Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Dead O'clock - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dead O'clock (1349 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dead O'clock by ghostwritter(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
This is a story of a successful man whose horror started one night due to a secret he himself never expected would come back to hunt him soo deadly after so many years.

Loading.....99%
Re: Dead O'clock by Uncleluke1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Frontrow tins on my mind.. Ghostwriter hwfa, hope u would finish this story, make e no go be lyk THE DAY I DIED. Tor
Re: Dead O'clock by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
present
Re: Dead O'clock by emarkson(m): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
Make I mark attendance but wait o , wat of d DAY THAT I DIED
Re: Dead O'clock by ghostwritter(m): 12:59am On Aug 16, 2015
Dead O’Clock

The sound of the thunder woke him up into the midnight, he stood up to go ease himself in the toilet. Sluggishly he walked towards the door leading to the toilet but suddenly he heard the sound of a running footsteps in his living-room, his heart skipped a beat due to fear, he summoned up courage and tip-toed towards where the sound was coming from, the closer he get, the louder the sound of running footsteps. He wondered who could be running in his living room in the middle of the night. Slowly he peeped through his transparent curtain which leds to his living-room but to his surprise, there was no one at sight and the sound of the running footsteps suddenly went halt. He checked every nock and cranny of his luxurious parlor to find the intruder but there was none. As he was still searching, he heard another sound coming from his bedroom which he just left, this time it was the sound of laughter, he heard someone laughing ridiculousely, he was sure there was no one in his apartment apart from himself. He rushed go get a table-knife and fearfully tip-toed towards his bedroom. Slowly, he opened the door and the sound of laughter suddenly stopped. He searched his room to find the person who was laughing but found nothing then all of a sudden; he heard the sound of someone crying in his kitchen, now he became more terrified and tensed as he slowly found his way towards his kitchen. With the knife in his hand, he nervously kicked open the door to the kitchen and the crying noise stopped. He walked into the kitchen to search for the person but found none. He wondered what was happening and felt so scared and insecure with only a small table knife for his defense. Someone knocked gently at his entrance door; he hesitated to saying a word for a while as he wondered who would come visit him at mid-night if no armed robbers but thought otherwise by asking whom it was.

“It is the post-man….and I have got a message for you” a man’s voice replied

The man with the table knife was convinced he is save, he moved closer towards the door and opened, to his relief he truly saw a neatly dressed young man in a uniform beaming with smiles

“Good day sir, Are you Mr. Ibrahim Oladipupo?” the post-man politely asked.

“Yes I am” the man with the table-knife affirmed.

“Sign here sir” the post man indicated to Mr. Ibrahim on a spot on a paper where he was to sign. Ibrahim was handed a letter and before he could thank the post-man, the post-man vanished into thin air. Ibrahim rushed in as he locked the door, he was scared to the bone, he surely have had enough of the terror for one night, he opened the letter to read it content and it simply read: “It is Dead O’Clock, it is Time”. As Ibrahim was still trying to figure out what the content of the letter means, he saw an unclothed young lady with bruises all over her skin slowly walking towards him, she looked horrific as blood gushed from an opening in her throat, her face swollen, her left leg broken and her virginal had deep bruises. Ibrahim couldn’t belief his eyes, he remembered the lady, he was filled with terror and covered with shame. He couldn’t run as he felt his legs stuck to the ground.

“You….you….what are you doing here, I thought I killed you?” Ibrahim screamed pointing to the lady

“You had my body, not my soul….now it is Dead O’Clock, it is Time!!” the lady said. Suddenly a great wind blew across the room, carrying Ibrahim off the ground and hit him vigorously to the ground.

