Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC (32255 Views)

Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / Soldiers Step Up Their Game:See Pics Of Some Ammunitions Use In Boko Haram Fight / How Christian Leaders Hampered Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by tsdarkside(m): 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
that is not true....their is even one topic on nairaland of christians and muslims coming toghether to talk...TO HELL WITH bbc!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by BetaThings: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
jacksonite:
Actually I feel Moslems should not complain about boko haram killing Moslems since they believe their death is for a just cause. (fighting for allah)Just like Christian missionaries who died in the course of evangelism need not complain. Problem is when a moslem kills a Christian for the sake of allah and vice versa.The death becomes unjust because the dead person does not believe in the cause of his death and may probably not benefit from it.
You are incorrect!
Boko Haram is killing people indiscriminately
Christians still talk about Crusade today - that is a throwback to the war Pope Urban instigated against Muslims
But Boko Haram is not fighting a declared war against another religion
There is no sane reason for their war
Muslims fight over known causes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by BetaThings: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
chigoizie7:

So, what do they now want christian clerics to do?

Christians has been warning and speaking up against boko haram from time immemorial starting from the time or religious crisis up north. If those muslim clerics had joined the christians in condemning it then, maybe we would have had a better naija, but NO, dey didn't because it was not affecting them den. Now it is affecting dem, dey are now eager to speak, but the extremists wouldn't listen anymore (a bended dry stock fish can not be made straight again, otherwise u will break it)

Train a child in the way he/she should and when he/she. Grows, that they may not depart from it.

Now the consequences is eluding them, and they want christians to dialogue with them, what for?

Sheik Jafar (did you know him) was killed well before Boko Haram started suicide bombing
It was because he sopke against the ideology of Boko Haram
Look at timeline - he was killed in 2007
Suicide bombing started under Jonathan (I am not blaming him here) around 2011 or 2012?

Muslims have always spoken against BH but Christians deny same

As for training your children, what about Christian terrorists in IRA, Hutaree, LRA and the one in India converting Hindus to Christianity at gunpoint

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
anuma1:
Islam is the worst Religious group ever

And you must have come from the worst genetic lineage ever to have spewed such bigoted garbage angry
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by erico2k2(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
BetaThings:

I am sane and I know that Christianity has a sordid history
Christians have murdered more people than any other group in the history of mankind
But we know that Nigerian Christians don't study the history of their religion or are in denial
Read that book - Books fatal to their authors
Those where not real Christians. The where hiding under Christianity to carry out their evil acts.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
hassan85:
I hate commenting on religious issues but my model bishop kukah really disappointed me yesterday. let religious people just mind dia business

I was surprised too.I don't know if it's true.But he was quoted as saying the below statement on channels tv

"Even if gej stole the whole Nigeria money.For the simple reason that he handed over peacefully, is enough reason for PMB not to probe him.Remember, if you probe someone,God will probe you too"

Rev Hassan Mathew Kukar.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by asamaigho(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
tucky200:

See mumu..is boko haram not affecting both religion ??..shouldn't they come together to fight against it..use ur senses before commenting

please enlighten us on this "come together and fight".....
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by asamaigho(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
mofayodeyahoo:
Are muslims really fighting boko haram? Pls where and when

Only islamic scholar dat i ever heard conderm boko haram in zaria has been killed

Bishop idowu is base in Kaduna he is always on tv because of dis type of religious diplomacy.

churches are spendin million of naira in north to protect worshippers in church, because many muslim hate to see churches, b4 BH are northerns youth not destroyin church...

many muslim leaders in de north wish BK success so dat we can av islam state....

sooo on point!
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by KMOS: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
ikbnice:
BH strategized their plan to have a grip on the nation. They initially made pple point accusing fingers at one another while they were busy expanding their territory.

You are right bro those demons call bh came with strategy to further divide a divided nation full of unpatriotic citizens
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by asamaigho(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chiaka:
How would they have trusted the Muslim leaders when they watch all the time how churches and Christians where been attacked most times just after leaving the mosque without the Muslim leaders uttering a word. They even encouraged and supported those attacks. Boko Haram has become a headline news now simply because they also attack Muslims.........Hypocrisy by Muslim northern leaders

on point.gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
When Black Africans wake up, they'll be great again. For now they are slaves. They remain slaves. Slaves to foreign religions, they hate their brother because of religion, they discriminate because of religion and they then listen to and rely on the foreign media for news about themselves - same people who brough them the religion.

For every African who breaks free from religion and will love his fellow brother irrespective of his religious belief and will not discriminate, I say welcome to reality and welcome to progress.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by babadem2much(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
You correct my guy d Bishop need senses cuz he is not directly affected or indirectly.

BishopMagic:
Why is there no boko haram insurgency on moslem dominated northwest?

