Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: (868 Views)

Is Muhammadu Buhari Dead Or Alive? - Femi Fani-Kayode / Shame On Those Wishing Buhari Dead- Adesina / Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by haloyeah(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan gave one of the most shameful and ridiculous excuses of any person who ever occupied the exalted office of President when he claimed ignorance of the serious malfeasances that went on during his administration. That was passing the buck taken to a new low. Certainly, any leader who claims ignoranceof the torrents of putrefying and sordid corruption stories that flowed under and through his presidency is only being clever by half. Surprised? How could Jonathan claim he was “hearing for the first time” about some of these scandals? Wasn’t it at the peak of some of these scandals he announced to a stunned world that “stealing is not corruption”?

The game changed when Buhari became the flag bearer of a resurgent opposition. Those who did not take him seriously during his previous campaigns when he talked about taking on corruption head-on are now doing a rethink. In fact, word on the street is that even some leaders of his party (APC) can no longer afford to pass the night in the same place on consecutive days. Those in his party who thought they could order him aroundbecause they were instrumental to his victory are now busy burying the corruption skeletons in their cupboards. Those we thought were Ministerial shoe-ins don’t even have thecourage to stand before the man anymore. They had kleptomaniacally soiled theiroats and Buhari knows. Andthey know he knows. The fear of Buhari is now the beginning of wisdom. It was this same fear that got Jonathan scurrying overto Abdulsalam Abubakar ‘s house, and then to Aso Rockthe other day seeking cover; seeking insulation and possibly redemption from the anti-corruption axe Buhari is wielding with indiscriminate ferociousness. Like an apparition, Jonathan reportedly snuk into the seatof power and begged Buhari to adhere to the pre-concession deal brokered by Abubakar in which Buhari purportedly promised to not humiliate him. What a shame! Jonathan went from the guyasking that his Ministers should not be probed a few weeks ago to one asking that he himself be spared today. Buhari IS a General, guys. Buhari will always remain a General. Don’t everforget that. Many people speak derogatorily about OBJ being “wily” and IBB being “Maradonaic”. These ARE Generals! (Even after retirement, you still refer to aGeneral as General.) Forget that nonsense about calling Buhari “President Buhari” instead of “General Buhari.” Behind that façade of a soft-spoken and gentle mienlies a lethal tactician. Everything in his DNA is military discipline and doctrine. So, why would he show his hand to Jonathan by telling him on the eve of his’s concession of defeat that he would, in fact, be targeted? Why, especially when it was obvious to everybody Buhari was goingto win anyway? That would amount to telling the enemy when your forces would attack, where they would attack, the number and types of weapons they have,and their numerical strength. That would be suicidal. Buhari played him. Period. Only a gullible person would be so fooled. Jonathan was so gullible he must have been the only onein that room, during the Abdulsalam-brokered meeting, who believed Buhari would not go after him and corruption. Throughout his presidency, Jonathan displayed a degree of gullibility and ineptness that dwarfed Shehu Shagari’s during his 1979-1984 misrule. How could he have missed the most ubiquitous proofs of grand larcenies that went onunder his very nose? How on earth could anyone have tolerated Stella Oduah at theAviation ministry for as long as Jonathan did without answering any of the accusations against her? Who else would have hired Femi Fani-Kayode (or whatever he is now called) to manage his campaign funds when the man still had corruption and money-laundering cases pending in court? How could Diezani Alison-Madueke have held on to the Petroleum Resources ministry for so long in the face of the mind-boggling, licentious scandals reported by everybody close to that ministry? Who, in his right senses, would have fired CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for exposing the humongous graft going on in the oil sector while keeping Super-Ministers Okonjo Iweala and Alison-Madueke who should have been queried about the missing money in the first place? Do we want to talk about pardoning convicted felon - Diepreye Alamieyeseigha or turning a blind eye to James Ibori untilthe British Metropolitan Police picked him up? Who hobnobbed with Gani Adams and Tompolo (a.k.a. Government Ekpemupolo)? Who had nothing to say to Musiliu Obanikoro, Ayodele Fayose, Iyiola Omisore, AliyuMomoh despite the preponderance of evidence of corruption during Ekitigate?Under GEJ, impunity reignedsupreme. Profligacy was the norm. But the EFCC and ICPC went into near-comatose. They were reduced to running after theft of measly sums in the neighborhood of N1 million and wasting resources on credit card fraudsters while bigtime thieves laughed all the way to their banks. Under GEJ, even the EFCC chairman was accused of corruption! But he was not short of advice. Those of us who are little fries wrote about it. Bigpens like Wole Soyinka wrote about it. Big guns likeOBJ fired off a few rounds. But rather than heed advice, GEJ doubled-down and continued to bask in the delusion of ephemeral grandeur, acting as if he would be President for life. He buried his head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich and pretended that all was well. Rather than listen, he sent his attack dogs after everybody who had anything deemed unsavory to say. Reuben Abati even boasted once that his boss’ opponents underrated him at their own perils; that GEJ knew how to“wrong foot” them at every turn. They forgot they were dealing with the real “big boys” of Nigeria. GEJ forgotthat they actually “let” him be President and they could “take” the presidency from him if they chose to do so. No sooner had he become President than he started behaving as if (and indeed his wife said it publicly manytimes that) it was now the turn of “his people” to do whatever pleased them with the nation’s resources. Talk about the child who was tasting soup for the first time and messed up his clothes in the process. Now,he is making nocturnal visitsto the new powers-that-be, looking for salvation and claiming he did not smell therot in his government. Those who backed IBB and his fellow travelers in overthrowing Buhari in 1985knew that the Buhari/Idiagbon anti-corruption freight train was coming through their lives. But they didn’t reckonwith Nemesis. They didn’t reckon with the likelihood that Buhari would return, albeit through the ballot box,some 30 years later, to continue where they had stopped him. When a person tries to accomplish amission two, three or four times, you have to believe in his doggedness and you have to take him seriously. Many people (me included) who criticized Buhari for not having picked his Ministers by now have been shut up by the apparent success of this anti-corruption crusade.Let the house mice go forth and announce to the bush mice; that there is a new Sherriff in town. His name isGeneral Muhammadu Buhari. And Stealing is now Corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by deadZONE: 7:44am On Aug 14, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by jaybee104(m): 7:47am On Aug 14, 2015
;D8
Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by kossyablaze(m): 7:55am On Aug 14, 2015
Smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by Iddiot(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2015
long
Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by Hassan080196(m): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2015
What a fantastic write-up.

