Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title (45012 Views)

2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
stealvyn:
I'm a basketball addict too, I still play though and my son has taken to the game too but enough is not been done to develop the game here in Nigeria.

Our leaders in Nigeria are clowns,yes i call all our past leaders clown and Morons.Look,sports alone can generate revenue,create employments for youths and serve as a means of survival if well planned in Nigeria.We have almost or above 170 million popukation,yet we don't have a reputable rugby team,no reputable soccer team,no reputable basketball,no reputable boxing,javeline,discuss,track and fields in short what are we getting out of a versed athletic,strong and agile youths in our country,yahoo yahoo,kidnapping,ritualists when on a good day,a well planned sporting centres,olympic training stadia can be build all over the states in Nigeria and the government can sponsor it successfully,instead they are paying niger delta millitants and may even negotiate with Boko haram.Our leaders have got only the brain to embezled and scam the populace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Afam4eva:
Is Angola in this competition?

good question,we are likely to play Angola,Senegal or Egypt if we qualify from our group,am sure we will qualify from the group,our game against Tunisia would give me a clear picture of our chances inthis tournament.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
successinlife:

good question,we are likely to play Angola,Senegal or Egypt if we qualify from our group,am sure we will qualify from the group,our game against Tunisia would give me a clear picture of our chances inthis tournament.
We must try to avoid Angola until the semis or final.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Afam4eva:

We must try to avoid Angola until the semis or final.

We are good enough to beat any team in the tournament and can't be scared.

You have to beat the best to be the best, and there is only one goal here. Win and get the Olympic ticket.

If it makes you feel better, Angola will likely be first or second in group B, and will face the team that is third or fourth in our group, so we will probably not meet till the latter stages of the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
LagosEconomist:

We are good enough to beat any team in the tournament and can't be scared.

You have to beat the best to be the best, and there is only one goal here. Win and get the Olympic ticket.

If it makes you feel better, Angola will likely be first or second in group B, and will face the team that is third or fourth in our group, so we will probably not meet till the latter stages of the tournament.
The last time i heard this statement was just before the US basketball team broke a world record and we were the victim. Angola still boasts of the best team in Africa. It's good to know that we'll not be meeting them just yet.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Afam4eva:

The last time i heard this statement was just before the US basketball team broke a world record and we were the victim. Angola still boasts of the best team in Africa. It's good to know that we'll not be meeting them just yet.

I repeat, we are good enough to beat any team in this tournament, and will likely win it and get the Olympic ticket.

Angola is not the US, and will lose to this Nigerian team by double figures if they are unlucky enough to cross our path.

The fact that we did not get it right in the past and undeperformed does not mean you should stay stuck to those standards.

2 Likes

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2015
LagosEconomist:

I repeat, we are good enough to beat any team in this tournament, and will likely win it and get the Olympic ticket.

Angola is not the US, and will lose to this Nigerian team by double figures if they are unlucky enough to cross our path.

The fact that we did not get it right in the past and undeperformed does not mean you should stay stuck to those standards.
Ill quote this for posterity. I hope you're right.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
successinlife:

Our leaders in Nigeria are clowns,yes i call all our past leaders clown and Morons.Look,sports alone can generate revenue,create employments for youths and serve as a means of survival if well planned in Nigeria.We have almost or above 170 million popukation,yet we don't have a reputable rugby team,no reputable soccer team,no reputable basketball,no reputable boxing,javeline,discuss,track and fields in short what are we getting out of a versed athletic,strong and agile youths in our country,yahoo yahoo,kidnapping,ritualists when on a good day,a well planned sporting centres,olympic training stadia can be build all over the states in Nigeria and the government can sponsor it successfully,instead they are paying niger delta millitants and may even negotiate with Boko haram.Our leaders have got only the brain to embezled and scam the populace.
I mostly agree with your argument; but Nigeria's rugby-7s team qualified for last year's Commonwealth games before the NOC bizarrely withdrew the team from the tourney.
However, they're on track to qualify for the Olympics.

As for athletics, the women's 4x100m quartet are amongst the top 10 in the world; but Blessing Okagbare-Igho is probably the only elite Nigerian track and field star
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by isaiah9(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
LagosEconomist:

pls is there any way to get the full game video, cos i didn't watch and would like to watch them ball. Thanks
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
isaiah9:
pls is there any way to get the full game video, cos i didn't watch and would like to watch them ball. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoHd4x2jydc

Highlights here

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2015
isaiah9:

http://www.livebasketball.tv/
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by 68816419: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Good day guys..plz when is our next game and time plz?[size=8pt][/size][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
CFCfan:

I mostly agree with your argument; but Nigeria's rugby-7s team qualified for last year's Commonwealth games before the NOC bizarrely withdrew the team from the tourney.
However, they're on track to qualify for the Olympics.

