Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? (13011 Views)

The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child / Tlc Vs Destiny's Child / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2009
The Desperate Chicks are Naija's newest all girl group. Based in the Coal City of Enugu, they took d Nigerian music industry by storm with their own kind of Effizy. they got melodious voices n their hit tracks OKPOMEKWE, TELL DEM n MU NA GI are rulin d airwaves. so ma naija people,i want u 2 evaluate these girls.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lagoslag: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2009
nice voice, they are good. can anyone upload more of their songs apart from the one with nigga raw
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by asha80(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2009
I do not think they are really known in lagos. undecided
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by tboy1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2009
I like their[b] Dis Boy[/b] Track

Very Smooth
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2009
@lagoslag. d track u were refering to is OKPOMEKWE. And they did it wit Slow Dogg not Nigga Raw,though he has Nigga Raw's voice.OKPOMEKWE is a hit track in d South East n all Igbo communities truout Naija.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2009
@asha.They are known in Lagos but mostly by people of South Eastern n South South origin.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by audio: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2009
Their jams are not bad, but they really need to do something about their name, Desperate Chicks? I mean, who came up with that.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2009
@audio. Yeah man, i agree wit u. their name sounded weird to me @ the beggining,but now am kool wit it.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lagoslag: 6:23am On Mar 26, 2009
Damn, thought it was nigga raw on that track.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Moyola(f): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2009
Pictures plzz?

And could post links to their songs plzz? cool
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 5:56am On Mar 27, 2009
Thanx ibkaye for posting their pics and their links. so i guess Moyola's question is answered.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 6:32am On Mar 27, 2009
Enough Respect 4 ma favorite Naija female singers, D Desperate Chicks. Ur tracks are kool wit enof club hits n beautiful R'n'b.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2009
Best female group 2 emerge out of Naija!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 4:14am On Apr 01, 2009
Dont try those chicks cos imetu ha aka na nke gi ekpomekwe!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 01, 2009
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2009
@faakay dat track is hot. its a club hit.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by SamMilla1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2009
Those are my sisters, Soon the music industry will move down there to base, UP COAL CITY
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2009
Wow they make good music. I'm impressed.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2009
@sam miller,guy its like u are from Enugu state. Really Enugu is fast becoming Naija's next music capital. @stillwater yeah girlie, those girls are too much.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by nino213(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2009
sorry dude. i live in enugu and really i don't like their album. yes the tried spicing thier songs with thier local igbo dialect called ezeagu. for me thats the only thing that made them good. if not, the will just be like those fake nigerian girl groups. who said that the music industry in enugu is doing well. there isn't a music industry in enugu. the entertainment industry here isn't good at all. even ther shows are nothing to write home about. enugu is a dry land with no unique opportunities existing here. it's a civil servant/jobbers state, yet jobs don't exist here. make no person wey dey live 4 enugu yarn say enugu hot. na drinking joint and hotels dem get here only. angry
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2009
Desperate Chicks?

I sweerrrr, Naija is bad with naming stuff
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Desperate Chicks?

I sweerrrr, Naija is bad with naming stuff
The way I rubbed my eyes when I first came across this band.

Thank goodness their music is good, so far anyway.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Sagamite(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
Seeing the band name, I thought what bunch of idiots.

After listening to the tracks, the "Dangerous" track is FANTASTIC and the other two are very good.

And those girls voices are very good.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 11, 2009
The igbo sounds very sweet smiley
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2009
ibkaye:

The way I rubbed my eyes when I first came across this band.

Thank goodness their music is good, so far anyway.
Hey sweetie pie wink

Do you have a link to one of their songs? cheesy
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Hey sweetie pie wink

Do you have a link to one of their songs? cheesy
Heya wink

Ah ahn, scroll up biko cheesy
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2009
ibkaye:

Heya wink

Ah ahn, scroll up biko cheesy

Ohh, blind me cheesy. . . .saw it, thanks wink
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2009
nino213:

sorry dude. i live in enugu and really i don't like their album. yes the tried spicing thier songs with thier local igbo dialect called ezeagu. for me thats the only thing that made them good. if not, the will just be like those fake nigerian girl groups. who said that the music industry in enugu is doing well. there isn't a music industry in enugu. the entertainment industry here isn't good at all. even ther shows are nothing to write home about. enugu is a dry land with no unique opportunities existing here. it's a civil servant/jobbers state, yet jobs don't exist here. make no person wey dey live 4 enugu yarn say enugu hot. na drinking joint and hotels dem get here only. angry

You live in Enugu but you have no freaking idea about Enugu. That Language is not ezeagu to start with and There is a music industry in Enugu if you care to know. When did Enugu become a dry land with "drinking joints and Hotels"? I wonder what kind of fools build drinking joints and hotels in a dry land. undecided except there are opportunities to make it back i guess wink
You sound soooo hungry and desperate. Enugu is for the skilled and educated and if u don't have either of the 2 then u need to move out.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by wanville(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2009
smiley
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by asha80(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2009
I didn't find those sistas on the google map abi google search engine so wat can i say?

Then their is something wrong with your computer.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by wanville(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2009
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video / The Most Soulful Songs Of The 70s! / Lyrics: Vector – Shiga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.