Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,514 members, 7,958,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:07 PM

Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found (17963 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Bristow Helicopter Crash Survivors In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by helphelp: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ehya
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by FrankValency(m): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
khalebzy:
down here in unilag...we didnt even hear anything..smh
bros we know say u dey for the almighty Unilag,u hear
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by millionboi(m): 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
deadZONE:
Am sure it was those fisher men that found it
cause NEMA just bears the name for fancy.

Buhari please probe this crash.

TALK TALK SNAIL.
lol
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
argon500:
Found, good but for how long would the process take.. 3 years or

Laboratory looting grin grin grin
CYM.... Pastorapostle@gmail.com
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Gods300men: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
harbdulrasaq88:
The Accident Investigation Bureau on Friday announced that it had recovered the Black Box of the Bristow helicopter that crashed into the Lagos lagoon on Wednesday.

The black box contains the cockpit voice and the flight data recorders.

The Commissioner of the Accident Investigation Bureau, Felix Abali, made this known while displaying the two devices to aviation correspondents at the bureau’s headquarters in Lagos.

Six of the 12 people on the helicopter died when the crash occurred on Wednesday. Among the dead were the pilot and the co-pilot whose bodies were found on Thursday.

The cause of the crash is yet to be ascertained.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188399-black-box-of-crashed-bristow-helicopter-found.html

Abeg, make them do ooo, we are stuck offshore needs to go hope to my Family
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Kingbilo(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
EgunMogaji:

While not impossible but it's improbable.

One of the first primal lessons that a rotary winged aircraft pilot learns is autorotation.

Based on the eye witness account I'm deducing that the ship lost torque to the tail rotor.

Seconded
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Dekatron(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
Since a blackbox is virtually indestructible, WHY NOT MAKE THE AIRCRAFT WITH THE SAME MATERIAL AS THE BLACKBOX? e tire me o.

Somebody explain
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Emmy4Naija: 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
EgunMogaji:

One of the first primal lessons that a rotary winged aircraft pilot learns is autorotation.

Based on the eye witness account I'm deducing that the ship lost torque to the tail rotor.

Sound more like what I think based on the Eye-withness report too. The tail rotor controls direction as well. From the investigation we expect to know what might have caused the tail rotor to loose torque. We are waiting for the report
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by 9jatatafo(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
The Lagoon Oba and Oba of Oworosoki already know the cause so no need for the blackbox or voice recorder.
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Doxkelly1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nobody knows the depth of the lagoon, Perhaps the black box was floating. Ask the Oba
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Doxkelly1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nobody knows the depth of the lagoon, Perhaps the black box was floating. Ask the Oba. It may be the goddess
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by kokakoka: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
May the soul of the dead rest in peace

deadZONE:
Am sure it was those fisher men that found it
cause NEMA just bears the name for fancy.

Buhari please probe this crash.

TALK TALK SNAIL.
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by nas00(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
Dekatron:
Since a blackbox is virtually indestructible, WHY NOT MAKE THE AIRCRAFT WITH THE SAME MATERIAL AS THE BLACKBOX? e tire me o.

Somebody explain

Even if an aircraft is made with indestructible material, it would surprise you to find that every passenger aboard a crashed airliner made of such material may still be found dead.

There are several factors that could kill in an air crash. Assuming no smoke or fire in the air, the main factor is TRAUMA from SUDDEN DECELERATION, which occurs when the aircraft traveling at a very high speed is made to stop instantly, when it hits the ground/ water/ rock. Most passengers would be dead or fatally injured before any subsequent fire or drowning. Many internal organs, including the spinal cord and brain can be terribly damaged instantly by deceleration injuries. It can cause instant death.

If you understand the physics, you will also realise that aircrafts generally are made from light metal alloys with tough/ durable features. This makes them lighter and confers better fuel economy and easier flight control.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by guiddoti: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
ladyF:
At least we can get more info

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
I know envy yur achievement but take am easy. swell swell nay my kobo advice
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by tollytexy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
Dindondin:
Na engine failure cause the crash

Hmmm.. aerospace engineer grin grin grin
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by khalebzy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
FrankValency:
bros we know say u dey for the almighty Unilag,u hear
oops okay
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by kamzy007: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
ELTON123:
noise maker how manage
. grin
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by tetuila007(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
...Una think say Oni of ife wey die no go need death subordinates....I beg leave matter for matiahs...still remain dead body for the kings final passover grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Dindondin(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
tollytexy:

Hmmm.. aerospace engineer grin grin grin
I m 100 % sure
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by tollytexy(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Dindondin:

I m 100 % sure

Ok.. I believe you my engineer cheesy
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by Olisa4all: 12:07am On Aug 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

True

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by gym(m): 6:24am On Aug 15, 2015
hizzyairtel:
Sorry please, what is blackbox? Coz we don't know what it is here in Chibok, perhaps its a box with black color

A flight recorder, colloquially known as a black box, although it is now orange-coloured, is an electronic recording device placed in an aircraft for the purpose of facilitating the investigation of aviation accidents and incidents.

Any type of aircraft in any condition of flight can be viewed in terms of its input parameters (e.g. control instructions) and output parameters (e.g. flight sensors), without any knowledge of its internal workings, as a black box model. The flight data recorder (FDR) is a device that preserves the recent history of the flight through the recording of dozens of parameters collected several times per second. The cockpit voice recorder (CVR) preserves the recent history of the sounds in the cockpit including the conversation of the pilots. The two recorders give an accurate testimony, narrating the aircraft's flight history, to assist in any later investigation

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by unclejb2(m): 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
I think Oba Akiolu thought that the chopper was carrying Igbos. Wrong target.......
Re: Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found by cherry007(f): 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
??OMG!!! So happy to hear dis, buh how long will it take to find out d cause of the crash?

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos / COVID-19: 160 Nigerians Return From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.