Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,580 members, 7,823,518 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Cryopreservation -A Wierd Science For The Immortal Day Dreamers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cryopreservation -A Wierd Science For The Immortal Day Dreamers (930 Views)

20 Principles For Dreamers In 2016. (not For Everybody) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cryopreservation -A Wierd Science For The Immortal Day Dreamers by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics

I don't know exactly how many nairalanders have read or heard of this "weird science". It sounds more like myth than reality.

Ok let me get to the point. Living organism are composed of cells, from those with a single cell like (amoeba) to those with billions of cells, or maybe more (called multicellular organisms) - e.g you and I I guess . Cells have the ability to grow, reproduce and then die. Every cell needs energy to survive -water, carbohydrate etc. The human body is composed of numerous organs, which are in turn made up of cells[billions them]. Some of the human organs can regenerate/repair itself when injured or something similar -e.g liver. Just like cars, all organs wear down. But the sad thing is unlike cars they are irreplaceable or maybe not , with the advance in science and technology .

Death!, yea death, the mischievous twin brother of life -he strikes without warning or mercy. Let get scientifical, death in science is simply when a cell losses all its energy and stops reproducing, repairing itself and decomposes -in my own terms oooh. So did I just hear you say whatz next Ok, I guess death occurs in two forms or maybe. more? We have brain death (yea that is the real scientific death) and death grin (may be vegetative state or so...)

Scientifically, death is supposed to be reversible! -yes you read it right . If a cell could be renourished with nutrients shortly after t has died, it might have the opportunity to see the next day or more.But right now as I am learning to write this down grin, the science at hand is still unadvanced enough to revive an organism composed of of billions of cells.

So, science as it is, 'them oyinbos' deviced a method of preserving cells for theoritically infinite time period (I guess. years with infinite number of trailing zero's) . Scientist discovered that most cells hibernate when exposed to an extremely low temperature. In the low temperature condition, the rate of decomposition of dead cells is virtually equal to zero.

How Can We preserve A Cell At An Extremely Low Temperature For An Extended Period Of Time.

1) Buy the must efficient freezer and ship it over to Nigeria to be powered by electricity - I tell you, the fridge would be dead in no time.

2) Power the freezer with renewable energy like - solar, wind or geo-thermal energy. That's a great idea, but the maintenance cost is going to be so high. whatz next

Conclusion
Scientist discovered 'liquid nitrogen'. Cells can be preserved under liquid nitrogen for an extended period of time with minimum cost of maintenance. that's where cryopreservation now comes in. Cryopreservation is simply the preservation of a living or recently-dead cell, organ or a whole orgasm grin under an extremely cold temoerature in the hope of future revival[/I].

Humans want to live forever (I know of some brainwashed lunatic, that can end their lifes for a hand full of slothy virgins, grin don't you). Humans want to live till ... , but our body/organs wear down like crazy, then death comes and finishes us up. Hypothetically stated 'if a body that just went under pitious cloak of death could be immediately cryopreserved, there is chance of living again in a near future -[i]when technolgy is advanced enough to revive a dead cell/organism.

What do you think, would you like to be cryopreserved? would you like to live again when the time/technology is right? Or would you like to give back to mother earth what she willingly gave to you? Think twice, it's just two choices to choose from, not a much decision required!!!

I personally would like to be cryopreserved, and may be revived in the year 2002015 (2 million years from now) grin. when pmb, gej, wailing-wailers, seun, introvert etc are long forgotten. I will like to see what happens on the last day, when the sun turns red. when all the resources
Re: Cryopreservation -A Wierd Science For The Immortal Day Dreamers by graciousolo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Atleast complete your last paragraph before you die... lipsrsealed
Re: Cryopreservation -A Wierd Science For The Immortal Day Dreamers by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
graciousolo:
[s]Atleast complete your last paragraph before you die... [/s]lipsrsealed

shocked
Re: Cryopreservation -A Wierd Science For The Immortal Day Dreamers by stirlingteco: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
You may be right but is not going to work out. (Teco Limited) Stirling Cryogenics Plant - TECO Limited is one of the best and leading local providers of excellent engineering and technical services. With the support of Stirling, our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), we have been into engineering design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning of various cryogenics plants such as STIRLIN (Liquid Nitrogen System), STIRLOX (Medical Oxygen Liquefying System), STIRLNG (Liquefied Natural Gas System ), STIRLAIR (Air Liquefying System) and Cryo-generators for the past 35 years. Our satisfied customers are National Veterinary Research Institute (NVRI) Vom, Sebore Farms EPZ Yola, Centre for Energy Research & Training Zaria. Contact us today for your cryogenic plants such as Liquid Nitrogen Plant, Medical Liquid Oxygen Plant.

(1) (Reply)

Smallville10 Come And See / Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? / "Password" Trouble.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.