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by sammyj: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2015
This is a story of the witch cried yesterday and the child died today who killed the child. Linking this to Jonathan and peace committee workout your maths! !!
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by DONSMITH123(m): 7:29am On Aug 12, 2015
FP Please.
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by shut(f): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I'm nt the one who told u to use the word tongue

hmmmm now I'm going to have fun mentioning u everytym.

You're wicked, my mentions gonna burst cheesy
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by wadetaw202: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2015
DONSMITH123:
GEJ Knew better!!! If truely his hands are clean, he should seat at home and stop having a late night visit with our Amiable President.

Only a child whose house is on fire runs up and down for help. He is yet to tell us why sudden visit to the Man he called illiterate during his election campaign..or has PMB suddenly gotten another certificate? I thought PDP said he's illiterate and could not rule or may likely die.

God is watching. Nobody can predicts your future, dats the case of PMB.

Carry go Baba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is clear you didnt read the post. You just looked for "reply", clicked and started typing. You should use your head well once in a while, bro.
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by DONSMITH123(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2015
wadetaw202:

it is clear you didnt read the post. You just looked for "reply", clicked and started typing. You should use your head well once in a while, bro.

You can only cry. Small boy.
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by Factism(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by wadetaw202: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2015
eleko1:
undecided why e dey run up/down?wetin e dey find go do for Aso rock under the cover of darkness.We all knw dat only ungodly/evil pipu waka @ nite when everybody don sleep.Those peaceful peace pipu shud let baba daura bi,election is over undecided

it is surprising you are still asking this lame question after the reason for his visit was clearly explained. I cant understand why you choose to be blind, even with facts staring you in the eyes.
Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by DWJOBScom(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2015
Well APC media doing what they know best

Bloggers must use this opportunity to achieve plenty things - it's been established that only negative news about GEJ and Alison that makes headline

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by wadetaw202: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2015
DONSMITH123:

You can only cry. Small boy.

am happy you know that your comment is thoughtless and unreasonable, like something composed by a fooool.

Yeah, am forced to cry truly, especially when old souls like yourself, who are supposed to be reasonable, turn themselves to eediots and half-baked gabblers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Never Called Peace Committee To Beg Buhari On His Behalf– Bishop Kukah by eleko1: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2015
I dnt entertain Blind bat Like U.look for u mate kid
wadetaw202:

it is surprising you are still asking this lame question after the reason for his visit was clearly explained. I cant understand why you choose to be blind, even with facts staring you in the eyes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Has Come Out With Sample Of Loots To Be Probed / Fernandez: At Last ‘the Veil Is Lifted’ / More Horrific Graphic Photos Of Victims Of Last Night's Abuja Bomb Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.