Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi (1524 Views)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" / Senate Rule Forgery: Buhari Won’t Stop Trial Of Suspects – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 16, 2015
Sunday August 16th, 2015

Senate Rule forgery is figment of the imagination of APC leaders – Senator Nwaoboshi
on august 16, 2015 at 1:18 am
BY HENRY UMORU
Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, a lawyer,  was the political adviser to former Delta State Governor  James Ibori and the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state. He currently represents Delta North in the Senate.

Peter Nwaoboshi
In this interview, he speaks on how Senator Bukola Saraki emerged as Senate President and the alleged forged 2015 Ruling of the parliament, among other issues.
How are you settling down as a senator especially as you are coming from the other side of the divide?
I have a mission. When I was asking my people to vote for me, I believed I was sufficiently equipped to represent them at the Senate having served at various levels in the executive arm of government and party hierarchy. I was a member of Unity Party of Nigeria, Awolowo group, where I was the state youth leader. I formed the UPN youth wing in Bendel State. I was the political secretary to Prof Ambrose Ali, the then governor of Bendel State. I was the first  secretary of the PDP in Delta State.
Later I became the political adviser to Governor Ibori and then  his commissioner for agriculture, and, as time went on, his commissioner for special duties in charge of Abuja. So I have been both in the executive and in the party hierarchy ,   but I have never been in the legislature. So,  basically, this is my first time.
I  have a mission for my people and  I am able to cope because of my legal background. As a lawyer of  over 25years standing and also a student of history, I have been in active politics for over 35years. So the Senate is a very familiar terrain for me.

Did you envisage the turbulence in the Senate prior to your coming here?
Any politician who says he did not expect what happened on the 9th of June  is not worth   his onion.  In a situation where the two parties are almost equal and you see  more than one contestant  coming from a political party, you would expect  certain things to happen.
First, you call us opposition party, and I keep on saying the APC mismanaged the issue. You are telling an opposition party, ‘this is where I am going’, you want the opposition party to join you? It is a simple logic. You saw two people  contesting and you say, ‘okay I am supporting this,’ and you call  the other person the  opposition, what do you expect the opposition to do? You call us opposition party; so, ordinarily,   what you should expect is that the opposition party would go to the other side and vote.  But for some of us who believe in  integrity and also in order to keep our names,   the PDP would have taken the Senate President and the Deputy Senate President on that day and nothing would have happened.
How?
We had 49 Senators at the inauguration, they had about 20; the quorum is one third, the Constitution  is very clear on that. What is the quorum? Go and read the Constitution. Forget about Senate Rule, which is not the ground norm. The Constitution is the ground norm; we had formed the quorum and by the quorum which we had formed which is one third, and the Constitution says any law, that is inconsistent with any provision of the Constitution, shall, to the extent of its inconsistency, be declared null and void, we could have taken the Senate President.
There was already a quorum, there was already a proclamation by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as provided for by the Constitution and the proclamation did not just proclaim the National Assembly, it said by 10am, it was timed. The President did not withdraw the proclamation. And so, if we had decided to vote that day, we  would have got the Senate President, we would have also got the Deputy Senate President and there is nothing you can do because, to remove them, you need two third.
And all we needed to do was sit down, share everything in the Senate among the 49 of us and then come to the Senate thereafter and wait for you to do whatever you want to do; and the truth is that you cannot do anything. By now, APC would not be talking, they would not be making all the noise they are making. I know many of my friends who are now regretting that we could have done it. We had the opportunity, but we said ‘just take’ and  instead of them thanking us, somebody is saying ‘they forged the Senate Rule’. What is forgery? Where is the original document? You must have an original document to forge another.
I just read some lawyers talking. I don’t know where they read their law. Where is the original document of the Senate Rule 2015 that was forged? If you started a bill today in the 7th Senate   and you cannot  complete it before the expiration of the Assembly, you will start  denovo. Everything in the 7th  Senate  is gone, we start denovo; which means we can now regulate our proceedings by the virtue of Section 60  to start that bill the way we want to pass it. You are talking about forgery. Where is the original document that was forged? You are talking about  two thousand and something rule, of what Assembly?   I have asked people about the  original that was forged. Where is the 2015 Rule that was forged? You must have an original document. If you say my certificate was forged, it means I have a certificate, but you now forged it. I was asking my friend, Senator Marafa, he said there is no rule, but you are in court to squash a rule. If there is no rule, why did you go to court? What is your prayer in court?
There was an issue raised by one of the senators, that there was an error in the 2015 Senate Rule, but that when they discovered it, they went and produced another one correcting that error.

