Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Christians, Please Analyze This Situation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Please Analyze This Situation (1201 Views)

Christians , Please What's Your Take On This / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? / Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 11:44am On Aug 16, 2015
I adapted this conversation from a true life story that happened between two friends I know. Charles comes visiting as Benny was about going to church on Sunday morning. The following ensues:

Charles: What's up Benny. Sorry I'm coming to disturb you this morning.
Benny: It's ok. Hope no problem?
Charles: Well I'm so broke now. Was hoping i could get some little cash from you I could use to make a meal with
Benny: Awww. Sorry to hear that. I'm cash strapped now
Charles: Please anything, I really will appreciate
Benny: The only money I have here is for my transport to work tomorrow and my church offering this morning.
Charles: Bros, abeg nau. I'm really hungry. No food in my house. Squeeze something for me please. As your friend.
Benny: Do you want me to squeeze from my offering or you want me to trek to work tomorrow?
Charles: I dont want you to trek, but you could get a little from your offering. You could give next week. Please I am hungry and you know i am not lying.
Benny: Give you my offering money for your food? Never. Please I have to go to church.
Charles: ok.

One thing for a fact is that Charles was really hungry, broke and needed money badly. Was Benny right with his behaviour and response?
Please matured responses.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by meimoks(f): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
Actually the offering is not emergency, he can always do that. What if he got back from church and he met his friend dead. I think giving to the one in need is a higher offering

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:
I support Benny. Benny seems to be really cash-strapped.

Also, Benny has decided to give his offering to God, Charles should respect Benny's decision.

Your disbelief in tithe and offering does not mean you should disrespect people who have decided to give to God.

I am a believer in tithes and offerings. That is one of the tenets of Christianity. But at that moment of desperation and hunger, what do you think God requires of Benny to do?
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
kingthreat:
I adapted this conversation from a true life story that happened between two friends I know. Charles comes visiting as Benny was about going to church on Sunday morning. The following ensues:

Charles: What's up Benny. Sorry I'm coming to disturb you this morning.
Benny: It's ok. Hope no problem?
Charles: Well I'm so broke now. Was hoping i could get some little cash from you I could use to make a meal with
Benny: Awww. Sorry to hear that. I'm cash strapped now
Charles: Please anything, I really will appreciate
Benny: The only money I have here is for my transport to work tomorrow and my church offering this morning.
Charles: Bros, abeg nau. I'm really hungry. No food in my house. Squeeze something for me please. As your friend.
Benny: Do you want me to squeeze from my offering or you want me to trek to work tomorrow?
Charles: I dont want you to trek, but you could get a little from your offering. You could give next week. Please I am hungry and you know i am not lying.
Benny: Give you my offering money for your food? Never. Please I have to go to church.
Charles: ok.

One thing for a fact is that Charles was really hungry, broke and needed money badly. Was Benny right with his behaviour and response?
Please matured responses.

Man shall not live by bread alone.

Its written.

Benny was right because he values God more than anything else.
And that's how its suppose to be.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by AZeD1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

So called Christians going to church but understand nothing about Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by dazzlingd(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:
I support Benny. Benny seems to be really cash-strapped.

Also, Benny has decided to give his offering to God, Charles should respect Benny's decision.

Your disbelief in tithe and offering does not mean you should disrespect people who have decided to give to God.

hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whrs d love that your Jesus taught you.

I like your Jesus but I dont like you christians
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Demigods:

Its written.

Sorry I gotta ask you. Have you ever been hungry. I mean really hungry that you had to beg even people you are not in good terms with for food?
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by dazzlingd(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Demigods:

Its written.

where's the temple of the Holy spirit that your Jesus taught you.... The church building whr u are taking your offering to or the Body?

Christians indeed.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:

The bible also says that we should bring in all our tithes and offering into the church so that we might be blessed.

I understand if Benny has said that he would give his tithe to the poor. Its different. But, he has already decided to give to God and its not disposable income. We should respect others decision.