Mr Bishop try get sense
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by babadem2much(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
tucky200:
mumu,what about kano,bauchi,kebbi,zamfara...ur christian leaders are cowards,they are only interested in their pocket

Hey man dat harsh, meanwhile Kebbi, Sokoto n Niger states are never affected bro am from d Northwest a Christian mixed with moslem family members and we unitedly live together without any do me i do tinx. Even Zamfara has only recorded cases of fulani raiders. We humbly pray to see the end of this menace
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by chigoizie7(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
BetaThings:

Sheik Jafar (did you know him) was killed well before Boko Haram started suicide bombing
Suicide bombing started under Jonathan (I am not blaming him here) around 2011 or 2012?

As for training your children, what about Christian terrorists in IRA, Hutaree, LRA and the one in India converting Hindus to Christianity at gunpoint

Oga, this is not meant to be a blame game, I know I ve blamed the muslim clerics for not cautioning the extremists on time. My bad.

U and I know that these same extremists who performs their barbaric act all n the name of islamization of Nigeria, believing that they are doing it for their great prophet mohamed. U and I know too well that since they can not listen to the voices of the muslim clerics who happens to be on the same religious faith with them, now, is it the christians who they all see as infidels that must all die or accept islam by force that they will listen to?

U said the christians and their clerics has not spoken about the extremists in the past,even @ the time of religious unrest up north, courtesy of those barbaric animals,my brother, I will beg to differ with you that very notion.

Our leaders and high profiled people up north and in Nigeria @ large are the causes of all these. U and I know that @ some point, instead of condemning them, some were seeing fights against them as a fight against the northern Nigeria.

So, don't blame the christian clerics for not speaking up against it, they did, and some of the clerics were afraid to lend them voices for fears of being killed just like the one u mentioned earlier. Haven said this my brother, the christian clerics has nothing or less to do or say to stop these people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by BushidoBlue(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
BetaThings:

Before you lose yourself in your own logic let's take it one after the other.
Do you want to tell me that you are not aware that the IRA was fighting the Crown in UK?
Are you aware that the IRA.has since disbanded to the point that the Sein Felin Leader was shaking Prince Charles and chatting with him some months back?
Now you talk about Hutaree and LRA and also Christians converting Hindus at gunpoint...are you aware that Muslims do the same to the Hindus?
Beside a christian country, US is leading the fight to capture Kony, the LRA leader and stop the rebellion.
Look how long it took the Muslim world to fight against ISIL!!!!

The problem I have with people like you is that you bring up radical isolated events and claim it for Christianity as violence, meanwhile Christians vocally come out and denounce and even fight against these radicals, whereas in the moslem world you have a daily occurrence across nations of violence perpetuated by Muslims and there is a deafening silence from the moslem community.
Case in point. Danish cartoons. Miss world Nigeria 2002. Boko haram.

The Danish cartoons occurred in a far away nation only for Nigerian Moslem to kill and burn Christians in churches and at home. Do you want to tell me you were not born then or aren't aware of that?

Boko haram started by burning churches and police station attacks.
In 2011 they started to bomb churches and Christian fellowship centers. What did Muslims say or do? Other than crucify GEJ
When the fighting against Boko Haram became intense didn't the Northern Elder's come out to complain that their sons were being killed by the Nigerian Army and Ihejirika?

Before you speak on a topic please get your facts right.

Another character will mention the crusades forgetting that the crusades began as a reprisal to the conquest of the Holy Land by the Jihad which was scorching the middle east, remember that Christianity was in existence long before Islam which came about around 623 AD.
No one killed the Muslims or burnt their gathering places. What religion did the inhabitants of the middle east practicing before the coming of Islam
How did Islam spread in the region?
Ask your self and be truthful to your Deity and your conscience!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by tucky200(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
babadem2much:

Hey man dat harsh, meanwhile Kebbi, Sokoto n Niger states are never affected bro am from d Northwest a Christian mixed with moslem family members and we unitedly live together without any do me i do tinx. Even Zamfara has only recorded cases of fulani raiders. We humbly pray to see the end of this menace
Niger state
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by BushidoBlue(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
BetaThings:

I am sane and I know that Christianity has a sordid history
Christians have murdered more people than any other group in the history of mankind
But we know that Nigerian Christians don't study the history of their religion or are in denial
Read that book - Books fatal to their authors

Is it because Islamic murders are not recorded that you come here to spew misinformation?
How did much of North Africa become Arabic speaking and have Islam as a religion?
By sharing pancake abi?
How did your ancestors become Muslims? Please go and read a book!!!!
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by tucky200(m): 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
asamaigho:

please enlighten us on this "come together and fight".....
Boko haram has been killing both. Muslims and christians but the christians leaders. Are doing nothing am sure u hear abt the vigilante group,they some succeses against. Bh..the christian elders. Hv taken no step
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
in the beginning when boko haram were only bombing police stations, they were so many muslim supporters of boko haram... that's why christians were skeptical.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by Precide(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chiaka:

Yoruba Muslims are not violent. Check your history they never engage in violence against any other religion. A Yoruba man can be tribalistlic but not a religious bigot.
In the same family in Yoruba land, a wife can be a Christian the husband a muslim or vis va ser and they will live happily.
In a single family you find some muslims and others Christians and they live happily without problems.
i dont bliv there is a non-violent muslim group in dis world. Just dat yoruba muslims gat small craze compared to d ab.okis and xtians easily and wisely cool their insanity. But say what? They are fvcking violent
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by HaroldFinch(m): 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
anuma1:
Always read the article before making comments. If this short post is too long for you to read, wait for other comments, read them, and then add yours. It's pretty simple. And by the way, Islam is not a religious group.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by HaroldFinch(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
BishopMagic:

