Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) (5767 Views)

John Odigie Oyegun's 78th Birthday Celebration At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja (Photos) / Pictures Of Ikote Ekpene Road Aba, Another FG Road Governo Ikpeazu Is Rebuilding / Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 16, 2015
Four Points By Sheraton, Ikot Ekpene

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 16, 2015
Y'know, there was a time when the mere thought of having a facility of this standard in a place like Ikot Ekpene, would have led to doubts over one's sanity. Today it's a different story. Facilities like this are springing up all over the place. Nigeria is moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by docadams: 5:02am On Aug 16, 2015
I hope it is a privately owned venture as the name suggests, otherwise, trust politicians to run it down.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Y'know, there was a time when the mere thought of having a facility of this standard in a place like Ikot Ekpene, would have led to doubts over one's sanity. Today it's a different story. Facilities like this are springing up all over the place. Nigeria is moving forward.
Wonderful. Ikot Ekpene Ayaya oh. Akwa Ibom Isongo. Thank God for Akpabio!
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by tpiander: 5:14am On Aug 16, 2015
looks nice.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by kuuljay(m): 5:31am On Aug 16, 2015
nice one naija shall rise again!!!
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Applaner: 5:59am On Aug 16, 2015
ikot Ekpene

head quarter of

Itai state .

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by sluvy4tune(m): 6:00am On Aug 16, 2015
I still do believe this funds should have been channelled into other most needed projects for Ikot-Ikpene

What's the need of having this hotel without patronage ? Or abi its for beatification or abi na hotel for the future

Raffia city is about 45mins away from Uyo, About 120mins away from the airport, Most major Oil staff in the state either has a lodge or reside close to their work stations (eket etc)

so having a hotel of this magnitutde in Ikot Ikpene has no impact on the masses without Jobs.

Note: As at my last check, the photo posted by the Op was taken as at when built/Commission, Someone shared some photos on facebook few days ago of how Weed is taking over some part of the hotel

4 Likes

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Mynd44: 6:18am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:
I still do believe this funds should have been channelled into other most needed projects for Ikot-Ikpene

What's the need of having this hotel without patronage ? Or abi its for beatification or abi na hotel for the future

Raffia city is about 45mins away from Uyo, About 120mins away from the airport, Most major Oil staff in the state either has a lodge or reside close to their work stations (eket etc)

so having a hotel of this magnitutde in Ikot Ikpene has no impact on the masses without Jobs.

Note: As at my last check, the photo posted by the Op was taken as at when built/Commission, Someone shared some photos on facebook few days ago of how Weed is taking over some part of the hotel
Unless I miss my guess, this does not belong to the government so how do you intend to tell private investors how to spend their money?

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by tpiander: 6:20am On Aug 16, 2015
it can be used for sporting events, etc I guess.

or tourism.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Horlawoomey(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2015
Akwa Ibom is one if the state I will like to Visit in the south south.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by sluvy4tune(m): 6:56am On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Unless I miss my guess, this does not belong to the government so how do you intend to tell private investors how to spend their money?

The government has a major stake in this
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Why are you people from the Ewedu area so always bitter about good things you see in other regions?

Enemies of progress. The people are not complaining so why cry more than the berieved?

Ewedu zone will be empty soon.

4 Likes

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by natas22: 7:02am On Aug 16, 2015
Omg so cooool
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Mynd44: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:

The government cannot own a major stake in it. The government has a stake. Not major.

The most the state can do is provide free land and this will be converted to a certain percentage in the hotel but that is not enough to control what goes on.

Besides this was not built with government funds so you can't ask private investors to do government work. I am assuming a lot of locals have been employed during construction (and they will learn a thing or two while that goes on) locals will be employed in the hotels not to mention that this hotel itself will boost the economy of the local area in some ways.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by bolaino(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Four Points By Sheraton, Ikot Ekpene

I have only One word for this. "WOW"
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Mynd44: 7:08am On Aug 16, 2015
emmydeep:

Why are you people from the Ewedu area so always bitter about good things you see in other regions?

