Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership (3433 Views)

Pep Guardiola Is A Racist / Who Is The Best And Worst Referee In Premiership / Who Is This New Guy In Premiership ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by binhozie(m): 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
i think he is the best coach around at the moment and should get some kudos

Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2009
he inherited a fantastic team, he's not that good.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by A40(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2009
Simple! Its because he is yet to win any major title
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by FBS: 9:14am On Mar 25, 2009
Barca is simply on fire + he inherited a fantastic team. He is trying sha.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by dayokanu(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2009
He inherited a fantastic team but the same team was misfiring last season. Struggling to win games
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by ogazi007(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2009
what is fantastic about a team that could not win any trophy in two consecutive seasons?even though he has not won any trophy yet,i think he has done more than what his predecessors couldnot achieved in the first year of their contracts.barca has not made the finals of king's cup in the past ten years,thank God to guardiola.barca has scored 84 goals letting in 24 and amassed 69 points in 28 matches played so far in laliga,barca is the only team competing for three trophies in spain.i really admire his humbleness,maturity and courage to stick to his style of play and that of the club traditions.he is a young coach and there is still enough time for improvement,the future is very promising for PEP and fc barcelona.cant wait for him to win treble this season.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by eyonigger(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2009
Lets wait and see.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by lailai2(m): 12:03am On Mar 27, 2009
peeps that are saying he inherited a fantastic hav absolutely no idea of the various methods he has introduced, dont think they'll ever get it for the moment

but i agree wiv A-40, he has to win something first, and for sure the premiership boiz will still disregard him and name their respective coach the best
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by kokonets(m): 11:17am On Mar 27, 2009
To me Pep is a good coach, genuine Barca fans had their doubts over his coaching skills and abilities and i think he has been able to shut his critics, with the way Barca are playing its just a matter of time before trophies start coming, Up Barca
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by tocdee(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2009
OK! Guardiola! Guardiola! wink
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by abrahym(m): 12:09am On Mar 28, 2009
kudoz to him but LA LIGA aint a strong league like premiership
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by AjanleKoko: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2009
Una bros o,
make una take am easy.
I think our Nigerian way of screaming halleluyah well before we even near the river jordan, talk less of walls of jericho, has finally gotten the better of us.
This is Guardiola's first season as a coach na. Haba.
You can't compare him to great masters like Sir Alex, 'special ones' like Jose M, or even his predecessor Rijkaard.
All these guys won titles both domestic and in Europe. Pep neva win nada. He's even a homeboy who rose from the ranks. He needs to prove himself. and If I know my team, he's probably getting fired in like, 2 or 3 seasons.
Time neva reach to dey compare somebody who was probably still in primary school when somebody like Sir Alex (who by the way is my own best coach in today's game) don carry Scotland go WC.
Peace.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by dayokanu(m): 11:40am On Mar 28, 2009
Time neva reach to dey compare somebody who was probably still in primary school when somebody like Sir Alex (who by the way is my own best coach in today's game) don carry Scotland go WC.

Who took Scotland to which world cup?
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by akinalabi(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
He has not won a trophy yet. You respect coaches when they
win trophies consistently.

@ dayo,

Fergie took Scotland to to 86 world cup but got bundled out
of the group stages.

Meanwhile, I want to do the champions league chalenge
again. This time, its open to everyone
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by tocdee(m): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2009
Maybe this why:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163802090328-1217.htm

AFA IS SIMPLY THE BEST
Steve Hunter 28 March 2009

Rafael Benitez is the best coach in the world according to three of the continent's best known newspapers.
Spain's AS and Marca, plus Italian broadsheet La Gazzetta dello Sport conducted online polls asking their readers to vote for the best coach in world football.

Liverpool's manager was an overwhelmingly popular figure and came out on top, winning more votes than the likes of Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Fabio Capello, Marcello Lippi, Vicente Del Bosque and Barcelona's Josep Guardiola.

In Marca, Rafa got 44 per cent of the vote to finish ahead of Guardiola (28 per cent) and Wenger (7 per cent).

