Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? (6936 Views)

Xbox One X Vs Xbox One S: Which Of These Consoles Should You Buy? / Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better / PC Vs XBOX ONE Graphics Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? by Greatzeus(m): 5:44am On Aug 15, 2015
PS4 vs Xbox One: which is better?

Now a year and a half since the two consoles launches, Sony's sales numbers prove that PS4 is more popular with early adopters of the next-generation of video games. Fact.

PlayStation 4 is outselling Xbox One 2-to-1 right now, surpassing 22.3 million systems sold worldwide, while Microsoft's sales numbers are at 12.8 million.

Xbox One vs PS4 hardware design:

Deciding between PS4 and Xbox One is like peeling back an onion, and it starts with the outermost layer, the hardware design.

Xbox One's dimensions make it a menacing gaming beast that measures 13.5 in x 10.4 in x 3.2 in. It's also riddled with vents, a design decision to avoid another Red Ring of Death overheating scenario

PS4 Hardware design:

PS4 has a more distinctive angular shape with an overall stylish design. This half-matte half-gloss console measures a slimmer 10.8 in x 12 in x 2 in at its widest regions.

These dimensions make Sony's machine more media cabinet-friendly, at least next to Xbox One. The new Xbox also weighs a heftier 3.56 kg vs PS4's 2.75 kg.

More clear cut is the wireless connectivity situation. PS4 makes room for gigabit ethernet and 802.11 WiFi bands b/g/n, while Xbox One includes all of that plus the older 802.11a band.

Xbox One also supports both the 2.4GHz and newer 5GHz channels that are compatible with dual band routers. PS4 limits connections to 2.4GHz, which is likely to have more interference.

Both systems launched with 500GB hard drives and now have 1TB variants, but only PS4 allows user-replaceable internal drives. An Xbox One teardown found a standard-looking drive inside, but replacing it voids the warranty. Be careful.

Instead, the Xbox One June update finally allowed gamers to add external storage to the monster-sized system. There are strings attached. The drive needs to be 256GB or larger and USB 3.0 compatible.

External storage isn't an option that Sony supports in its "go big or go home" internal approach.

PS4 and Xbox One are void of remarkable characteristics on the front. There's a Blu-ray/DVD combo drive to the left and their respective, muted-color logos to the right. PS4 has a pair of USB ports tucked between its sandwich-like halves next to where the disc drive is located.

It's party in the back Xbox One connections. That's where it has two USB ports, HDMI in, HDMI out, S/PDIF for digital audio, a proprietary Xbox One Kinect port, an IR blaster connection and an Ethernet port. To the far right is a K-lock in case you want to lug this system around to LAN parties.

Sony went with a minimalist approach when it came to PS4's rear ports. You'll only find an HDMI out, S/PDIF, Ethernet and PS4 camera port (marked "AUX"wink around back.

Xbox One is more feature-packed in this area thanks to its HDMI in and IR blaster connections used for its TV cable or satellite box functionality. But are you really going to use this feature? PS4 lacks this passthrough technology, opting to stick with gaming as its top priority.

Is PS4 or Xbox more powerful?
:

PS4 and Xbox One multiply the power of Xbox 360 and PS3. More importantly, they were built with smarter internal designs, drawing from mistakes of last-generation consoles.

Chip manufacturer AMD benefitted the most from these upgrades. Xbox One has a custom 1.75GHz AMD 8-core CPU, a last-minute upgrade over its original 1.6GHz processor.

The PS4 CPU remained clocked at 1.6GHz and contains a similar custom AMD 8-core CPU with x86 based architecture.

PS4 boasts a 1.84 teraflop GPU that's based on AMD's Radeon technology. The Xbox One graphics chip, also with an AMD Radeon GPU, has a pipeline for 1.31 teraflops

Best PS4 vs Xbox One specs for RAM:

Even more controversial is the memory under the consoles' matte black hoods. It's not the amount of RAM at issue - both are future-proofed with 8GB of RAM - it's the type of RAM used.

PS4 has a distinct advantage with faster 8GB GDDR5 memory, while Xbox One went with the slower bandwidth of the 8GB DDR3 variety.

The PS4 and Xbox One specs have similar AMD architecture at their core, but contrast like apples and oranges when it comes to memory. Only developers can determine how this battle is won.

Xbox One vs PS4 price difference:

It's expensive to be an early adopter, and the initial PS4 and Xbox One prices prove just that in each of the countries the systems have launched.

One year ago, the PS4 price was the more tempting deal: $399 for the console and DualShock 4 controller. Xbox One was expensive at $499 for the system, Xbox One controller and Kinect
After two official Xbox One price drops, the cost comparison is actually in Microsoft's favor in the US. The new list price is $349 with a game, but without Kinect included. It's rumored to go even lower soon, maybe at E3 2015.

Right now, that's $50 cheaper than the PS4 that doesn't come with a game. Pre-owned Xbox One and PS4 consoles are even better choices, and in most regions are now becoming plentiful

The controllers:

The most important aspects of the PS4 vs Xbox One controller comparison include comfort, size and battery life, but a lot of this is going to come down to personal preference.

The good news is that both conform to your hands better vs the less ergonomic Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Source:http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-vs-xbox-720-which-is-better-1127315

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? by DrayZee: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2015
What do you think?
Re: PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? by DrayZee: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2015
I think the PS4

1 Like

Re: PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
I took out time today to really sit with an xbone and i must say it still doesnt cut it for me,everything felt odd,whereas i felt right at home handling the ps4,i was actually at a game center and they had 5xbone's and 5ps4's people where lined up for the ps4 with fewer people on the xbone.ps4 wins it for me.

1 Like

Re: PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? by hakymz: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
ps4
Re: PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Is Better? by rezy15(m): 7:22am On Aug 19, 2015
This drama on which is better is getting boring. For me its a preference tin. Specs doesn't cut it imo. If I love the games, I love the console

(1) (Reply)

Highly Compressed Android Games Free Download / Please Can These My Pc Play High End Games / How Can I Kill Saddler In Resident Evil 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.