Re: Dead O'clock by Uncleluke1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
Al dis knd story wey dey put fear 4 persn mind.... Kip the updates comin bro.
Re: Dead O'clock by ghostwritter(m): 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
“Linda No!!”…..Ibrahim screamed into reality, he couldn’t belief he just had a dream which is scarier than a scene in a very horrific movie. Ibrahim was sweating profusely even as the air-conditional was on, he could still feel his heart beating at a very fast pace, he felt the dream he heard was too real to be a dream, he felt the physical pain as a result of the wind that stuck him to the ground in his dream. He quickly looked around to be sure he was alone in the room and yes he was alone but he had a strange feeling someone was looking at him and that got him more scared and uncomfortable. He could feel an invisible force was present in his house but wasn’t sure. Slowly, he crawled off his bed in his pajamas, went into his living room, his kitchen, his other two rooms, searched around for any weird thing but found none. The night was cold and windy as the sky was already threatening to pour down rain due to the heavy thunder and lightning. Ibrahim was convinced it was only a nightmare due to stress but as he walked towards his room, he imagined the horrific scene of Linda’s appearance, he shivered in fear and disgust wondering how a lady he had murdered and buried years ago would suddenly appear in his dream. Ibrahim walked into his room relieved, he secured the lock to his room and turned to lay on his bed but was suddenly met with shock when sighted the image of a bruised unclothed body with whose face slowly raising up to meet his, Ibrahim was face-to-face with horror as he stood still and totally helpless. Ibrahim couldn’t find his voice as he made to scream and couldn’t find his feet as he made to move, a heavy wind blew carelessly into his room which caused a sudden power outage, the room went dark and Ibrahim was forced to rely on the illuminating effect of the thunder lightning in seeing the horror that had come visit. As the lighting occasionally strikes in the presence of darken room, Ibrahim saw the horrific figure slowly walking towards him with it bloody eyes fixed upon him. Ibrahim knew it was over, it was obvious Linda’s spirit was on the hunt for revenge.

The next morning, the compound was wet with the heavy rain that had poured the night before, Ali had knocked on his boss’s door that morning but got no response, he felt his ‘Oga’ must still be asleep so he left to come back an hour time but after more hours which led to the evening with his ‘Oga’ still sleep, he decided to force the door open and what he saw made him scream for help.
Re: Dead O'clock by Kitme(f): 12:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
I'm a lover of scary novels, this won't pass me by.
Make it super-scary....I'm waiting. wink
Re: Dead O'clock by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
Kitme:
I'm a lover of scary novels, this won't pass me by.
Make it super-scary....I'm waiting. wink
of course it must not. Make I sit beside you
Re: Dead O'clock by ghostwritter(m): 12:04am On Aug 25, 2015
NOTE: This write-up haven't been edited in any form, so beware of grammatical errors. (I get it typed using my nokia phone).

FEW YEARS BACK

Linda was a beautiful and ambitious young lady from the east who was determine to succeed in life, she had struggled to sponsor herself through school due to the poor financial state of her parents, she did all sought of odd jobs during her university days till she graduated second class upper in accounting, her happiness knew no bound when she was posted to the Federal Capital Territory for her one year youth mandatory service (NYSC). Immediately after her service year, she secured a banking job into a new generation bank as a marketer with her first monthly target of 3million naira.

“Where do they expect I get that sum of money from?” She asked her colleague Yemisi in disbelief.

“This is Abuja, 3million target shouldn’t be so difficult for you to bring in and besides, you have got all the features to make far more than your target” Yemisi said.

“What do you mean?... I don’t get you”

“Come let me tell you” Yemisi beckoned to Linda to come closer, she whispered something into her hearing which definitely took Linda by surprise as she screamed “God forbid, over my dead body!!!” Almost everyone in the bank arena was taken aback at such rude exclamation from Linda, she apologized and walked quick into the restroom where she was later joined by Yemisi who looked furious.

“What just happened out there, are you trying to expose me to the world, I thought I could give you a sisterly advice” Yemisi busted in anger.

“Sisterly advice indeed, how would you advice me to get involved in such an act?” Linda asked rithorically.

“Abeg wait o!, how do you intend to meet the target when you don’t have a wealthy family member or friends who would come deposit million at a time?” asked Yemisi in her satiric tone.

“Of course I will use my marketing skill to convince potential client in banking with us” Linda innocently said.

“And is that all?” Yemisi asked hoping to hear more of Linda’s marketing ideas.

“Yes!” Linda simply affirmed.

“Okay o, by d time u don use dat ur two legs waka Abuja without meeting your target, I’m sure the bank will be glad to show you it exit door and allow someone else in. How do you think other pretty ladies here got their promotion so fast with less hustle….sidon der, I pity you” she concluded and dashed out of the restroom leaving Linda in a reminisce state of mind.

Re: Dead O'clock by nimat158(f): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
HMMNM

(1) (Reply)

Information Technology Seo Contest 2011 / The Novella, Shores Of Despair By Nigerian Writer Merit Gogo-fyneface. / LOST - A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.