This reminds me of the miracle of the bread and fishes. If it were to be today, those people will be given offering boxes after the sermon has been done. But Jesus, knowing they were hungry and tired decided to feed them himself. This is not about respecting other people's decision. Save it for issues like that of Caitlyn Jenner. This is a case of "What God requires we should do".
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by dazzlingd(m): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:

This is not love or anything. If you were holding some of your employers money, will you lend it out to your friend? Why then would you treat God's money less?

oh God needs money to eat, or to build his house. mayb God needs to pay the salary of his employees in the church.

you have no point.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:

If I dont have money, there's nothing I can do.
Just like how you budget your money to do other things , thats how you people budget their tithe and offering.

Some people wont even give their internet subscription money out. They cant bear to be without that luxury.

Why is God's money disposable?

You didn't answer my question about being really desperately hungry.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by dazzlingd(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:

You dont believe that, but other people do.

ok....
your mother is seriously ill in the hospital, all u have left is your tithe of 20k, your mum needs exactly 20k to be treated. no other source of fund at that moment. What will you do?

use your tithe or take the tithe to church and watch her die?

I guess ur response is dat, u will take d tithe to ur pastor, pray and a miracle will save her right?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:

No this is not what God requires you to do. I think Charles may be some devils incarnate. The way he's even spinning it to make Benny guilty especially on sunday.

No!! Give to Ceaser what is Ceaser and Give to God what is God. You cannot twist the bible to suit your decision.

Thanks for your opinion. The bolded just displayed your mindset. I am more bothered about what God thinks than what our instincts or wisdom tells us.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by raayah(f): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by dazzlingd(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:

This a whole different scenario, Its life and death.
Charles has hunger but still has enough strength to argue. If Charles goes around begging for food, he will eventually get food and eat.

Oh my grin grin
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
dazzlingd:

where's the temple of the Holy spirit that your Jesus taught you.... The church building whr u are taking your offering to or the Body?

Christians indeed.

