Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants (24585 Views)

ICPC Seizes 62 Houses From One Female Officer / Anti-corruption War Begins • ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants / Doyin Okupe Carting Away His Property From Asokoro, Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by jantavanta(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
Realdeals:
Good, nobody should said this is vindictive

Exactly. Nobody should cry witchunted. It has to start from somebody.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by kuuljay(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
good we shall get there

meanwhile

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by InvertedHammer: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
ND people will come online threatening fire and war on the Fed. Govt not knowing that it is their people that are short-changing them.

3 people alone cornered most of the money earmarked for ND development. Where are the ND militants now? Suddenly, they have all gone deaf and dumb.

\

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by eby4uzo(m): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
With the recent political turmoil in Abia state between PDP and APGA, some of the civil servant in the state especially in Isiala Ngwa North L.G.A.were not paid April and May salary because they supported the opposition party (APGA) in the just concluded governorship election in the state. What a shame in our political structure.
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Ayatullah(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
natas22:
I know icpc is doing a good job but to me they are busy with pawns/small fish when.they start with former governors/ex presidents then you let me know for now they are just busy playing with crayfish while sharks are roaming freely

BUT can you just imagine what your pawns/small fish has embezzled?.........There is sense starting somewhere. When the time comes for the sharks to be harpooned you will read about it here on Nairaland. You are equally advised to submit hard facts to ICPC and EFCC if you have them concerning the sharks, even the crayfish.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by persius555(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hmm...a certain barcanista will not be seen commenting on threads like this. There are too many facts and figures that will rope him in. Shame to the detractors of a better nigeria. Nigeria will be great again.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
olajide8:

Receive sense- IJN

What is your relationship with they names mentioned on my attributes?
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by ollyruffy: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Very good. Stealing is now corruption. Every thief in the system must pay.

Let the wind of change continue to blow through every corner of this country. It is only a thief that will be afraid of this type of change or talk against it

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Otunbatrafford: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Whoever is standing and serving as a cog in the wheel of Buhari government's efforts to recover the stolen money, may God remove that person or group of people.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by 989900: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
#stealingiscorruption
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
sukkot:
when your mama grows tall

Are you angry because you don't have reasonable parents?

Oops!!!!!!!
Buhari's cow shall brutalise your remaining miserable,useless breathing organs of your olfactroy nerves.
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Ghandi12: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
989900:
#stealingiscorruption

and

#probeisinvestigation
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by 989900: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
For transparency sakes, there should be a special account setup for these recoveries, and a website displaying valuable recoveries and amount of cash and properties recovered, and utilization.

This way we can adequately shame 'naysayers' aka w.wailers.

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by omojeesu(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
The major corrupt groups are Public Servants, Civil Servants and their fronts especially at the Federal level.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by crystalclinton: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Good evening everybody, here is our won ticket of yesterday's fixed matches, congratulations to all my subscribers that won with me and to those who also won my games for the first time, you can now proudly say that fixed matches exist because you have benefited from it. My next games are ready with an odd of 958 and 50 odds. For those who want to be part of my next games should call me now on 09036540701. Fixed matches won't last forever, let make good use of this opportunity being offered to us now.
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thank God dat clueless abobaku lost d election ooooo. So this wud av continued hmmmmmm. Badluck govt of jolatern has ruined Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by PassingShot(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
ND people will come online threatening fire and war on the Fed. Govt not knowing that it is their people that are short-changing them.

3 people alone cornered most of the money earmarked for ND development. Where are the ND militants now? Suddenly, they have all gone deaf and dumb.

\
You mean[s] barcanista, Whynotthetruth, dearpreye, mogidi, mizmycoli[/s] and other wailers?

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
PassingShot:

You mean[s] barcanista, Whynottheruth, dearpreye, mogidi, mizmycoli[/s] and other wailers?

1)I rather be a wailer for good governance than a hypocrite, bigot & liar like you Passingshot...

2)Most of the people you mentioned here know that charity begins at home and have threads to their credit encouraging good governance and corruption fight in their homes ( states of origin)...While a bigot and hypocrite like you have NONE...

3)People you listed here came from states with sustainable means of revenue unlike your state Oyo who has NO MEANS of revenue outside federal allocation notwithstanding their neck breaking debt burden presently...

4)People you listed have their governors supportive of FOI & transparency in government activities and governance unlike Oyo your state that openly fought FOI & transparency in governance...

5)People you listed here come from more progressive states than your "retrogressive" Oyo with its intimidating debt burden, ancient city, unsustainable economy & infrastructure deficit...

You need to pity your soul boy undecided

signed; PROUD WAILER & 5% wink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by guttentag(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Should somebody should please advise Buhari to probe all FIRS workers, those criminals deserve no mercy, we should hold them accountable for all the corrupt practices carried out in Nigeria
I have an uncle that stole millions from the government, I wish I can report him directly to Buhari

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by M4gunners: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
If dem seize am finish, make dem show us wetin dem go do with it oh . Not to seize am another person carri chop.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by stankezzy: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
one funny tin to dis corruption issues is dat northerners dat carried nigerian money in billions of dollers nobody is reporting or aresting dem . a northerner owns an oil well in another persons state dat brings in up to 2b naira every wk yet people are looking for corrupt individuals.
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by PassingShot(m): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

1)I rather be a wailer for good governance than a hypocrite, bigot & liar like you Passingshot...

2)Most of the people you mentioned here know that charity begins at home and have threads to their credit encouraging good governance and corruption fight in their homes ( states of origin)...While a bigot and hypocrite like you have NONE...

3)People you listed here came from states with sustainable means of revenue unlike your state Oyo who has NO MEANS of revenue outside federal allocation notwithstanding their neck breaking debt burden presently...

