Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Urgent Call: Some Pensioners Are Dying Of Hunger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urgent Call: Some Pensioners Are Dying Of Hunger (354 Views)

Osun Internally Displaced Pensioners Are Ingrates – Aregbesola / Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili / They Forget That They Will One Day Be Like Us: Rain-drenched Pensioners To Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Call: Some Pensioners Are Dying Of Hunger by philomental: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2015
I was having a chat with a family friend, Uwem, when I saw an old man approach our direction; he was somehow weak, feeble and struggling to walk even with the aid of a walking stick, he asked me of my father. At first, I wondered who he was, I have never seen he before, not in the circle of my father's friend, but had to give he the needed attention. Daddy was not around, so I told he.

" A secular was sent and we were supposed to have a meeting" he said. Another surprise, he didn't look like a politician, as Daddy has some friends who are into politics, so what meeting could this be, I wondered. I could see the change in his face, he was disappointed. Uwem told he, that the meeting was postponed, and he said he wasn't aware of the postponement. He later left.

In my quest to know what meeting the man came for, Uwem explained that he is a pensioner and they were supposed to meet with Dad, who they elected to represent they. She went further to say that some of the pensioners earn even below Five thousand Naira and I started wondering in this present economic situation how an old man could be given such an amount to take care of himself and his family. I shook my head with pity. But then something came into my mind.

I know the services of these people are no more needed by the government, but is there no way the government, both at State and Federal level, can see to the increment of 'these guys' pension? It isn't their fault that the Naira keep depreciating, neither is it their fault that the economy isn't booming, but I strongly believe that a man or woman with a serving character either in the States or Federal legislature or one serving as a governor or even the President can do something about this.

I look forward to hearing this matter being taken up in any of the Houses of Assembly in the country and will give my support to such a man or lady who will champion this course or in the executive chamber, be it any of the state governors or the President. That is the reason I post this here. I rest my case.

I am the SOURCE.
Re: Urgent Call: Some Pensioners Are Dying Of Hunger by Uncleodi(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2015
It is very disheartening that hard work doesn't pay at old age any more.

Makes me scared of getting old.

Advice: every man/woman should make retirement plans no matter how financially constrained u may be, it helps.

Ftc for the second time in one year. angry

(1) (Reply)

An Auspicious Time To Streamline And Re-engineer The Anti-graft Agencies. / September, 2015 Elections, It Is Time For Guatemala, Trinidad And Tobago. / Baba Sala’s Health Worsens, Rushed To UCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.