Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike (23471 Views)

"If Amaechi Leaves His Polling Unit On Saturday,beat Him Very Well" - Wike / Amaechi Emerges Ohanaeze Igbo Man Of The Year / I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by McDonalds2014(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
RIVERS State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, dismissed the claims that his administration was attacking the immediate past governor of the state, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, in order to deprive him (Amaechi) of a ministerial appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Wike explained that rather than worry about the possible appointment of Amaechi into President Buhari’s cabinet, he was interested in how the state’s funds were managed under the former governor.

He pointed out that a situation where nothing was left in the state’s treasury on his assumption of office as governor was annoying, worrisome and unacceptable.

Wike, who spoke through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Opunabo Inko-Taria, told newsmen in Port Harcourt that it was illogical for anybody to claim that his complaint about corruption in the immediate past administration had any link with Amaechi likelihood of getting a federal appointment.

“So, what is he (Ameachi) going to do to him (Wike) as a minister or Federal Government appointee? Wike has not told anybody that he does not want President Buhari to appoint Amaechi as a minister. He has never said it; these are just insinuations and innuendos.

“If Mr. President, known for his mantra of zero tolerance for corruption; is saying that he is not going to appoint anybody with a stained image as a member of his cabinet and Rivers people are saying that Rotimi Amaechi is not qualified for an appointment, there is no problem with that.

“But the truth is that paint Amaechi black, if he (Buhari) does not want to appoint him (Amaechi), he will not. Paint Amaechi white, if the President is not interested in him, he will not appoint him.

“The talk about whether Amaechi should be appointed into Buhari’s cabinet is just the feeling from Rivers’ people and not the governor himself. He has never discussed the issue of whether Amaechi should be appointed by Mr. President or not.

“The governor is more interested in how the funds of Rivers State were spent; whether they were judiciously spent or they were just frittered away. That is the interest because it is annoying that when we took over, we met an empty treasury,” Wike said.

He expressed worry that those responsible for emptying the state’s treasury were the same people accusing him of taking N30bn loan within a month.

He said, “They forgot that you are supposed to pay salaries; you are supposed to open the judiciary. The governor gave the judiciary N300m for takeoff and he also had to pay some of the students abroad who were owed allowances. Civil servants, pensioners and footballers, who were owed salaries, were paid.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-dont-care-if-amaechi-emerges-minister-wike/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by HungerBAD: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
As if anybody cares about you too.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by jingh(f): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2015
maybe you should care CUs if amaechi repay you with what he went through in the hand of pej, u go know Jesus is not an albino

54 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
Thank you sir Don't mind the masturbators!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by justanotherme: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2015
..Sorry

Even If Wike Shows A Video on CNN of Amaechi
transferring billions of Rivers state money to fund
APC campaigns. It won't change their minds.
The Lying Liars No 25 Trans Amadi Road, Port
Harcourt

'Hypocrisy is when Wole Soyinka berates Daniel
for closing the legislature for one year, but has
refused to criticise his benefactor Rotimi Amaechi
who closed the courts and legislature for same
period'

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by dalyricist: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
OK na
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by McDonalds2014(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2015
Informed Rivers people know how much this Wike stole when he was local govt chairman and later chief of staff to Amaechi. The federal government of Buhari is not oblivious of the looting in ministry of education under Wike. I will never support Amaechi or anyone else for corruption but all Wike's supporters should tell the whole world how he became so stupendously rich, where he got the billions he lavished on his campaign. It's easy to point accusing fingers. The worst governor any state will ever have is Peter Odili but the pdp in Rivers state hardly remembers him. As we speak today, there's absolutely nothing to remember his administration except for billboards all over Port Harcourt then. There are landmarks to Amaechi's credit; from roads rehabilitation to primary health care to primary and secondary schools infrastructure improvement to electricity substations etc. If not for Amaechi, there will be no motorable road today leading to Owerri, a federal road. Out of their wicked hearts, Jonathan and his wife made sure that money was never refunded to Rivers state during Amaechi's tenure. Talking of empty treasury is bulls**t. An aircraft does not generate revenue by parking at the airport. Amaechi increased rivers state IGR more than any other state in the entire south except Lagos. He did not stop the IGR when he left office. He did not stop the federal allocation to Rivers when he left. If Wike luckily survives the electoral tribunal, he should focus on the job of governance and allow efcc or whatever to address the allegations against Amaechi. Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

91 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by sweatlana: 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
Buhari would make a terrible mistake by appointing a thief like ameachi minister

8 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by kenedy175(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
It's alright. They should just kill themselves

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by naijainfogalery: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
I hate when people just talk , Wike please provide evidence of the corruption then we can take it up from there

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
These men should just grow up already.
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Buhari cannot and will not make Amaechi a minister.
I have no particular evidence for this but it is my personal opinion because I believe Amaechi though instrumental during the last election has too many baggages.
Dude is also an ass licker and I don't think Buhari will want to show favoritism because of that.

The only person I can beat my chest that Buhari will use as a minister at the moment is Babatunde Raji Fashola.
Dude is so brilliant, intelligent, sound, efficient, hardworking though imperfect.

11 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by MadCow1: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Then he should shut the fhuck up..

Amaechi is the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Minister of Petroleum resources or Minister of Works.

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Mogidi: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Wike explained that rather than worry about the possible appointment of Amaechi into President Buhari’s cabinet, he was interested in how the state’s funds were managed under the former governor.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by DONSMITH123(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
jingh:
maybe you should care CUs if amaechi repay you with what he went through in the hand of pej, u go know Jesus is not an albino

i laugh fall from my royal seat grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by veekid(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
u for care, who send you?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Lobolintin(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Snoring ...

Well to be candid...

How e take concern LOBOLINTIN?

Snoring still jor.....Iya Shaki, pass me Jedi 20 and Mix am with Opa Eyin and little Standard trust bank.....garnish am with Mulero
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Dottore: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
two baby elephants fighting. people of Rivers suffering
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by justanotherme: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
Even If Wike Shows A Video on CNN of Amaechi transferring billions of Rivers state money to fund APC campaigns. It won't change their minds.

The Lying Liars No 25 Trans Amadi Road, Port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by adesegun121(m): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
Shey oro niye?
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by dammytosh: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
Contradictory statement from confused Leaders.
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
Amaechi and Wike know lots of things WE don't know.....their matter is like a Cattle calling Pot black.

Truth be told, Amaechi and Wike are both thieves......Period.

3 Likes 1 Share

U've no reason to Man!
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Ayomi088(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Na u sabi
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by olexjay(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
I self don't care reading this post.

just wanna dedicate this post to all the niggaz on the street hustling in order to ensure a good settling.. May Jah bless all our hustle.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Gabrielwilliams(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
PDP will rise again

God punish APC
God punish the slowpoke and slow poke president

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Omotayor123(f): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
I don't care....
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Dcaliphate(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by Drsheddy(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
HBP will soon KILL this Man o (WIKE)

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike by sweatlana: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I hate when people just talk , Wike please provide evidence of the corruption then we can take it up from there

So your eye blind abi? All the petitions filed by deffrent groups to efcc nor?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode In Court Over Dasuki Loot (Photos) / 9 ‘Whistleblowers’ Lay Claim To 5% Of Ikoyi Cash / Seyi Makinde Before CCB For Assets Declaration (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.