Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Nigerian States And What They Produce - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States And What They Produce (269971 Views)

List Of Nigerian States By Area / OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce / Workers' Salaries: States And Number Of Months They Owe - Vanguard (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2015
i remember once that bayelsa used to have one of the biggest rice farms in west africa(peremabiri)...we had it all but we chose to be dumb and foolish by letting agriculture die because of crude oil...now we have governors who cant kick start their worn out brains to think of diversifying the present economy from oil sales...too bad!!!...we all can be so rich in this country..as Nigerians no one should be poor...we are just suffering because of myopia and greed..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by trapQ: 8:53am On Aug 13, 2015
Thumbs up!!! Let the wailers wail.
superstar1:

It is not for shallow minds and hollow brains like yours.
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by trapQ: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2015
My nigga my nigga. Pass some sense across to those losers.
sukkot:
nobody eats palm oil though. that shyt clogs the coronary arteries and causes heart attacks. why yall SE tryna export death though ? yall exporting coronary artery disease and coal causes respiratory disease. we prefer groundnut oil from the north. undecided
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2015
I'm here to separate fight tongue
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by modhream: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
PhysicsQED:
Any list of the manufactured products produced by each state?
You're asking him to squeeze water from stone?.The intent of this thread was never to educate,but to further tribal and parochial narrative.Didn't you notice the deliberate omissions,distortions and falsifications in the OP?.
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by bosunjohns(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
scholes0:
[size=14pt]Groundnut production, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.foodandagriculturejournal.com/41.pdf

[size=14pt]Oil Palm production, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt]Cocoa production, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.fao.org/3/a-at586e.pdf

[size=14pt]Bitumen / Oil Sand reserves, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt]Cattle Hide and Beef[/size]

[size=14pt]Wheat production, Nigeria[/size]

http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Grain%20and%20Feed%20Annual_Lagos_Nigeria_3-13-2014.pdf

[size=14pt]Sorghum production, Nigeria[/size]

http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Grain%20and%20Feed%20Annual_Lagos_Nigeria_3-13-2014.pdf

[size=14pt]Tomato production, Nigeria[/size]

http://kalusam./2013/09/11/the-great-tomato-waste-in-nigeria/

[size=14pt]Cement production, Nigeria[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2424636_screenshot20150518at5_jpegbf8e1ee3608774f52838bd03cc3bcee3

[size=14pt]Timber and Wood products production, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt]Pepper production, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.dnetrw.com/wp-content/uploads/fulltext/fulltext-2014103064845.pdf

[size=14pt]Gold reserves, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.australianmines.com.au/sites/4e12ba9050ee853e770086de/contents/content_instance/5044320150ee851ef6000da3/files/nigeria__minister_of_mines_presentaion_at_africa_down_under_.pdf

[size=14pt]Rubber production, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt]Soybean Production, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.propcommaikarfi.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/28-Mapping-of-soybean-production-areas-in-Nigeria-3-07.pdf

[size=14pt]Maize/Corn production, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt]Beans/Cowpea/Pulses production, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt]Cashew/ Cashew nut production, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.academicjournals.org/article/article1426244215_Adeigbe%20et%20al.pdf

[size=14pt]Cassava production, Nigeria[/size]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava_production_in_Nigeria

[size=14pt]Yam Production, Nigeria[/size]

http://www.ajol.info/index.php/ejesm/article/viewFile/82843/72964

[size=14pt]Solar Power, Nigeria[/size]

[size=14pt][b]Coal Reserves, Nigeria[/size]

Coal Mining in the Enugu district

more to come ......
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by sukkot: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2015
trapQ:
My nigga my nigga. Pass some sense across to those losers.
my nigga wink
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by solonazzy: 9:03am On Aug 13, 2015
afolwalex20:
So nothing is produced in kwara state
imagine me originating from ondo state, based in lag, n having to serve in a good for Nothn state like Kwara...n dey wnt still appreciate..
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Obiwiz(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2015
Them and their ancestors have always been very DESPERATE TO CO-HABIT even though they HAVE EVERYTHING to be INDEPENDENT. Does that make any sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Sanchez01: 9:05am On Aug 13, 2015
madridguy:
ISLAM is never a problem but blessing to humanity. The problem of the North is their elites and its should never be blamed on ISLAM. There is no where ISLAM support illiteracy, their leaders just blind folded their gullible followers for their own personal gain. ISLAM simply means PEACE which the hausas are doing negative to that. I will not want to drag too much but I just want to correct your notion that ISLAM embraces illiteracy. Prophet Mohammad in his words make it compulsory for every Muslims male/female to acquire knowledge, he never said religious knowledge, he said every knowledge that will move your society/ country forward in a positive manner. He even went ahead to compulsory muslims in his lifetime to travel to SHIN which is modern day CHINA to seek for knowledge.