Enemies of progress. The people are not complaining so why cry more than the berieved?

Ewedu zone will be empty soon.
Stop your tribal bashing, it is quite silly.

If what he/she wrote about it being abandoned is true then it is unfortunate. It does not matter if he is from there or not
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Situation001(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2015
I saw it.. Tho never entered..

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:13am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:
I still do believe this funds should have been channelled into other most needed projects for Ikot-Ikpene Osun

What's the need of having this hotel without patronage world's tallest drum with nobody tall enough to play it ? Or abi its for beatification or abi na hotel for the future drum for the future giants of Osun

[s]Raffia city is about 45mins away from Uyo, About 120mins away from the airport, Most major Oil staff in the state either has a lodge or reside close to their work stations (eket etc)[/s]

so having a hotel drum of this magnitutde in Ikot Ikpene osogbo has no impact on the masses without Jobs.

Note: As at my last check, [s]the photo posted by the Op was taken as at [/s] drum when built/Commission, Someone shared some photos on facebook few days ago of how Weed is taking over some part of the hotel drum

[img]http://1.bp..com/-IK_Ol7aGLLY/Utkd1CL321I/AAAAAAAAAVk/v7u-vxJcNzQ/s1600/facebook-20140117-130332.png[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:

How much stake does Osun state have in this project below?

5 Likes

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:20am On Aug 16, 2015
GBTYO:

[size=18pt]What Aregberascal Borrowed And Spent Osun's Future On[/size]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-IK_Ol7aGLLY/Utkd1CL321I/AAAAAAAAAVk/v7u-vxJcNzQ/s1600/facebook-20140117-130332.png[/img]

The Odenni himself, Rauf AregbeRascal embarked on the great project of commissioning a state built drum.

The drum did put Osun in the Guinness Books as the state with the tallest drum.

The only thing left is to find a drummer tall enough to play it.

The drum was constructed and commisioned from proceeds of Niger Delta oyel offcourse!

5 Likes

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by chinology: 7:21am On Aug 16, 2015
Akwaibom is the best thing to happen to Nigeria in the 21st century- Ikemba

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:21am On Aug 16, 2015
GBTYO:
shoprite osogbo

not a goverment project but a privatrely owned franchise owned by the field marshal agbereo frog master, eBola Thiefnibu.

Shopprite stands as the singular private venture that Rauf has successfully wooed to Osun.

Odenni was able to do this by demolishing and relocating a govt secondary school to accomodate shopprite which did not pay a dime for the land.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:21am On Aug 16, 2015
GBTYO:

Govt school uniforms that went to Aregbe's wife and was later resold at a profit to students

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2015
GBTYO:
FAIL Construction projects

AregeRascal served 8yrs as commisioner of Works under Ebola B.A.T's administration as Lagos governor.

One of many quack projects embarked by Odenni himself as commisioner of works is the so called dualization of Opebi-Allen and Ogba Rds. These projects confirmed that aregberascal can never be a trained engineer as he used to claim until Omisore exposed the part time babalawo as a mere apprentice refrigerator repair man. Aregbe has since dropped the tittle Engineer after COREN wrote him officially to stop disgracing their profession.

But that hasn't stopped Rauf from undertaking construction projects on his own in Osun where he currently enjoys immunity to do silly stuffs.

The image above is another aregbe FAIL project of a school building that was schelduled to be commisioned a day before it's collapse.

Aregbe blamed PDP as usual for the collapsed building.

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by LeOstrich: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2015
GBTYO:
Voter's incentive packages such as Aregbe Irisi, Aregbe odorless fufu and Aregbe miserly recharge cards.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2250640_1601353osun4jpeg790b4353496687781c0d3811334c72d8_jpegfec31bcd2dff1a3fc6749c5c155bb3e4

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by herald9: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Kudos to Akpabio.

