Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American (1503 Views)

Man Batter Sister, Says Her Testimony Made Court Dissolve His Marriage / Man Bites Off Mother-in-law’s Finger For Scattering His Marriage / Marriage To These Types Of People Will Surely End In Divorce(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by bigass(f): 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2015

I am Nigerian-American and my African American wife does not even bother to cook. I cook the meals for our two kids every single day upon return from work. Sometimes if I have an event at the office and have to stay a little late, she just waits for me to return, then cook. It is not as if she cannot make something for herself and the kids, she just lazes around and sleeps most of the day, then plays card games on her phone. I have to make sure there is enough prepared food so my kids won't go hungry while at work especially in summer time like now while school is still out. She claims she's tired always given some health problems she had four years ago that have since been treated and managed through medication and rehab.

She may be tired always, but never tired to go on vacation, or an out of town cultural event, or travel. Never tired to attend social events, etc. Even when we visit some of my African relatives and friend and she sees how other highly educated African women take charge of their kitchens while their husbands just sit and wait to be served, it does not occur to her to be a bit more help in that department. The other day at an African event where food was served, when the women served me, they knelt down to place food in front of me as a sign of respect and reverence. Not that I expect my African American wife to go that far, but that display worried her because she sensed the lady serving me had a thing for me, and that I might be missing some of those familiar pecks that come with African women. Luckily for her, I have no interest or plans to be unmarried. However, it is way too much load on me. If my children are sick, I darn well have to take off work to take them to the doctor, dress their wounds if they sustain and injury, cook and serve her own parents when they visit so they don't sit and leave hungry. I just recently semi stopped ironing her clothes. I got tired and told her to do that herself.

Sad to say, many African American women have no clue. They have very limited domestic training, and very ignorant about family life, child rearing, discipline, and nurturing of children. If I was a cluless man or had not been taught how to maintain and manage a household by my mother and father, my home would have been torn apart a long time ago. My parents raised 6 kids in love and were married for early 50 years before my father passed. Despite the challenges and frustration, I don't want to see my children suffer or raised in a single parent household because I want the same upbringing that I had for them. And black women go to church a lot, but most of their attendance does nothing to change their thinking, their mindset, and character.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by chocolateme(f): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Anyone telling him to talk to her, go for counseling, beat her, talk to her parents, find out her problem and challenges, do this and do that, maybe wasting their posts because sure and obvious it is that he has tried all those over the years. So many women are just naturally without character and wicked.
She is not a dummy, she knows all these things and can foretell that you are incapable of putting up a fight so I advice you to
Serve her divorce papers and act like u are desperate to get rid of her including court restrictions on her having access to the kids. Make a huge case out of it including involving the whole family.
Do this and see if she would not wake up from her deep slumber.
That a woman married and gave birth to children does not qualify her to be a MOTHER.
NONSENSE.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by espn(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=bigass post=36955342][/quote]you don't wand your kids to be raised by a single parent..but from your post..its as good as those kids bin raised by you alone.. if she can't cook and perform some motherly responsibility expected of her..then it's as good as them bin raised by you alone. All d best!
Btw you knew this before you got married.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
This one serious o

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by mutter(f): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
If I must be honest the feeding pf the kids is one of the smallest and easiest tasks. Besides most children like things that are easily prepared. What about the bathing.cleaning , homework and and...

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by Pidggin(f): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
OP here's my 2cents; employ the services of a domestic help if necessary. You didn't mention how old your children are, but from your post I can place your first child from five upwards(correct?). Start teaching your kids little chores, so that when they grow a bit older there can be helpful. As for your wife, I don't have anything to say.
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by cococandy(f): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eya you seem to be a good guy who doesn't deserve that.
She's a perfect wife for those like her. Let both of them sit around and play video games while their kids starve.

What do you intend to do about her behavior?

As for your kids, you can buy those hot pocket and pre-made pasta kinds of food that they only have to heat up in the microwave. So you don't have to cook everyday for them.
Do take-out for yourself sometimes too. Maybe she will be hungry enough one day to get up and cook.
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by SAMBARRY: 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ignore her.stop washing and ironing her clothes. Don't cook for her. Let her behave anyhow she likes . when she notices you don't do the things you used to do before then she'll figure out her misdemeanour. It's obvious she's taking you for granted and you couldn't even call her to order about her laziness?

I hate when people take each other for granted. Cook for yourself and your children and don't join her own. Make her feel completely irrelevant. Stop taking care or visiting her family again. It's at that point she'll start appreciating your efforts undecided

don't involve her in your decisions and that of your kids. Treat her like a house mate e.g the only thing you talk about is good morning and go your way

give her monologue answers when she's talking to you like ok. Yes fine I understand

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by lilmax(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Weakling as usual...... Idiot

Women don't appreciate fools
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by tpiah2: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
I know na women go full this thread, lord have mercy. undecided
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by tpiah2: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by adesbreath: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2015
I think you should just ignore her totally. Try and get someone to do the chores with you. I don't think she will ever change. Sorry about this.
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by Haywhymido(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2015
I hate been taken 4 granted, manipulated to please u when it obvious u dont n wont return such back to me.Grow up guy, show dat silly woman d oda side of u. Sure, i knw dat what u said u hate to happen will definitely happened when u drop dead after tasking urself out sumday. Then ur fear(ur children growing with a single parent) will come to pass, while u are wandering the underworld. Only den will u realise dat ur wife is nt as lazy as she is showing it to u. But,den it will be too late dear.
Re: A Nigerian's Story About His Marriage To An African American by dinachi(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2015
And on top of all this I can almost guarantee that her pussy stinks! Cause she is so lazy, she may not have time for proper hygiene.
My man, you have heard it all. Read the riot act and take action.
Focus on your kids only. Stop giving her any attention and seperate your account. I hope you were able to get a pre nuptial agreement before all these, if not you are bleeped.
Therr are no single rights for guys in America.
I have been shouting myself hoarse to guys. Stop getting married in the west.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Omg! Kenyan Man Stuck Inside Married Woman When He Was Running Things (photo) / Are Women Being Fair To Us, Men? / Joys Of Motherhood (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.