I don't mean to play down Islam. I sincerely apologize but my assertion is purely based on keen observance. I lived among them for some time. Moreso, I never said Islam supports illiteracy. Thanks though.
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by permanentgrace(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2015
Raiden:
AND MAIDUGURI PRODUCES CRUDE OIL.

grin grin grin grin grin
Na Boko Boiz dey drill that one.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by fulanimafia: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2015
solonazzy:

imagine me originating from ondo state, based in lag, n having to serve in a good for Nothn state like Kwara...n dey wnt still appreciate..

That is a wrong thing to say. If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by omokab: 9:09am On Aug 13, 2015
eaglechild:
Ebonyi which is agrarian and rich is solid minerals including limestone(cement), salt etc is completely missing from the list.
Ebonyi is also one of the largest producers of rice in Nigeria.

OP you need to do more research.
Ebonyi is mentioned among rice producing state. Ebonyi is also producing salt but salt is not mentioned at all. Ebonyi also have granite coal which I know very well but is not also mentioned so don't expect Op to mentioned everything. But in term of agrarian you mentioned ebonyi is not part of them. I know ebonyi very very well including there villages. Most of the foods included in the list is imported from cross rivers to ebonyi. That's is why food items are costly in ebonyi. If you ask the sellers,you will be told that they are bringing banana from cross rivers state including pineapples. The banana I bought yesterday,may be like ten pieces cost me 200 naira and not that big.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by IsaacAhmed(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2015
I hope we would one day make use of all these resources.. Nigeria would b a better place...
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Flyoruboy(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2015
finniblinks:
ur source is unreliable,lets wait for wikipedia for better GDP figure.common sense will tell u that Ogun GDP cannot be bigger than Anambra's GDP with oil and gas revenue

Hahahajhahaha! grin. Guy, my figures are also available via Wikipedia, since you value it so much cheesy Check it out for yourself:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

Like I said earlier, Anambra should first outperform Imo and Enugu before coming near Ogun. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by fulanimafia: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2015
madridguy:
ISLAM is never a problem but blessing to humanity. The problem of the North is their elites and its should never be blamed on ISLAM. There is no where ISLAM support illiteracy, their leaders just blind folded their gullible followers for their own personal gain. ISLAM simply means PEACE which the hausas are doing negative to that. I will not want to drag too much but I just want to correct your notion that ISLAM embraces illiteracy. Prophet Mohammad in his words make it compulsory for every Muslims male/female to acquire knowledge, he never said religious knowledge, he said every knowledge that will move your society/ country forward in a positive manner. He even went ahead to compulsory muslims in his lifetime to travel to SHIN which is modern day CHINA to seek for knowledge.

Its quite silly to try to defend Islam from wrongful stereotyping, and then going ahead to baselessly accuse Hausa's of violence.

Since when did the NE consist of Hausa/Fulani? The people you refer to are Kanuri, not Hausa.

Besides, ISIS not located north of Nigeria so I'm struggling to understand your original point.

Regarding illiteracy, who embraces illiteracy? I want you to please explain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2015
splashbaby:
Smelling decorated monkey! Do you think your lots can feed yourself without depending on others. You will do yourself and all other Lagooners a favor by educating them on one Nigeria...and not me.

We are all tired of your wailing, stupid indiscretions that you are better than any tribe in Nigeria. We are eager to let you go... If your kinsmen delay too much to declare Biafra, we may have to force you all "Nigeria Osu" to leave ASAP. Bleep yourself, son of a stinking coward.

I don't think I have time to get into a showdown with a jobless uneducated bigotry bastard who has no good home training. Gat very important things to do than to exchange insults with a fellow of ur type cos whatever u type here does nt affect me as I am lightyears away frm ur miserable life. Get a life dude, trust me it helps.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by madridguy(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2015
You welcome bro.

Sanchez01:

I don't mean to play down Islam. I sincerely apologize but my assertion is purely based on keen observance. I lived among them for some time. Moreso, I never said Islam supports illiteracy. Thanks though.
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2015
modhream:

You're asking him to squeeze water from stone?.The intent of this thread was never to educate,but to further tribal and parochial narrative.Didn't you notice the deliberate omissions,distortions and falsifications in the OP?.