Meanwhile, in AS, Benitez took 34 per cent with Guardiola in second place (19 per cent) and Spain's Head Coach Del Bosque third (15 per cent).

Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport had Rafa out in front with 24.6 per cent, ahead of Ferguson (17.2 per cent) and Mourinho (15 per cent).

As you can see, it's got nothing to do with the EPL. Even the Spanish don't rate him that highly as he's relatively unproven.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2009
@Akinalabi,

For real I no know say Fergie coached Scotland. I thought it was from Aberdeen straight to Man Utd.

We all learn everyday.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by Bobbyb(m): 8:45am On Mar 30, 2009
PEP guardiola has 2 win something, but i personally lyk d idea of former players coaching teams>>PEP,klinsman,keegan,Donadoni,Mancini etc
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by lailai2(m): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2009
we'll have to wait and see
but u must admit he has really handled the pressure well
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by ogazi007(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2009
sooner or later,una go dey holla im name
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by propheyo: 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2009
holler him name like TIMAYA!!
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by kayality: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2009
is a good coach i hope it will all the three trophy amen
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by binhozie(m): 6:19pm On May 29, 2009
and guess wat he did bring home all 3 trophies
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by eyonigger(m): 6:54pm On May 29, 2009
Now he can be rated the best
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by khanye(m): 6:54pm On May 30, 2009
Some of the top active managers in the world today, Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink, Fabio Capello, can only dream of winning three titles on debut and to do it at just age 38.

Fergie, for example, took three and a half years before he won his first piece of silverware with Manchester United and he had to wait almost another decade before he lifted his first European Cup and won the treble.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by otokx(m): 8:23pm On May 30, 2009
He sure did embarrass SIR
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by folahann(m): 9:29pm On May 30, 2009
he has just proved to the whole world in the champions league final that he's a master tactician. respect to Guardiola
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by calx50: 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2009
Let Guardiola come and coach HULL CITY in England and win the EPL, then we'll know if he is truly good or not, Having destroyers like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, A coach must be succesful because he's got the materials, Congrats to Guardiola though for his recent success for treble.
WISHING BLUES THE SAME!!!!

Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by binhozie(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2009
geez has any coach ever won the priemierleague wit hull city ahh froggie mourninho and benitezand lippi have always worked wit  solid material and in lippis case some match fixin wenger wey no dey use where im deyFor the second time im asking why arent people screaming guardiola guardiola is it because his not in the priemiership his equally a handsome or cos he doesnt give cocky interviews and calls himself names like the special one turned a team that was in turmoil came 3rd in the league booted out in championsleague semi final to unarguably the best team in europe a totatly unstoppable rampaging force that has won the first spanish treble at only 38 while a some one 2 years older than him just retired as footballer
pls lets all scream pep guardiola and forget wat lippi thinks
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by calx50: 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2009
Agreed, as he sneaked out with a goal at 184th minute and finally mercilessly messed the EPL giants, Let's start shouting his name Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! Guardiola ! till thy kingdom come, Congrats to you.
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by dayokanu(m): 1:24am On Jun 02, 2009
Did any of Wengay, Ferguson, or Mourinho coach Hull City to win the title?

Which of them won the treble in their first coaching season as a 38yr old
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by kayality: 1:24am On Jun 03, 2009
is ok
Re: Why Arent People Screamin Guardiola Guardiola Is It B Cos His Not In Premiership by RuuDie(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2009
A far lesser feat achieved with a smaller club is much more laudable. . . . . . A'la Advocaat @ Zenith, JM @ Porto, Schuster @ Getafe, Felix Magath @ Wolfsburg,  Laurent Blanc @ Bordeaux Girondins etc.

Lets give him a little more time b4 we know his substance. . . . .  see how Rjikaard wound up!?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanu Approaching 50 - Avram Grant / FA Cup Semi: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sat, 10th April 2010 / Chelsea (0) Vs Everton (0) On Wednesday 22nd April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.