Dude. Get behind me. I do not have time for foolish arguments with fools.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by Anas09: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
First and foremost. What does the Bible say abt this Issue?
Let's Start with the OT. Palms 50 vs 12-13
If I were hungry, I won't tell thee, for the world is mind, and the fulness thereof.
Will I eat the flesh of bulls(that can mean ur money), or drink the blood of goats?
God is not asking us to bring to him so that he can eat it. The offering we take to God is to in turn used for those who don't have.
James 2:14-17.
What doth it profit, my brothers though a man say he has faith and have no works(nothing to show for it)? Can faith serve him?
If a brother or sister be naked and hungry, but say to him go in peace, God bless you (addition mine)not withstanding that you have given him nothing which he needs to feed or clothe himself, what profit is that?.
Now to answer the OPs.
Benny is obviously not a believer, his belle comes first to him, but that's the state he is right now. Once upon I a time, we were all like him. Charles desires to serve God, but his Zeal is misguided. Let us have zeal with understanding so that we can profit from the gospel.
What is service? Or rather, what does it mean to serve God? Service to God is service to mankind primarily. U can't love God whom u can't see more than the man u can see.
Benny is hungry, he needs food. Charles only have his offerings and Tp to work. What will Jesus do in that instance? He'll give that offering to Benny. Benny knows that that money was meant for offering, but its given to him to feed. Charles would ve evangelised Benny easily.
Give him that which belongs to God? Someone will shout. Yes. because its meant for that purpose in the first place. If things are done well as expected. But we christians rather take it a give to a pastor who has more than enough and leave the poor hungry. NO. Give ur offering, but don't turn away a hungry soul just because u need to give that money in church.
If Benny needed that money to drink or smoke, then Charles will be justified, but its hunger. And when a man is hungry he can steal.
I know a general overseer of a very big church who was worn over by fruits. He was a Carpenter's apprentice. A woman went for evangelism, when she went again she bought fruits, the youngman felt love and care, that's how he followed that woman to church. Gave his life to christ. Today he is winning souls everywhere with love and care. His moto is"except We Care the People perish"
So love and care for humanity is a service to God.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by kingthreat(m): 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
Anas09:
First and foremost. What does the Bible say abt this Issue?
Let's Start with the OT. Palms 50 vs 12-13
If I were hungry, I won't tell thee, for the world is mind, and the fulness thereof.
Will I eat the flesh of bulls(that can mean ur money), or drink the blood of goats?
God is not asking us to bring to him so that he can eat it. The offering we take to God is to in turn used for those who don't have.
James 2:14-17.
What doth it profit, my brothers though a man say he has faith and have no works(nothing to show for it)? Can faith serve him?
If a brother or sister be naked and hungry, but say to him go in peace, God bless you (addition mine)not withstanding that you have given him nothing which he needs to feed or clothe himself, what profit is that?.
Now to answer the OPs.
Benny is obviously not a believer, his belle comes first to him, but that's the state he is right now. Once upon I a time, we were all like him. Charles desires to serve God, but his Zeal is misguided. Let us have zeal with understanding so that we can profit from the gospel.
What is service? Or rather, what does it mean to serve God? Service to God is service to mankind primarily. U can't love God whom u can't see more than the man u can see.
Benny is hungry, he needs food. Charles only have his offerings and Tp to work. What will Jesus do in that instance? He'll give that offering to Benny. Benny knows that that money was meant for offering, but its given to him to feed. Charles would ve evangelised Benny easily.
Give him that which belongs to God? Someone will shout. Yes. because its meant for that purpose in the first place. If things are done well as expected. But we christians rather take it a give to a pastor who has more than enough and leave the poor hungry. NO. Give ur offering, but don't turn away a hungry soul just because u need to give that money in church.
If Benny needed that money to drink or smoke, then Charles will be justified, but its hunger. And when a man is hungry he can steal.
I know a general overseer of a very big church who was worn over by fruits. He was a Carpenter's apprentice. A woman went for evangelism, when she went again she bought fruits, the youngman felt love and care, that's how he followed that woman to church. Gave his life to christ. Today he is winning souls everywhere with love and care. His moto is"except We Care the People perish"
So love and care for humanity is a service to God.

Good one Anas. Your analysis reminded me of the part of the Bible where David ate food of the temple which was forbidden because he was hungry. God didn't strike him or count it against him.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by Anas09: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Somebody said what if my mother was sick and all I have is my tithe? What kind of reasoning is that? Tithe of 20k is Ten percent of 200thousand. Where will the 200k go? If I have 20k as tithe, I shd ve 180k don't u think?
And, the home I grew up in. My Mum is a strict adherant to First Friut and Tithe. Don't try touching it because is not her's. We all grew up with that conciousness. Tithe is not urs, she kept saying. so she won't expect me to use it on her except she's not aware of it.
And lack of understanding kills people. So many people see tithe as giving to Pastor.
Its a debt to God. The Pastor pays too. But if because the money is in his hands, he misappropriate it. Hmmm. If u don't PAY God calls u a thief, think abt who steals it wen u pay it. God is no respecter of persons.
We err because we are ignorant. What are the promises God made to us wen we obey him, espercially in the area of Tithing? "I will drive the devourer away from you" do u not know that sickness is a dvourer?
I'd rather give my money to God than to pay the Doctor to treat my Mum. The Lord says "Try me now and see.., Mal 3:10. I'd choose trying God than going to the Doctors. Thanks.
Re: Christians, Please Analyze This Situation by whatofyou: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
If I were Benny, the only reason I will sacrifice my church offering to my friend will depend on the kind of person Charles is. If he is the dishonest, wayward, unrepentant type, sorry, no show for my side. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Present-day Heresy Been Taught In Some Churches .......(lord Have Mercy !!). / I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail-Cardinal Okojie / Why I Am So Blessed To Be A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.