That was exactly the mission of the OP and some fools will just fall with it. Well, that's what he writes, but we all knw that things are different on ground. Just let the fools to keep on ranting and try to make ur own life better than theirs.

#PEACE
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Enahi(f): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Wow Edo State is a fu*king rich state and that dumbo of a governor keeps borrowing money. Osho God is watching you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by Obiwiz(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2015
sukkot:
nobody eats palm oil though. that shyt clogs the coronary arteries and causes heart attacks. why yall SE tryna export death though ? yall exporting coronary artery disease and coal causes respiratory disease. we prefer groundnut oil from the north. undecided
Now this one thinks Palm oil is only for edible use. Listen, palm oil has myriads of uses and applications ranging from food to industry. Ever heard of bio-diesel?
Upgrade ur knowledge, don't just comment simply because u have data. Palm oil is healthier for consumption compared to gnut oil which is actually high in cholesterol which causes d clogs in coronary vessels. Do you know palm oil is very rich in retinol/retinoic acid(vitamin A)?
Sorry dude, your biochemistry is so appalling. See why you shouldn't call Western education 'haram'?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by GodMode: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
AreaFada2:
Nope. South South. Check your geopolitics. cheesy

Use your common sensegringrin

Nigerian politics is created by corruptiongrin
In order to claim more votes and federal allocations Nigerian politics(northern leaders) calls central Nigeria - "NORTH CENTRAL"gringrin

Same with Edo... Ijaw calling edo SS is stupidgringrin
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by GodMode: 9:40am On Aug 13, 2015
Enahi:
Wow Edo State is a fu*king rich state and that dumbo of a governor keeps borrowing money. Osho God is watching you.

That's what happens when a man IMPORTS his wifegringringringrin
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by zonax(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2015
OP Nkalagu is not in Enugu but Ebonyi state which deals in both Rice and Cement. Please correct
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by splashbaby(m): 9:44am On Aug 13, 2015
Russell145:

I don't think I have time to get into a showdown with a jobless uneducated bigotry bastard who has no good home training. Gat very important things to do than to exchange insults with a fellow of ur type cos whatever u type here does nt affect me as I am lightyears away frm ur miserable life. Get a life dude, trust me it helps.
hahaha slow poke like you deserve no attention. Did you just mention education and joblessness... Well you are describing yourself. If you need a job I will give one or better still ask many of my boys to fix you up...You have no idea that I am older and more experience than you...you can never match me intellectually and success wise. Your generation will only wish they can be like me.

I can see you are really hungry and angry for meeting a superior person in me... I have no apology for being better. If I happen to know you in person I will employ your boss silly fool
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by phyllosilicate(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2015
Edo state always representing, I usually read ignorant comments calling Edo land lock. Good to see that the op source mentioned Edo as one of the coastal states. Many people don't know that Edo Benin has access to the sea. The western part of Delta state is spitted into two by the atlantic ocean. This part gives Edo access to the Sea. It was through this path that the Portuguese came to Benin. FG has even approved the construction of a sea port there called geli geli sea port.

On the topic, Nigeria agricultural production is enormous. The major problem is food preservation. Large proportion of our produced are wasted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by sukkot: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:

Nobody eats palm oil but yorubas are called palm oil isn't that ironic?
the only yoruba man who eats palm-oil in the whole of nigeria is that loquacious ekiti clown called fayose. every other yoruba man eats healthy undecided

[img]http://3.bp..com/-ZbB2T2eVyYw/VcxDzSmCQqI/AAAAAAAGN7Y/aIsNUzfLXHk/s1600/2.jpg[/img] grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by modhream: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2015
For those who truly want to know and be educated about Nigeria's agric potentials and more,a non-biased reading of this thread and this one https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states,should suffice.
While this particular thread could have bn more educative,the poster's tribal intent,leading to distortions and deliberate omissions,near hobbled it.
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by trapQ: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
I'm a girl tho wink
sukkot:
my nigga wink
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by trapQ: 10:00am On Aug 13, 2015
explorer250 where at thou??

Lmao!!!
Re: Nigerian States And What They Produce by chynergy1(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2015
sukkot:
na only coal SE dey produce ? walahi this biafra cannot work with no food to eat shocked

consider the fact that the total land mass of the entire south east is less than that of
kogi state alone. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) / 2019 Presidential Election: Live Updates And Reports / Osun Governorship Election 2022 Results (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.