When the PDP was in the majority in the National Assembly, we heard about party supremacy which was observed in breach and sometimes followed to the letter. Now APC is insisting on the the supremacy of the party and PDP is somehow thwarting that.
What is the supremacy of the party? Let me know, which of them? For instance, before the election, there was a straw election through which some people emerged. The  party showed through its body language and even through voting that this is where they were going. Was it not normal in the red chamber for everybody at least to toe that line to show that actually the party in the majority should have its way? Have you ever seen throughout the 16 years of PDP where PDP presented two candidates for an election? It boils down to carelessness and lack of administrative acumen on the part of the APC.
Let me give you an example; when Tambuwal was elected  against what the PDP wanted, did you hear us make noise? We kept quiet, we planned around him. He was romancing with the opposition elements, but  we had around him people who were checking him, and so he was cautious. He knew we were in the majority, he never defected until  days to the election.
When Evans Enwerem   emerged as the Senate President as against the popular wish of the senators for Chuba Okadigbo, we didn’t just start shouting for Nigerians to know that we were shouting, senators worked around and removed Enwerem. In Ibori’s administration, the late Senator Pius Ewherido, in 199I, was the state PDP secretary. We wanted one Megbiro to be the Speaker and we got to the floor of the House. The opposition, led by Ewherido, manouvred and  got their man elected.  After the first one, the second one, they impeached our own Speaker.  He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.
As political adviser, I  knew what to do. I organized our people and, within one month, we overthrew their Speaker in a democratic form. Even Ewherido, by 2  in the morning, I showed him the signatures and I asked, ‘ Are you joining us’? He had to sign. After we got  two thirds, we then sent for the Deputy Speaker to come and meet us in the VIP Guest House and he came and I showed him. The governor was sitting and I said ‘these are the signatories, are you ready to join us or we impeach you tomorrow as the Deputy Speaker?’  He joined us.
By making noise, APC is  only toughening us and supporters of  Senate President Saraki and also making people to think that there must be something behind their  wanting to have the Senate presidency at all costs; there is something really that eyes are not seeing. You want us to be put in your pocket? Nobody will allow it at this age. Where I am going  is nearer than where I am coming from; 58 plus and you want somebody to dictate from his parlour to me?

Is the cash crunch   the nation is experiencing not affecting the National Assembly?
The National Assembly is on the firstline charge. There is nobody that can strangulate the National Assembly; rather it is the National Assembly that can strangulate people.  If you follow  democracy, the strongest arm of any democratic setting is the parliament. Nobody, no arm of government can intimidate the legislature.
If you look at the Senate President, it appears he is not settled, he is not comfortable. Is he not in charge yet?
He is a very strong hearted man. The man knows he has the support of the people, he demonstrated it. Senator Marafa was shouting in the newspapers, ‘when we resume, heavens will fall, we will remove him’;  you heard it. Then we came that day, instead of moving the removal motion, 81 Senators signed the vote expressing confidence in the leadership of  Saraki. That is a demonstration of ‘I am in charge’. The only people who can remove him is  us. The President cannot remove him, APC cannot remove him, it is only the day that 73 senators  sign that  he will go. You are not likely to get it in this 8th Assembly. So, how are you going to get it unless you are going to kill him?  If you arrest him today, Ekweremadu will continue as Senate President. So where are you running to?  Even if you remove him via  arrest  and put him in prison, he is still our Senate President until we impeach him.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodbarber.vanguardngrnews&hl=en
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by SouthernBreeze(m): 5:26am On Aug 16, 2015
grin grin
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by spyder880(m): 5:26am On Aug 16, 2015
Is introvert on leave?
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Ruuhh(m): 6:41am On Aug 16, 2015
nonsense
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 16, 2015
  If you arrest him today, Ekweremadu will continue as Senate President. So where are you running to?  Even if you remove him via  arrest  and put him in prison, he is still our Senate President until we impeach him.

This puchline got me rolling with laughter

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 16, 2015
Senator Marafa was shouting in the newspapers, ‘when we resume, heavens will fall, we will remove him’;  you heard it. Then we came that day, instead of moving the removal motion, 81 Senators signed the vote expressing confidence in the leadership of  Saraki. That is a demonstration of ‘I am in charge’.

Typical of APC e-warriors like Orlando Olodo who sabi make noise but them no get action

4 Likes

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 16, 2015
The National Assembly is on the firstline charge. There is nobody that can strangulate the National Assembly; rather it is the National Assembly that can strangulate people.  If you follow  democracy, the strongest arm of any democratic setting is the parliament. Nobody, no arm of government can intimidate the legislature

This was exactly what i told some fools here who think Buhari is all powerful and mighty!!! Buhari needs Saraki more than saraki needs him.The NASS can make life very difficult for the D.aura Du.llard

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by kliq(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2015
Op are you the new Chief E-Wailer or his Duputy? undecided
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2015
You want us to be put in your pocket? Nobody will allow it at this age. Where I am going  is nearer than where I am coming from; 58 plus and you want somebody to dictate from his parlour to me?

Help me tell them.That can only happen in the Amala region.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by natas22: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2015
Long grammer oya make I read am
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2015
kliq:
Op are you the new Chief E-Wailer or his Duputy? undecided

Mumu
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by after1: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Help me tell them.That can only happen in the Amala region.