Mr Bishop try get sense

Its very simple, Boko Haram has its main activities in the North East, covering Chad, Cameron and Niger. We've heard of strikes in Niger, Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto States. Is it very hard for you to believe that Muslims are also victims?
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by HaroldFinch(m): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Precide:
i dont bliv there is a non-violent muslim group in dis world. Just dat yoruba muslims gat small craze compared to d ab.okis and xtians easily and wisely cool their insanity. But say what? They are fvcking violent
You need tutorials about history and Islam. I think you've seen too much Hollywood and probably cos the satanic group called boko haram erroneously claim islam. There are Christian fanatics in the world too. And history still has it that one of the greatest evils perpetrated in the name of religion is the Crusades.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by HaroldFinch(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
teeowl:
in the beginning when boko haram were only bombing police stations, they were so many muslim supporters of boko haram... that's why christians were skeptical.

Yes, arguably so. Don't you think now it's the time we need to fight the evil together?
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by hassan85(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
danjumakolo:

I was surprised too.I don't know if it's true.But he was quoted as saying the below statement on channels tv

"Even if gej stole the whole Nigeria money.For the simple reason that he handed over peacefully, is enough reason for PMB not to probe him.Remember, if you probe someone,God will probe you too"

Rev Hassan Mathew Kukar.

he said it o. I heard him and saw him live on sunrise this morning channels news. he actually said it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by BushidoBlue(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
HaroldFinch:

You need tutorials about history and Islam. I think you've seen too much Hollywood and probably cos the satanic group called boko haram erroneously claim islam. There are Christian fanatics in the world too. And history still has it that one of the greatest evils perpetrated in the name of religion is the Crusades.

Here we go again with the crusades,
Before Islam spread across the middle east, what religion were the inhabitants practicing?
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by simpleseyi: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
anuma1:

Worse than the religion that marries two men at their holy house or marries two women? Worse than the religion that captured, maimed, killed and exported your forefathers to Oyinbo land as slaves? Worse than the religion that allows indecent dressing even in the holy house, afterall God watches your heart and not your dressing? Worse than the religion that takes money from poor masses and uses it to buy private jets for the rich religious leaders?
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by closearms(m): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
anuma1:

while your ignorance is most damaging illness effecting you..
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by simpleseyi: 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
Precide:

I am Muslim married to a Christian. I am also a tribalist, I am proud of it. Go through my past posts to confirm these statements. You know one thing about you church goers, who think you are Christ followers, you are all foolish idiots. You think we Muslims give a damn about what you think about us? No we don't. We don't give a damn about what your perception about us. You can all go to hell for all we care. We know that your church goers are not Christ followers because Christ never preached hatred which your minds are full of.

Your hatred for Islam and Muslims is fast driving you to early grave and you are going there soon. Whether you believe it or not, Islam is going to rule the world and you church goers are helping to achieve that fast. You are already marrying two men in your churches and also two women thereby reducing number of children the so called christian world is bringing forth whereas in the the Muslim world, one man is marrying several wives and having several children. Lets see the population distribution according to religion in the next 50 years. I bet you will be paying taxes just to go to church.
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by gidjah(m): 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
Pls ignore d bishop,where was he qhen they (BH)told us dey r on a islamisation agenda?,isnt it true that the islamic clerics up north are dislaying sentiments towards this BH thing?some us who spent all our lives in the north know where d loyalty of this leaders lies,initially they where happy the christians are been killed daily by ds demons,until suddenly God turned d tide around and,,,,,
BishopMagic:

Mr Bishop try get sense
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC by gidjah(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
You are straight up bro,u must have lived in d north once. i grew all up in d north, i have virtually traversed d major nothern states, d story goes all d same.christians in d north are really in trouble o,islamic scholars were generally happy wt d one sided killings wen it started,but when the chrstians don finish for the area, they had to turn around to hit their own so dat the govt can attend to them.of the chibok girls stollen by ds demons over 200 days ago,how many of them are muslims,was that not an attempt to reduce d christian population in d north?,untill ds islamic clerics come up with what they know about BH,d war might never end o,even our C in C use to have sentiment towards ds evil guys b4.Let mr bishop go sit down[ abeg,he should stop looking for cheap publicity.quote author=mofayodeyahoo post=36940105]Are muslims really fighting boko haram? Pls where and when

Only islamic scholar dat i ever heard conderm boko haram in zaria has been killed

Bishop idowu is base in Kaduna he is always on tv because of dis type of religious diplomacy.

churches are spendin million of naira in north to protect worshippers in church, because many muslim hate to see churches, b4 BH are northerns youth not destroyin church...

many muslim leaders in de north wish BK success so dat we can av islam state....

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Bola Tinubu Meets His New Grandson Abiodun (Photos) / Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.