As for athletics, the women's 4x100m quartet are amongst the top 10 in the world; but Blessing Okagbare-Igho is probably the only elite Nigerian track and field star

Well, good pointer and i think majority of sport loving Nigerians know this,gone are the days when we dominate tracks and field with the likes of Chidi Imoh,Olapade Adenekan,the Ezenwa brothers,Sunday Bada of blessed memory,my brother we are on the down trend,if Jamaica that is not up to Surulere in population can dominate both male and female athletics with at least three different world renowned athletes what stops my dear country Nigera?Rugby you mentioned,they should keep it up,are we lacking in strength or is our diet in any way different from the jamaicans?i say no,what we lack is fund and proper manegement of our athletes,Blessing Okagbare should tell us how she got to where she is today,you will know it is not down to Nigeria's funding,it is just that the girl personally puts in alot of hard work and source for funding herself, at a point it was rumoured she almost change nationality like Francis Obikwelu.Anyhow,Nigeria government should look into sports as a source of employment for our youths just as few has made it through entertainments & music,sports is a powerful tool for prosperity if well managed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by stealvyn(m): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
successinlife:

True talk and I don't think we're getting out of these problems soon. All we need in this country is divine intervention. BTW, do you have any link to watch the Afrobasket matches online?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
stealvyn:
True talk and I don't think we're getting out of these problems soon. All we need in this country is divine intervention. BTW, do you have any link to watch the Afrobasket matches online?

I was able to watch yesterday match via ilemi.so or http://firstrowfr.eu/ these are sites i stream live matches.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
successinlife:

Well, good pointer and i think majority of sport loving Nigerians know this,gone are the days when we dominate tracks and field with the likes of Chidi Imoh,Olapade Adenekan,the Ezenwa brothers,Sunday Bada of blessed memory,my brother we are on the down trend,if Jamaica that is not up to Surulere in population can dominate both male and female athletics with at least three different world renowned athletes what stops my dear country Nigera?Rugby you mentioned,they should keep it up,are we lacking in strength or is our diet in any way different from the jamaicans?i say no,what we lack is fund and proper manegement of our athletes,Blessing Okagbare should tell us how she got to where she is today,you will know it is not down to Nigeria's funding,it is just that the girl personally puts in alot of hard work and source for funding herself, at a point it was rumoured she almost change nationality like Francis Obikwelu.Anyhow,Nigeria government should look into sports as a source of employment for our youths just as few has made it through entertainments & music,sports is a powerful tool for prosperity if well managed.
Right. I think it's an issue of priorities.
The FG should dedicate most of its sports funding (say 65%) to the "lesser" sports like boxing, athletics, basketball, volleyball, rugby et al. There are budding talents in those sports too; but the problem was that most of the past Sports ministers were merely "ministers of football".
The country can even produce world-renowned swimmers if govt funding is redirected properly. Football can get most of its funding from the private sector.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by stealvyn(m): 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
successinlife:

I was able to watch yesterday match via ilemi.so or http://firstrowfr.eu/ these are sites i stream live matches.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by isaiah9(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Why is this place empty like this na?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
isaiah9:
Why is this place empty like this na?

The thread is about Nigeria Basketball Matches in the ongoing 2015 Afrobasket Competition.I think it will be lively whenever team Nigeria is playing, Nigera - Uganda for today starts in the next 35 minutes.Best of luck.Please anybody with good streaming sites should get it posted here.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
Leaving work to get home in time for the match... Or maybe watch 1st 2 QTRS at work and rush home to catch 3rd quarter. Match not so important though.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
olapluto:
Leaving work to get home in time for the match... Or maybe watch 1st 2 QTRS at work and rush home to catch 3rd quarter. Match not so important though.

Where are you watching it? kindly share your link.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
successinlife:

Where are you watching it? kindly share your link.
http://firstrowne.eu/watch/364344/1/watch-uganda-vs-nigeria.html
Enjoy!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
olapluto:

http://firstrowne.eu/watch/364344/1/watch-uganda-vs-nigeria.html
Enjoy!

@ olapluto , it always transfer me from Netherlands to France but i got it at last.Our boys are playing better with good understanding.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
successinlife:

@ olapluto , it always transfer me from Netherlands to France but i got it at last.Our boys are playing better with good understanding.
If you get that again, switch your browser to google chrome and use HOLA.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
olapluto:

If you get that again, switch your browser to google chrome and use HOLA.

KUL- 24 Uganda - 34 Nigeria, no cause for alarm.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Chamberlin Oguchi have a tiger eagle eyes for 3 point shots, fantastic player.Ik Diogu is getting better.We wish him quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
Score at HT Uganda 30 - Nigeria 48
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
The last 3 pointer was orgasmic!!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nigeria 58:32
Wow!!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Uganda should deploy a batallion to stop Oguchi's 3 pointers. Its becoming a rout!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Oguchi is the 3-pointer master!!
Nigeria 68- 36 Uganda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic / Wayne Rooney Joins Everton (Photos) / How Hee-chan Dribbled Van Dijk To Score Against Liverpool (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.