Yet you ran away from your cursed region to same Amala region. Tribalism has eaten deep in your pathetic life that you cant do without insulting other tribe. No wonder your useless life is worst at your age, your mates are doing good in life but you are always online fighting with people old enough to be your last son. I am ashamed on your behalf bro cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2015
after1:

Yet you ran away from your cursed region to same Amala region. Tribalism has eaten deep in your pathetic life that you cant do without insulting other tribe. No wonder your useless life is worst at your age, your mates are doing good in life but you are always online fighting with people old enough to be your last son. I am ashamed on your behalf bro cheesy

Because Lagos was not developed with Amala money.Do you see me going to Osun state?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by kliq(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2015
kliq:

tongue

I am not suprised!! With role models like OBJ who sleeps with their daughters-in-law who could expect anything differant from you
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by after1: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Because Lagos was not developed with Amala money.Do you see me going to Osun state?

So it was developed with Apku or baby factory money? You escaped from your cursed region to the SW and still making mouth, you are just a big fool, no wonder your wife beat you daily. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by kliq(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

I am not suprised!! With role models like OBJ who sleeps with their daughters-in-law who could expect anything differant from you

Same way Ojukwu was eyeing his friend's teenage daughter back then relentlessly until he got between her legs.....Biafrauds stylee tongue

Obj was the godfather of your mentor

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2015
kliq:

Same way Ojukwu was eyeing his friend's teenage daughter back then relentlessly until he got between her legs.....Biafrauds stylee tongue

Obj was the godfather of your mentor
.At least Ojukwu went after an adult and didn't have to sleep with his Daughter-in-law

1 Like

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 22, 2015
after1:

So it was developed with Apku or baby factory money? You escaped from your cursed region to the SW and still making mouth, you are just a big fool, no wonder your wife beat you daily. Smh
Mumu
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by ARIZONA123(m): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2015
after1:

. Shut the fvck up you this rabid dog. Agbero park!
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by ARIZONA123(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2015
after1:

. I have never seen you this silly boy using this ur putrid mouth in defending ur cursed Osunistan. You are not a lagosian so why all this ranting bastard! Get this into ur empty skull. I am more Lagosian than you bastard from the cursed Osunistan. You can now choke urself to death like ur lord AwOLEowo. #winks!

1 Like

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by after1: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2015
[s]
ARIZONA123:
. Shut the fvck up you this rabid dog. Agbero park!
[/s]

Cyberwolf, Go tell the village LovePeddler that sired you to shut up, you have been disgraced enough on this forum but you have no shame. Spit on your mother's grave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by after1: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2015
[s]
ARIZONA123:
. I have never seen you this silly boy using this ur putrid mouth in defending ur cursed Osunistan. You are not a lagosian so why all this ranting bastard! Get this into ur empty skull. I am more Lagosian than you bastard from the cursed Osunistan. You can now choke urself to death like ur lord AwOLEowo. #winks!
[/s]

Bastard son of a local LovePeddler, May I never end well if am from Osun state. I have never been there in my whole life, and MAY you die a miserable and pathetic death if you lie on me. Accursed son of a silly villager, you are from the red mud cursed Ebonyi state where nothing is working. A cursed state where your fellow yeebhoes call you wawa. You have no shame at all, cos you are an OSU yeebhoe. Woe betides you and your deranged father. Mad animal

1 Like 1 Share

chukwudi44:

Mumu

See this old senile ediot that is close to death spewing trash. The wretched old fool that receive serious bashing from his wife anything he mess up, you have no shame at all old ediot. Go end your miserable life cos its worthless. Oloribu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by attacker231: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Bastard son of a local LovePeddler, May I never end well if am from Osun state. I have never been there in my whole life, and MAY you die a miserable and pathetic death if you lie on me. Accursed son of a silly villager, you are from the red mud cursed Ebonyi state where nothing is working. A cursed state where your fellow yeebhoes call you wawa. You have no shame at all, cos you are an OSU yeebhoe. Woe betides you and your deranged father. Mad animal

THIS IS WICKEDNESS. THE BOY JUST LOVE CRYING EVERYDAY, CHAI CYBERWOLF IS A DISGRACE TO ALL HIS CURSED FAMILY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2015
after1:

I am an old and senile ediot that is close to death spewing trash. I am the wretched old fool that receive serious bashing from his wife anything he mess up, you have no shame at all old ediot.I will soon go end my miserable life cos its worthless. Oloribu

Sorry dear RIP in advance
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by after1: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

I am Chukwudi. A shameless old man of 76 years old. I am useless cos I waste all my life doing nothing, I am jobless, hungry, and sad. Reason i fight with my kids mate online, I am sick now and close to death, may my soul in hell

Good, may your cursed soul rest in hell. Old dying fool.
Re: Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi by cktheluckyman: 10:35am On May 09, 2016
I just love this guy!! He really gave it to the zombies

(1) (Reply)

A Message To The Igbos / I Thought The UN Invited Biafran Reps/Leaders To The Meeting? / Real Truth About The Saraki Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.