Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... (812 Views)

Chibok Girls..Politicians kidnapped Us to frustrate Jonathan / N400m Fraud: Metuh ‘cooked Up’ Allegations To Frustrate Trial —EFCC. / Fuel Scarcity: APC Senators Frustrate Move To Summon Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by horpe132(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
I've not been able to recieve or make calls on my Etisalat line for about a week,,,,i thought it was a network issue till yesterday when i called the "200 Customer Care"... It took me a week to call them because i am always busy & i use a fairly Ok MTN line.

I called 200 with my line and they refused to pick my call for abt 1:22hours until ended the call and called with my friend Etisalat line when a customer care agent picked after 20mins of waiting....
. Before the agent picked,, i heard one of their NEW advert which says :: "if you've not been able to make or recieve calls on your line it means your SIM registration wasn't complete that you need to re-register that line".....
When the agent eventually picked the call, i told him the issue i was having with my line and he asked for my Phone Number which i told him....
He said the issue with my line that made it impossible for me to make or recieve calls is due to the fact that i have an "INCOMPLETE SIM REGISTRATION" and that NCC gave them a directive to shut down any line with incomplete registration.............I was so furious that i almost cursed the agent,his family and Etasalat together.................I asked the agent how possible it was for me to have an incomplete sim registration which i did at their office after about 3-4 yrs ago..................The call agent sensing anger in my voice then said it was possible to have an incomplete registration if there was a Mistake or Virus when uploading the the Data to thier server...............i asked the guy how that was my fault..........he just kept saying thier sorry thier sorry.......That i need to go to thier office to re-register..........( i think the call agent is a JJC in that station to have given me the true info and not lie has they're trained to do )
Now the issue is,,,,how can ETISALAT shut down my line without sending me a message or calling me to (lie) explain that i need to re-register my sim before shuting down my line,,,,,,,,,, and i'm sure i'm not the only one in this situation.............This issue is thier mistake and i'm paying for it,,,,,,which way Nigeria ??
You can call 200 now to hear that silly advert on incomplete registration......
Imagine what i may have lost due to thier fo*lish act,,,,for a whole week no call in or out.......for what na ??........infact i'm gona sue thier ass!!!
Re: Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by Obijulius: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
Keep us updated.

But you for register sha.
Re: Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by vikyno(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sorry.
Re: Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by Abugab(m): 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
Just try to visit any of their experience centers.
I got a message on one of my two etisalat lines and I visited one of their experience centres to lay complain about the incomplete registration message knowing fully well that my lines are registered.
However, they did the needful and they captured my data again. The excuse was that it was a directive from ncc.
Re: Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by horpe132(m): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Abugab:
Just try to visit any of their experience centers.
I got a message on one of my two etisalat lines and I visited one of their experience centres to lay complain about the incomplete registration message knowing fully well that my lines are registered.
However, they did the needful and they captured my data again. The excuse was that it was a directive from ncc.
The issue is that i dont have the time to visit any of thier centres for now.......i've been too busy these past few days,,,,,but the issue is why must they shut-down my line without making sure i got thier call or message telling me to re-register my line ??.....
What if that line was my sole means of income ?...
Infact i'll first report to ishilove and seun for Nigerian to see........

1 Like

Re: Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by Realisticman: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
They blocked mine also on Saturday. But a text message was sent to me earlier on which I discarded because I just took it to be their usual nuisance. On Monday I went to an outlet to register it as instructed; on Tuesday I called their customer care service and they told me that the branch I registered it is not their accredited outlet. They gave me the address of their accredited outlet which again turned out to be an MTN outlet.
I went back to the former place I had registered and I registered again. On thursday I called the customer care again and they told me to be patient and that I should not call again since they have already sent my complaint to their technical unit. On friday I was able to make calls with the line.
I sense they lost the data of their customers through electronic attack.
The funny thing is that i was expecting a message through courier in which I used the phone number as a contact line.
If the line is important to you just go and register it. Do not border to sue them the problem is known by the NCC.

1 Like

Re: Help !!! Etisalat Wants To Frustrate Me... by horpe132(m): 12:28am On Aug 29, 2015
Teespice I sent you a mail via Nairaland, kindly acknowledge.

Tnx

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Daily Independent Employees Protest In Lagos, Embark On Strike / OAU, Best University In Nigeria Again, For The Fifth Time / What Ooni Oba Sijuwade Told Me About Buhari – Aina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.