Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu (725 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) / Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by lolaxavier(m): 5:56am On Aug 13, 2015
ABUJA – FINALLY, the Director-General of the National Centre for Women Development, NCWD, Onyeka Onwenu, has honoured the invitation of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, over the allegation of N17million contract bribe levelled against her.

She was drilled and granted administrative bail by the commission.

An impeccable source at the ICPC confirmed to Vanguard, yesterday, that Onyeka Onwenu appeared before the commission, Monday and after answering some questions, she was allowed to go home on self-recognition, while investigation continued.

“She honoured the invitation on Monday 10th of August and she has been granted bail,” the source confirmed.

However, the source refused to talk further on the outcome of the investigation, maintaining that she had not been indicted, as the investigation is still ongoing.

According to the source, “We are waiting for further directive, the next action depends on whether she is culpable or not.”

Onyeka Onwenu had, Friday last week refused to honour the invitation of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, over an alleged N17 million contract bribe, citing health challenges.

Other persons earlier interrogated on the matter were Mukhtar Usman, Jauro Jibrin and Sadeeq Umar, who were all released pending the conclusion of the investigation.
Onwenu is being interrogated after her personal assistant, Chika Abazu, who was on July 10 arraigned before a Federal Capital Territory High Court on a six-count charge of bribery and gratification, was involved in a N17 million bribery allegation.

Abazu, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The aide was denied bail and ordered to be remanded in the Federal Prisons, Kuje, until the case is dispensed with.

The presiding judge, Justice Chukwu Ndukwe, adjourned the case till September 28, for trial.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/n17m-contract-bribe-icpc-quizzes-onyeka-onwenu/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vanguardngr%2FdIeb+%28Vanguard+News+Feed%29

Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by snazzy5050(m): 5:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Ask questions,

Meanwhile today's my birthday fellow nairalander's pls show some love smiley smiley smiley

1 Share

Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by temmy6996(m): 5:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Mummy, if true u r found guilty, i'll be disappointed.
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by chelseaboi(m): 6:04am On Aug 13, 2015
Let them vomit our money
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by lolaxavier(m): 6:08am On Aug 13, 2015
temmy6996:
Mummy, if true u r found guilty, i'll be disappointed.

Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by prospero5(m): 6:09am On Aug 13, 2015
nothing. All na wash
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by ademoladeji(m): 6:11am On Aug 13, 2015
Madam Iyogogo, I pray you no chop our money because if you do, I'll be pained.
All da best ma
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by lolaxavier(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Whoever is found wanting should account for his or her misdeeds. Gbam!
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by boman2014: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2015
seen
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by nerodenero: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2015
If one love will always keep us together as you bin sing, you suppose know say chopping bribe or money meant for all no be love undecided.
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by Ismahill(m): 6:38am On Aug 13, 2015
I dn dey suspect ds woman since she dn dy 4low mama peace lyk mumu.......anyway vomit d money wey u wack
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by lolaxavier(m): 6:45am On Aug 13, 2015
nerodenero:
If one love will always keep us together as you bin sing, you suppose know say chopping bribe or money meant for all no be love undecided.

grin grin grin
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by BigJakie: 6:45am On Aug 13, 2015
See fine Nigerian mothers messing with Jail time
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by fastypasty: 6:52am On Aug 13, 2015
interesting
Re: N17m Contract Bribe: ICPC Quizzes Onyeka Onwenu by lolaxavier(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2015
It had better not be true...

(1) (Reply)

Pigeon Caught Flying Drugs Into Prison / Another Attack: 60 Killed In Yobe By Boko Haram! / Gov Ambode Inspects Oshodi Area,Orders Immediate Rehabilitation Of The Area(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.