4)People you listed have their governors supportive of FOI & transparency in government activities and governance unlike Oyo your state that openly fought FOI & transparency in governance...

5)People you listed here come from more progressive states than your "retrogressive" Oyo with its intimidating debt burden, ancient city, unsustainable economy & infrastructure deficit...

[/s]
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Rendition(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

The net to catch crayfish is different to the net to catch a shark now. In fact the tugboat , the personnel and technology you use are different. The sharks will fight back ruthlessly hence you must be strong and ready to catch it, while preparing for the sharks you can be warming up with the crayfish nau. No be so?
well said brother
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Rendition(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
sukkot:
watch the E-igbo-warriors come and cry foul about this good news. they can only thrive under corruption so they frown on anti-corruption. barcanisdevil and chukwudisatan44 and the rest
buhahahahaha lmfao

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by akeenalee(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

The net to catch crayfish is different to the net to catch a shark now. In fact the tugboat , the personnel and technology you use are different. The sharks will fight back ruthlessly hence you must be strong and ready to catch it, while preparing for the sharks you can be warming up with the crayfish nau. No be so?

Thumbs up bro u make so much sense.
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Israel5(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
I wish i can stil h8 Buhari. Too bad My wishes nevr cme true
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1000 likes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
stankezzy:
one funny tin to dis corruption issues is dat northerners dat carried nigerian money in billions of dollers nobody is reporting or aresting dem . a northerner owns an oil well in another persons state dat brings in up to 2b naira every wk yet people are looking for corrupt individuals.

The Northerners are the biggest thieves we have in Nigeria! And that's why people like me is no longer ready to support the public denigration of one of mine any more.

I used to fall for that scam. Not any more.
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
MightyD:
Nice move. But

When will OBJ,TINUBU,FASHOLA,AMAECHI etc can be probe?

Grudges and intimidation is smelling***

If anybody be in the APC, he's a new creatures. Old things have passed away; behold all things are become new!

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by PassingShot(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
dearpreye:

1000 likes.
Yimu. What about 100000000000000000000000000000000000 likes?

Bunch of sore losers and bigots!
cheesy angry cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by lastpage: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bluetooth2:
There's nothing unconstitutional in recovering money and properties people acquired but can't account for. These people deprived millions of Nigerians the dividend of democracy and I wonder why any sensible person(s) could even pity them or condemn any process put in place to recover the stolen money and, bring these unfortunate thievies and their accomplices to justice.

We tend to have sympathy for corrupt officials whenever they are caught either due to tribal leanings, religious affiliations, our own tendency to act in their manner when we get to such position or utter stupidity but no one remember the millions of Nigerians that continue to be regarded as poor because they live on less than $2 per day, millions who have lost their lives in the hands of Boko Haram including soldiers due to the diversion of money meant for purchase of arms, ammunitions and other things needed to fight the war, no one remember the reason why education in Nigeria is crap; why the hospitals are like an awaiting mortuary because the ministers kept diverting funds meant for development; why there are millions of youths without jobs yet we feel and tend to abuse or criticize the way someone leading the country on how to go about setting things right.

What part of the constitution says a civil servant should steal money and own 18 properties ? What part of the constitution says a minister who declared less than 10 million naira after his appointment should worth over 1 billion dollars on completion of his tenure ? If the ministers didn't follow due process that come with the discharge of their responsibilities ; why should they need any due process when they are asked to account for their stewardship ?

It's time we left the path of pitiness of known corrupt officials and do whatever it takes to bring them to justice so that it will serve as deterrent to would-be ministers and also an indication that it's no longer business as usual in Nigeria.

On this premise, I say no to Abdul salam, Bishop Kukah and whosoever have sympathy for corrupt politicians.

Auditor general:
On Wednesday, the Auditor-General of the Federation, Mr. Samuel Ukura, had recommended the recovery of about N183bn being funds meant for the development of Niger Delta but which was allegedly diverted for other purposes.

Ukura, who stated this in three special audit reports to the Clerk of the National Assembly, Mr. Salisu Maikasuwa, explained that the amount was discovered in the periodic checks carried out by his office on the activities and programmes of the Niger Delta Development Commission between 2008 and 2012.

According to him, N70.4bn was paid as mobilisation to various contractors who never reported to site, while N90.4bn was the extra-budgetary expenditure for heads and sub-heads without approval by the legal authorities.

He also said N10bn was tax deductions without evidence of remittance to the Federal Inland Revenue Service; N5.8bn was payment to contractors for projects not executed, stalled or abandoned, while N1.2bn was undeducted taxes from contractors.

Ukura added that N3.1bn was transfer made to unauthorised accounts; N1.7bn was staff outstanding staff advances which were never accounted for and N785m out of N1.1bn meant for the supply of furniture to various schools in Delta State was diverted.

He explained that the funds for the furniture supply was certified paid whereas inspection carried out by the Auditor-General’s office revealed that no single chair was distributed during the period under review

All these under a President who is from the South-South?
If Jonathan cannot protect money meant for the development of his region from being embezzled, how then should other Presidents treat the region?

This is the height of Corruption in Jonathan's Govt and thus the need to urgently probe that Government.

On this, l think Abdusalami, Sarduana of Sokoto, Primate of Abuja Onaiyeju and Father Mathew Kukah bleep seriously!

PMB must know that Nigerians are SOLIDLY behind him in probing the last administration's officials.

Lastpage!
Re: ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants by likila: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

\

your mumu no get part two.
are these nif=ger delta peoples names? - Poloma Kabiru Nuhu, Mangset Longyl Dickson and Daniel Obah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Boss Magu Blasts Lawyers Defending Looters / Speakership: Court Orders Substituted Service On Gbajabiamila Over US Fraud / Wike Shows Off His Dance Moves While Commissioning Projects In Rivers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.