Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? (10474 Views)

Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / When You Cook With Tomato These Days (Funny Photo) / Nairalanders Your First Meal Of 2016??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by NotNairalandi(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
At 6
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by MzzTega(f): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
At the age of 9.

Cooked rice. Added the ingredients when the food was ready to be served. Forgot to add salt and maggi intially.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by khatea: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
8. I cooked beans, I remember I off d stove immediately I added oil and pepper thinking that's how its done
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Mznaett: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hmm! I think that was when I marked my 1st yeartongue undecided
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by rapfezy: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
I no sabi.i only sabi like PLATE
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
It was on the 28th of April. I was 7 years 4 months. My mum was at the hospital giving birth to my last baby. My dad was not around. My first meal was rice, then eba in the afternoon under the tutelage of our neighbor.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
I was 6 years old when I made my first meal.
Mum was always busy, same with dad & at such, I had to learn very quick..

It was rice & beans, though we had stew in the fridge. I cooked the beans & rice together grin. The rice was already soft with the beans still hard. We had to eat it like that oo grin grin..

@ 8years, I made my first stew.. It was a disaster.. The puree tomato still had that soured taste, coupled with, it was an 'ocean of salt' grin..

While everyone was complaining, I kept on consoling myself, 'It's not bad.. I tried.. The salt isn't much.'..

#Good old days...

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
in my house, you take over the kitchen from age 8 till your younger ones comes off age to take over. I started cooking from age 8 till I was 16. Mom takes care of dads meal while I cook for d rest of the family.. . Talk about now, I cook anything..

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Hawlahscho(m): 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
i started cooking at d age of [size=25pt]1 years[/size]old........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

I respect your "gbangaun" sad

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by sonnie10: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
I can't remember, but the Butterfly kerosine Standing Stove was too tall for me to stir the soup.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
thanks bro GOD BLESS U tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue HE DE PAIN U ABI
Hawlahscho:

I respect your "gbangaun" sad
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Rilwayne001: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
At 2 cool

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Goodnuel: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Loll..

I don't know if this will count but I started cooking when I know even know my age grin.

As kids, every Saturday, we prepare a general meal for all the kids around. Na wedding ceremony we d do like that o grin

Each kid or kids from a family would donate food stuffs for the event and guess who was the Chef??

Yours faithfully grin grin

We Wei very serious about it then that our parents d giv us support sometimes.

So na my own b that.

smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Hawlahscho(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
thanks bro GOD BLESS U HE DE PAIN U ABI

Amen.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Lasgidy1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
@ age 3, sand rice with derica cup
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by marischerry(f): 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
i was five(5), nd it was eba nd waterleaf soup. My mum made d eba. D soup was really nothing 2 write home about, but she tried shaa
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
At 14, I cooked the worst meal ever.
Egusi soup with very expensive fresh fish. (Very tight packaging that I watched everyone spit out d food n running for water. I followed them when I tasted it). I pitied d fish.

At 21, I got back to the kitchen

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
11years and the stew was so watery and tasted so bad. Too much ingredients.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by maureen546: 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
10yrs ooooh
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by cocolacec(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
6 years i made pap and Amala
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Missy89(f): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
beans 8 grin
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by akanoye15: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
October 9th 1994 my mom was in labor that day. I made Egusi soup for the family
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by kaziblake(f): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
11yrs when my parents got divorced
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Maximus85(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
Martins301:
I came home just now and my kid brothers were all smiles. The twins had this big grin grin on their faces. When I asked them why they were smiling, they told me they had both cooked our evening meal (Beans).

Ah! I thought they were joking but my doubts were cleared when they brought me a plate of the scentilating beans. Mehn! When I put one spoon inside my mouth, I momentarily forgot the pains of trekking around the city looking for one fairy-tale job.

This boys tried o. Its not easy to cook family food with such level of perfection. And they are just 11 years old! I know some girls at 21 years of age who would cook salt and add little beans and still be claiming best cook. INTROVERT I did not call your name o.

So at what age did you start cooking? Am not talking of boiling hot water and indomie o.

Sauce: Martins301

I WAS 5. Hard to blv but its true. i started writing at 3-4. i had a fast growth both physically and upstairs.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by yinkus204(m): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
onomeglo:
Me at 7,I cooked egusi soup,and my aunt rated the food 97\100
Oh boi see broad day lie @7 u don knw hw to cook egusi soup and u still claim say ur aunt rate am 97/100 dat mean say ur aunt dnt and will never no hw to cook.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by tunergy(m): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
Age 10, white rice for the family of 5
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by jonglexer: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
Martins301:
I came home just now and my kid brothers were all smiles. The twins had this big grin grin on their faces. When I asked them why they were smiling, they told me they had both cooked our evening meal (Beans).

Ah! I thought they were joking but my doubts were cleared when they brought me a plate of the scentilating beans. Mehn! When I put one spoon inside my mouth, I momentarily forgot the pains of trekking around the city looking for one fairy-tale job.

This boys tried o. Its not easy to cook family food with such level of perfection. And they are just 11 years old! I know some girls at 21 years of age who would cook salt and add little beans and still be claiming best cook. INTROVERT I did not call your name o.

So at what age did you start cooking? Am not talking of boiling hot water and indomie o.

Sauce: Martins301

cooked indomie when I was 3
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by yinkus204(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
akanoye15:
October 9th 1994 my mom was in labor that day. I made Egusi soup for the family
dnt u read d question dey said hw old ar u, nt to tell us hw ur mom gave birth to 99 pikin at once .

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by yinkus204(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
cocolacec:
6 years i made pap and Amala
see dis one which food b pap and amala.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by yinkus204(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
ebyjoyken:
11years and the stew was so watery and tasted so bad. Too much ingredients.
even till nw u sure say water and salt no dey plenty for ur food.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by piagetskinner(m): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
Started a bit late... @13...but now I'm a badoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook / Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria / What Is Or Should Be Nigeria's Official National Dish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.