Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. (915 Views)

Evil Of Video Call With Opposite Sex / How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires / 5 Evil Consequences Of Fostering Arrogance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2015
HIRS-O-HAWAS (whims and desires), the mother of all diseases.

All praise is due to Allah. Let the peace and blessings be on our beloved unlettered Prophet (S. A. W), his family and companions. I seek refugee in Allah from the accursed shaitan and I begin in the name of Allah, the most beneficent, the most merciful.

Al hakumu al takathir
Hatta zur tumu al maqabir

Translation - the matual rivalry (for Pilling up of worldly things) diverts you.
Until you visit the grave (i. e till you die)

My dear esteemed, honourable brothers and sisters of Islam and the sacred mothers and sisters of the sanctified Ummah-e-Islam.
There are some diseases which gave birth to other diseases ; there are some sins that give birth to a lot of other sins ; and there are mistake. Some mistakes through which a lot of fasad (corruption) spreads. There is one such disease that the Prophet (S. A. W) pointed out that is HIRS-O-HAWAS (WHIMS AND DESIRES). One scholar said that this is not a disease but ummul amraz (the mother of all diseases).
A companion narrated that once the Prophet (S. A. W) was giving a sermon, when he preached that "save yourself from whims and desires for the earlier nations got destroyed because of this disease.

This same whims and desires called them towards niggardliness and made them misers.
This same whims and desires called them towards kata talaqq (seveing ties) and the family system destroyed.
This same whims and desires called them towards vicious acts and they became filthy. This is such a destructive disease that fasad (corruption) spreads through out the society and you can see this disease behind every single evil.

Today, Hirs-o-hawas (whims and desires ) is shahawat (love and passion) and the streets became filthy and the educational institutions became filthy.
Hirs-o-hawas (whims and desires) of money and wealth brought haram (forbidden) provision inside the houses, bribery and adulteration became common and there corruption everywhere.
Whims and desires increased in jaah (fame), masab (priorate), izzat (honor), ohada (official rank or position) and the value and dignity of humanity came to an end.

Who can be the best doctor of this Ummah other than the Prophet (S .A. W)? Who can make accurate prognosis of the diseases other than the Prophet (S. A. W)?
Now he (S. A. W) is saying to save one self from this disease and that the previous nations got destroyed by this.
Re: Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
It is said that the thief robs because of extreme poverty. This is a very foolish thought. The thief doesn't steal for poverty but because of the fact that he is deprived of contentment and patience and he is the patient of whims and desires. Did you ever see a thief who left robbing after he gathered some money? Did he leave his job thinking "oh now I have gathered money, so let me leave this job?" Those biggest thieves sitting in the form of corrupt people, are they really poor? They got afflicted with this dangerous disease of whims and desires.
That is why the Prophet (S. A. W) labelled this disease as something very destructive.

The Richness Of The Heart.

The Prophet (S. A. W) said, "indeed he who is successful is him who got the truth of Islam and got the daily provision through proper means and that Allah has granted him the contentment over his daily provision". He is content that Allah sub'ana wata alla has given him so much.

Hazrat Abu Dharr (r. a) said, the Prophet (S. A. W) told me something three times. He (S. A. W) said, "O Abu Dharr, do you think the one who has money is rich?" I said, "o Prophet, yes this is what we think" . He (S. A. W) then said, "Do you think the one who doesn't have money is poor?" I said, "O Prophet, yes this is what we think".
Abu Dharr says that the Prophet (S. A. W) said this to him three times. The Prophet (S. A. W) then said, "O Abu Dharr, the richness is to do with the heart and the poverty is to do with the heart" . Those who are having less money can be rich in the heart and those who have more money can be poor in the heart. The richness is to do with contentment of the heart that it got so much. If a poor person is fortunate to have this contentment, then his life will become more pleasurable than the kings and very delicious than the life of the kings. If this wealth of contentment goes away from either the rich or the poor, then he will never be peaceful. The fire of Hirs-o-Hawas (whims and desires) will keep burning him from inside.
Let Allah sub ana wata alla save us from this destructive disease of Hirs-o-Hawas (whims and desires) and grant us the wealth of contentment.

Wa aakhiru daawana alhamdullilahi rabbil aalami.

All praise to Allah sub ana wata alla. Let the peace, blessings be on our beloved unlettered Prophet, his family and his companions.
Let Allah make us remember Him excessively, to show Him gratitude and to worship Him alone in the most beautiful manner. Let Allah grant us tawfeeq to act on what we hear and preach. Let Allah grant us death eeman. Let Allah protect us and our houses from all sort of shameful acts and protect our children. Let Allah make us, our parents and our children obedient to Him. Let Allah protect us from all sort of fitna (trials) and disobedience of children. Let Allah protect us from every single destructive disease and protect us from the life of hospitals and protect us from dangers of Heavens and earth. Let Allah grant us halal provision by His mercy and save us from haram provision.

(1) (Reply)

Process/ Cost Of Attending Hajj / No Ruling On Traveling Abroad For Treatment? / Question On Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.