But this edifice is just for beautification and nothing more. Akpabio should've concentrated on structures that will improve our standard of living, not taking from it. I can't believe the ultramodern hospital he's been busy advertising is still in shambles and he singlehandedly closed down our plaza in Uyo in the name of renovating, now the place is a shadow of what it used to be compared to the one at Ikot Ekpene.

The man wasn't loyal at all.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by sluvy4tune(m): 7:47am On Aug 16, 2015
LeOstrich:

How much stake does Osun state have in this project below?

What concerns me with the tallest drum in osun state ?

I am a rivers man, I reside and do biz in akwa ibom state, Nigeria as a nation is my number 1 interest, but when it comes to state issue, Rivers and Akwa Ibom comes first for now.

We should be objective my brother
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by sluvy4tune(m): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

The government cannot own a major stake in it. The government has a stake. Not major.

The most the state can do is provide free land and this will be converted to a certain percentage in the hotel but that is not enough to control what goes on.

Besides this was not built with government funds so you can't ask private investors to do government work. I am assuming a lot of locals have been employed during construction (and they will learn a thing or two while that goes on) locals will be employed in the hotels not to mention that this hotel itself will boost the economy of the local area in some ways.

While agree with you on some areas sir, if what the government provided was land plus other benefit as you stated, I think the government was biased in this decision,

Like I said except this hotel Is built to be used later in the future is still a wasteful venture both to the Private investors and the government.

Why was Tropicana not built in ikot ikpene ?

Why was Lemeridien not situated in Ikot Ikpene ?

So some locals where employed during the construction process, after then what next ? If this private business is not generating sufficient revenue for itself (which comes as a result of patronage) how do they remit tax, pay staff and other benefit to the state government?

No offence pls

An Average Akwa Ibomite is either a civil servant, keke driver, PA to the PA of Another PA, basically there is no job, who then will now patronise this Four Point Hotel situated In Ikot Ikpene ?

As a visitor will you drive over 120mins to Ikot Ikpene for a hotel when you have better options in the state capital ?

Or is it the Igbo Traders in ikot ikpene that will patronise this hotel ?

This is a hotel business my brother, and their key product is Providing Accommodation, if this is not achieved then they are not in business.

1 Like

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Mynd44: 8:10am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:

While agree with you on some areas sir, if what the government provided was land plus other benefit as you stated, I think the government was biased in this decision,

Like I said except this hotel Is built to be used later in the future is still a wasteful venture both to the Private investors and the government.

Why was Tropicana not built in ikot ikpene ?

Why was Lemeridien not situated in Ikot Ikpene ?

So some locals where employed during the construction process, after then what next ? If this private business is not generating sufficient revenue for itself (which comes as a result of patronage) how do they remit tax, pay staff and other benefit to the state government?

No offence pls

An Average Akwa Ibomite is either a civil servant, keke driver, PA to the PA of Another PA, basically there is no job, who then will now patronise this Four Point Hotel situated In Ikot Ikpene ?

As a visitor will you drive over 120mins to Ikot Ikpene for a hotel when you have better options in the state capital ?

Or is it the Igbo Traders in ikot ikpene that will patronise this hotel ?

This is a hotel business my brother, and their key product is Providing Accommodation, if this is not achieved then they are not in business.
I totally understand your point but from economics, the first objective of starting a business or investing money is so you can make (more) money.

Now imagine Sheraton say they want to build another hotel in Nigeria and the SS region. The Akwa Ibom state Government wants to attract investment so it finds ways to make sure the hotel comes to their state by offering them some incentives which includes free land, tax holidays etc. It is the job of the investor(s) to then decide on the location they want it and from all evidence, they like where this one is.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by tpiander: 8:15am On Aug 16, 2015
emmydeep:

My zone will be empty soon.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by pazienza(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2015
Akwa-Ibom the pride of Nigeria, the beautiful bride, the land of possibilities.

The fastest growing state in the entire country, nothing can describe the transformation taking place in Akwa-ibom.

Akwa-ibom Ayaya!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Igbo Is Most Foolish Tribe In The World – Uwazuruike / IPOB: Operation Show Your Näked Wife PICS, VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.