Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Rev Fr Kukah And The Burden Of Spiritual Leadership - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Fr Kukah And The Burden Of Spiritual Leadership (665 Views)

Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah / Is There Any Way To Get Rid Of Spiritual Wife Apart From Deliverance? / The Nonsense Of Spiritual Husbands, Wives And Children: Do They Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rev Fr Kukah And The Burden Of Spiritual Leadership by pharmagba: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
First,To start with I wish to make it clear and state that these are purely my thoughts.
Secondly, in as much as this also has have a political side to it, I have decided to focus on this platform, the spiritual side alone.

I have never met Rev Fr Kukah, but I have always been en trail by him, he is an intellect and a Revered father of repute. I love to hear him speak.
On his speech these few days, I initially felt disappointed but I had to reflect and even put myself in his shoes, behold the dilemma.
I know very well he is not happy with the way things are in Nigeria and had several times in the past spoke vehemently against it. He had spoken on security and at several times peace and reconciliation
I am sure he is not happy with the level of corruption as well, he may even be aware that poor funding and improper implementation of military budget as a result of corruption may have resulted in death or rather inability to rescue lots of innocent lives. Not to mention the number of youth coming to him that have been redundant and some will be seeking job placement through a connection of his and may even have been rendered hapless on so many occasion. Surely the effect and adverse sting of corruption by public officials may have touched in one way or the other.

Recently, he seem to be constrained, I sense he may had gotten wind of that some notable christian leaders or rather 'men of God' have been implicated or involved in corruption. The visits of GEJ to churches last year, we may not know what our church leaders collected from him or how our churches have been involved in corruption. The most notable is Pastor Chris Oritshajefor, the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) President, whose private jet was used in money laundering and commercial use against the law of the land. How will we (Nigerian christian and muslims) and the whole WORLD hear that the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria is standing trial for corruption? What will happen to his church members and christian in Nigeria? Won't it bring Christianity to disrepute in Nigeria? Would other religion not mock the Christians? Mind you this is just one pastor, who knows if many other , 'big men of God' are involved.
Here lies the great burden of a spiritual leader, where does he stand. For 'RELIGON or JUSTICE' for 'REPUTATION or RIGHTEOUS'
This is a challenge, the church leadership must be Authoritative, Spiritual and sacrificial. Authoritative because people need to be led by one who knows where he is going. Sacrificial because it is modeled on the life of the one who gave himself as sacrifice for the whole world and Spiritual because it is a thing of the spirit and conferred by God.
Spiritual leader is able to influence others because the spirit is able to work in and through him to a greater degree than those he lead. If this reverse he no longer a spiritual leader. The road to spiritual authority is through many prayers and tears, it is attained by confession of sin and much heart searching and humbling before God by self surrender, a courageous sacrifice of every idol, a bold deathless, uncompromising, uncomplaining embrace of the cross and by an eternal, unfaltering looking onto Jesus crucified. He must not be by seeking for ourselves or manipulation. This is a great price but must be unflinching paid by him who not merely a nominal but a real spiritual leader of men whose power is recognized and felt in heaven,on earth and in hell.
Re: Rev Fr Kukah And The Burden Of Spiritual Leadership by podosci(m): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
They receive heavy tithe by corrupt public office holders, why won't they now defend their source of income

(1) (Reply)

When Will The Church Have The Courage To Face This ‘ugly’ Home Truth? / Modern Idolatry 1: Love Of Sport / Church Members Chase Lagos Pastor From Pulpit Yesterday - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.