Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) (66252 Views)

Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / 3 Bedroom Flat With BQ Attached In Jabi, Abuja For Sale / Is Nike Lake Resort, Enugu The Most Beautiful Hotel In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 16, 2015
How it will look:

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja

Construction work

Retail revolution spreads as Actis, Duval begin construction on Jabi Lake Mall

Author: Chuka Uroko

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/11/retail-revolution-spreads-as-actis-duval-begin-construction-on-jabi-lake-mall/

An encouraging demographics and strong spending power, which drive retail revolution in Nigeria, have given rise to another shopping mall in the country, this time in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

Known as Jabi Lake Mall, deriving its name from its location at the waterfront of Jabi Lake, the new retail centre on which construction started just recently sits on about 48,000 square metres of land with a promise to deliver 30,000 square metres of lettable space.

The mall, touted as the largest in the country with an estimated construction cost of $100 million, is being developed as a joint venture project between Actis Nigeria and Duval Properties. An international private equity investment firm, Actis, is the foremost investor in retail centres in Nigeria and was the promoter of Ikeja City Mall and The Palms which it exited recently.

Duval Properties is an indigenous real estate investment and development firm owned by Hakeem and Myma Belo-Osagie, with Isabella Okagbue and Bello Garba as directors. It is the owner/developer of a substantial parcel of real estate on the south-western shore of Jabi Lake, Abuja.

Abuja is a strong market, says Actis, noting that the city has A and B level consumers which together with its 2.2 million people underpin its potential buying power.

“In Abuja, there are over 68,000 households with annual expenditure of over $150,000 per household which is quite fantastic. For a retailer and investor, this statistics is quite compelling and emboldening,” the company said.

According to Amanda Jean-Baptiste, director of real estate, Actis, the company is thrilled to reach this key milestone in delivering a unique shopping experience in Abuja, describing as “first rate” the assistance and cooperation of the local authorities which has allowed them to meet their delivery programme.

With Shoprite and Game, a Walmart subsidiary, already signed up as anchor tenants for 10,000 square metres of space, Jean-Baptiste says,

“We have been encouraged by the strong demand shown by retailers and restaurateurs, who, like us, see Jabi Lake Mall as a landmark destination in Nigeria.”

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by apcmustwin(f): 2:07am On Aug 16, 2015
Is it shoprite?

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 16, 2015
apcmustwin:
Is it shoprite?
No, it's a shopping mall.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by MosakuAW(m): 2:12am On Aug 16, 2015
apcmustwin:
Is it shoprite?
undecided Oga oooo!
Must every mall be shoprite

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by MosakuAW(m): 2:12am On Aug 16, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 16, 2015
MosakuAW:

undecided Oga oooo!

Must every mall be shoprite

LOL

5 Likes

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by kamair237(m): 3:13am On Aug 16, 2015
And dis will hit front page soon.....

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by missionmex(m): 3:15am On Aug 16, 2015
It looks beautiful

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by calebbintus: 3:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Hmmmm,
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by lmm4real: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2015
putting a mall in that location was a very bad idea, I think a high rise five star hotel would have been better. And maybe a beautiful high rise condominium apartment. Not a mall.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by kenedy175(m): 3:43am On Aug 16, 2015
This will be a Beauty.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Gboliwe: 3:44am On Aug 16, 2015
lmm4real:
putting a mall in that location was a very bad idea, I think a high rise five star hotel would have been better. And maybe a beautiful high rise condominium apartment. Not a mall.

Please tell us about the location and why you think having a mall there is wrong.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by GspotAngela(f): 4:22am On Aug 16, 2015
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by since1914(m): 5:50am On Aug 16, 2015
lmm4real:

Actually, the initial plan for that stretch of land was to develop series of waterfront leisure, residential and hospitality projects, but I don't know if that has changed. That piece of land was the subject of litigation some years back, hence I suspect that must have altered the course of things. See below a rendering of some of the proposed developments,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:05am On Aug 16, 2015
I always tot that building was a hotel, guess they had other plans

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by DeltahArmy(m): 6:11am On Aug 16, 2015
This is lovely..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Horlawoomey(m): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2015
Nice development on the water front.

Civil Engineers shaping the world since 1900 BC, proud to be one.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by tpiander: 6:15am On Aug 16, 2015
since1914:

Actually, the initial plan for that stretch of land was to develop series of waterfront leisure, residential and hospitality projects, but I don't know if that has changed. That piece of land was the subject of litigation some years back, hence I suspect that must have altered the course of things. See below a rendering of some of the proposed developments,

would have looked nice.

didn't know Abuja had waterfronts like that.

river niger?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by handie(m): 6:17am On Aug 16, 2015
It's too beautiful. The cost of items is always proportional to the beauty of the mall... Take ur girlfriend here for shopping @ ur own risk. BTW, e no get wetin dey here Wey I no fit get for less ostentatious malls @ less cost
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by natas22: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2015
Its so cool I wonder the cost if you want to rent
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by izuch(m): 6:27am On Aug 16, 2015
Abuja the beautiful city. Very soon it'll become near impossible to save a dime if you live in abj.

Make me sef quickly call out someone...
Dear future wife...where r u oooo, am tired of waiting for you. I hereby issue u an ultimatum of 6 months starting today, the 16th of august 2015, afterwards, i wont be held liable for marrying the next available babe...*side eyes

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 16, 2015
tpiander:

would have looked nice.

didn't know Abuja had waterfronts like that.

river niger?

It's an artificial (man-made) lake

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by pontirock(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2015
Nice piece of work
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by DaGC(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2015
The rendering is beautiful. Will try and go there on my next Abj trip when its completed.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Olucheye(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 16, 2015
It's way more beautiful than the malls we have in America.
Only the sizes differs, The capacity of a single mall & it's parking lot in America is 4 times the size of the National stadium Abuja.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by ogunwalea(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2015
The most beautiful even before its completion........
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by valdes00(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2015
handie:
It's too beautiful. The cost of items is always proportional to the beauty of the mall... Take ur girlfriend here for shopping @ ur own risk. BTW, e no get wetin dey here Wey I no fit get for less ostentatious malls @ less cost
Dat mogbe moment wen u broke n u want to surprise Bae, u cum up wit an excuse jus to giv urself hope.....
Bros no b u I dey refer to oo

kamair237:
And dis will hit front page soon.....
What were u expecting...... back page of daily times?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 16, 2015
Egbami.....for naija? BT dem go dey sell okirika for there?
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by STARSHYNE(f): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Its Beautiful cool

2 Likes

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by phrezzz: 7:14am On Aug 16, 2015
GEJ!!

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by canalily(m): 7:15am On Aug 16, 2015
Who built this? Is GEJ OR GMBundecided

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kitchen Built Inside Toilet In A Self-Contained Apartment In Ibadan (Photos) / Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.