I still know and believe that some dullards will still regard this gullible man as their mentor o. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by DarqChild: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2015
I am a Nigerian from the East(South Side of the Niger. An Igbo boy to be exact.) but right from day one I've always supported Buhari. I can remember the first time I read about him early 2014. The man actually kidnapped a corrupt official who ran to the UK back in the days and almost had him in the country to face the law but everything fell through at the last minute. I mean, any man who has the mind to go to such lengths to get what he wants is mean and ready for business. I call him the radical general and not like all these other noise makers. Last year ending, seated in my room in Awka with friends and family I made a premonition that Buhari will be the president of this country come 2015 and a lot of my friends wanted to have my head. I remember when the results came out and he was declared the winner. Oooh, my celebration dance was out of this world but I knew that was when the real war began for my Boss; Baba himself. I fear for Baba's life. I have another premonition, it may be ugly but the chances of it happening are really high. You see, the premonitions I make are based on Statistics and figures and not by miracle or charm. Baba is going to clean up Nigeria somewhat but his life will be in serious danger in the nearest future. They will try to kill him and may succeed. It all depends on how Careful and prepared Baba is. In the next 2 years Nigeria is going to reach heights that SHE has never reached before and then the bad eggs will steer their heads again in an attempt to reclaim what they feel is theirs. The next 6 years is going to be really interesting in this country. The Good are gathering ammunition to finally be able to fight the bad. The main showdown comes after Baba is gone then the crusader will emerge to finish up the work. Just premonitions People. We've got our own Abraham Lincoln cum JFK now. Lets watch and see how things unfold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by sammyj: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2015
grin what a wonderful thorough peace of writeup. GEJ the clueless former president never saw this coming. Any ways just to conclude that dog that want to miss his road will always ignore his owners whistle ! !! undecided
Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by MrCounselor: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2015
Let's see where the wind is blowing towards.
Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by MrCounselor: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2015
DarqChild:
I am a Nigerian from the East(South Side of the Niger. An Igbo boy to be exact.) but right from day one I've always supported Buhari. I can remember the first time I read about him early 2014.
The man actually kidnapped a corrupt official who ran to the UK back in the days and almost had him in the country to face the law but everything fell through at the last minute.

That was Umaru Dikko

I mean, any man who has the mind to go to such lengths to get what he wants is mean and ready for business. I call him the radical general and not like all these other noise makers. Last year ending, seated in my room in Awka with friends and family I made a premonition that Buhari will be the president of this country come 2015 and a lot of my friends wanted to have my head.

Seems your don't allow sentiments to cloud your free mind. Kudos! We need your type in the world.

I fear for Baba's life. I have another premonition, it may be ugly but the chances of it happening are really high.
...Baba is going to clean up Nigeria somewhat but his life will be in serious danger in the nearest future. They will try to kill him and may succeed. It all depends on how Careful and prepared Baba is.

He was a General in the army and knows what Coup de'tat is, he should be at least prepared for the likes of that because he should be aware he's dealing with corrupt but powerful and influential set of bad eggs.

In the next 2 years Nigeria is going to reach heights that SHE has never reached before and then the bad eggs will steer their heads again in an attempt to reclaim what they feel is theirs. The next 6 years is going to be really interesting in this country. The Good are gathering ammunition to finally be able to fight the bad.

We pray o cheesy.

The main showdown comes after Baba is gone then the crusader will emerge to finish up the work. Just premonitions People. We've got our own Abraham Lincoln cum JFK now. Lets watch and see how things unfold.

You are very insightful and intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by baralatie(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2015
what happens if much ado nothing!
Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by hassan85(m): 9:06am On Aug 14, 2015
whether Gej, Abdulsalam, Kukah, Sultan, CAN President like it or not, it must be fought. go on Mr President

1 Like

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by patrickmuf(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Powerful write up depicting the very picture of things... Nigeria is on her way to redemption...

1 Like

Re: THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: by onomeasike: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2015
I saw the writer's brilliant use of Yoruba proverbs

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Fm 104.7 Is Back In Enugu / Are These Biafrans Causing Sleepless Nights To Nigerians? / President Buhari Inaugurates New SGF,NSA And SA At Council Chambers Abuja(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.