Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife (14880 Views)

Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Seven-day Curfew Begins After Ooni’s Burial Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Fehmy25s(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2015
undecided
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by kingarizona1(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2015
I bet u Dunno the meaning
veekid:
onto Wetin anarchy sha
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2015
scholes0:
These traditions need some serious reformation
Modernize this shit, we are in 2015 mehn....
Go tell that to Abu Bakr Al Bagdadi of ISIS and the gay Catholic Bishops

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by lonelydora: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2015
Is Abobaku back?
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by EgusiSoup: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2015
Yoruba people and their lack of sense undecided

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Hemanwel(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2015
[size=20pt]News just reaching me says the "Abobaku" had twitted that he has gone into hiding because he cant afford to die with his salary unpaid.He suggested that Aregbesola should be used since he's the one owing him.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by dollyinxx(f): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2015
sweatlana:
Yorubas that like juju so much. Make ona no do human sacrifice o

Tell me d part of naija dt u fell frm where no rite is performed as regards a mornach's demise and i ll show u an illegitimate citizen.
Stop being a racist
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Fourwinds: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Swaggzkid:
President die dem no give curfew * just because the ooni of a little kingdom or village has died them just release curfew on the people of the locality* nawa ooo *smh*
respect peoples culture. I would have blamed them if they didnt give time and the duration. With this given, if u find urself in such place, u are suppose to plan to suit urself by buying the necessary things and stay indoors or better still travel out of the place until everything is over
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by wokomabest(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Lubbish

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Just 7 days?smh,why not 7 years and 7 months,disturbing the peace of a whole town because of one dead man,nonsense. Ignorance is a disease.

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by annibro(f): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2015
And what will happen to NECO staff who are on nation wide assignment 2 monitor marking of Exam scripts? angry

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by shankie: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2015
Tradition! Tradition!! Tradition!!!
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2015
EgusiSoup:
just like your ignorant people in your villagetongue
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by callmeotiz(m): 9:53am On Aug 14, 2015
Are they going to put foods and drinks on the tables of those traders they are asking to stay at home during this 7days.

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2015
annibro:
And what will happen to NECO staff who are on nation wide assignment 2 monitor marking of Exam scripts? angry
they will all be used to replace the run away abobaku grin
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2015
Fetish people, IMAGINE using a whole human being to sacrifies to a mere mortal in this 21st century? Cannibalism at its peak

Tufiakwa unu....

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by EgusiSoup: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
just like your ignorant people in your villagetongue

My village is Ijebu Ode grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 9:58am On Aug 14, 2015
EgusiSoup:

My village is Ijebu Ode grin
who cares? tongue

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nellybii: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
Haba!!!! A whole 7 days....not even 7mins.....for just one person who died about a month ago

I'm sorely disappointed

Yea you are disappointed because you come from a place where there are no ethics. No traditional institutions. A people of no cultural heritage. Referring to the great Oonirisa. The king of Ife kingdom. The source of Yorubas as just one person goes a long way to summarize your origin. Shame on a people that live, and die only for money. mtchewwwwww oloriibu omo irankiran. ajokuta mamomi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nellybii: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Just 7 days?smh,why not 7 years and 7 months,disturbing the peace of a whole town because of one dead man,nonsense. Ignorant is a disease.

Check your English you semi illiterate.!!
If you can refer to Ooni of Ife as one dead man, then one shouldn't be disturbed at any other poo you vomit. It is typical of South East ppl.

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by PAINGAIN: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2015
This is just plain stupid and silly. At this age and time the most sophisticated tribe still practises the poooo. If the curfew starts at 4pm why r they beating traders at 9am? Silly,silly, stupid.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by absoluteSuccess: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2015
EgusiSoup:
This is what you have been repeating on frontpage to frontpage. How is it not a prove that 'lack of sense' is the most important gift to your people? What you can see in others is in you.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by emamos: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Swaggzkid:
President die dem no give curfew * just because the ooni of a little kingdom or village has died them just release curfew on the people of the locality* nawa ooo *smh*
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by funkybully(f): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2015
7 days? Na hunger go chase them out.

Commissioner of police should inspect the coffin before burial. Nonsense ogboni ritualists.

Did I hear interdenominational service?
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2015
I hope he is going to heaven?
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by tayebest(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2015
nobul:
Oni sun re Ooooooooo

Bros na swear?? undecided
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2015
I said it before these people would mourn the Ooni's death in their archaic ways but nairalanders attacked me saying its not possible in the 21st century. Una don see am? You cannot separate yoruba people from their savage ways.

Anyway, I blame the people; they're too scared to gather one day and protest that stup¡d ceremonies like this get scrapped but would gladly come out enmasse to burn thieves to death. I truly believe they enjoy the uncertainty of surviving the days set for curfew -- maybe like the movie 'the purge' its used as a form of artificial population control.

CHANGE is just a word without meaning in this country. The citizens aren't ready for it neither do they encourage it.

1 Like

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Mariojane(f): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Oladimejjy:
Oba is dead....oba waja ko,oba na carpenter...

Pls can someone tell me was d curfew is all about, is it to make d oba rest in peace?
is to make the king travel on a free road without holdup. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by jamesbridget13(f): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2015
I hope it won't involve human head
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by funmi2013(f): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2015
Nellybii:

Yea you are disappointed because you come from a place where there are no ethics. No traditional institutions. A people of no cultural heritage. Referring to the great Oonirisa. The king of Ife kingdom. The source of Yorubas as just one person goes a long way to summarize your origin. Shame on a people that live, and die only for money. mtchewwwwww oloriibu omo irankiran. ajokuta mamomi.
thanks you so much for that, i don't knw why they cant respect other people's culture. brain dead people.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by dokJ: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2015
death n vanishing r synonymous. Abubaku chose d later. 7 days curfew is too much.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Mufasa27(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2015
Oladimejjy:
Oba is dead....oba waja ko,oba na carpenter...

Pls can someone tell me was d curfew is all about, is it to make d oba rest in peace?
Sorry where are you from ? I mean you town, city or village, and pls be truthful about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gap Tooth / Ooni-elect, Ogunwusi Leaves Ilofi For Crowning Today / Ritual Prayers For Mariners: What You Must Know As A Human Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.