Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style (2038 Views)

Graphic Photo Murdered Christopher Hobobo, Ex PDP Chairman In Bayelsa / Osinbajo Moves To Kill Forex Subsidy Racket Run Under Buhari Leadership / Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by shamecurls(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Former National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur has extolled the leadership style of President Muhammadu Buhari and asked Nigerians to allow the president as he leads the nation at his calculated pace.

“I salute Muhammadu Buhari because he has integrity. He believes in discipline, he believes in fighting corruption and believes in good governance because the only way we can go forward and be respected in the comity of nations is by coming together and carrying our people along,” he said.

He further revealed the circumstances that led to his removal as the PDP chair while featuring in a Kaduna-based Liberty Radio’s programme, ‘Guest of the Week.’

According to him, certain people in the PDP didn’t want him to practice internal democracy that he was preaching which led to his removal.

While however exonerating the former president of complicity in his removal, Tukur said, “Jonathan did not insist I leave the party, there are people in the PDP who felt I should not practice what I preach because discipline is very important. Following the laws you established is very important. When you don’t, then you have problems.

“President Jonathan could not protect me due to the powers of the governor. The governors are very powerful and therefore, if you do not do what they want, you are done away with and I believe nothing can be done to them.

”I was accused of being a virus in PDP and I did not deny it; I told them I am a virus for good governance, virus for internal democracy, virus for equity and justice. I hope that ‎virus will continue,” he said.

He also blamed his party’s defeat at the 2015 general election to its inability to deliver on promises, pointing out that the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the centre was a desire for an alternative to a failed party.

According to him, “democracy is government of the people by the people for the people. So, if the PDP fails to deliver on its promises, people will go to the alternative. Change is always good, provided it is going to bring better alternative.”

He said the APC allowed the democratic system to prevail by allowing the people choose their leaders through elections.

http://www.theheraldng.com/ex-pdp-chairman-bamanga-tukur-lauds-president-buharis-leadership-style/

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by INTROVERT(f): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
This thread will be interesting... let me just be observant here.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Mogidi: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Watch the [size=13pt]Lying Liars[/size] praise Tukur with gusto, same man they loathed with passion in the past.

Hypocrisy should be the other name for APC.

1 Like

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by levelszik(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Polithieftians sha, anyway it's non of my ish.

Altima year 2000 for sale @550k, follow the link below for cantact and more pix

https://www.nairaland.com/2442200/very-clean-nissan-altima-sale

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by muri4mig(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Introvert created a fp potential thread and stinginly be TFC at the same time. You cheat even on Sunday.
Back to the topic; All PDP cronies are singing Buhari praises now in an attempt to acquire a soft landing. It is a failed movement. No compromise in this fight. The longest jail term await you all the. Corrupt mofos
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by yang(m): 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
PDP in the morning, APC at night.

My biafrans, the sooner you start thinking of your tribe and not party, the better
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by EdCure: 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin
This corroborates my earlier assertion that the PDP I know, cannot play opposition politics. They have no lever or integrity to do that.
The only effective opposition to this Buhari administration will emerge from within the ruling APC.
The online TANoid wailers have not been able to get real lives and face realities because they live in bubbles of delusion and ignorance. Realities bothers those who live in such bubbles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by drey076(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by ambassadorgozie(m): 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is d game of " if u can't beat dem join dem"..

Sai baba

I swear dis introvert is jobless
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin grin
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by omowolewa: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
When you see a good brand, its easily identified!
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by researchwork: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
you have to think.

to read more on leadership style... this is a well research work http://www.projectandresearchwork.com/104-2/
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Truth is that PDP as a party has k-leg. No internal democracy, pro-corruption stance, unconstructive opposition and lack of soberness with the way PDP administration mismanaged the resources of Nigeria in last administration(The APC and PDP co-destroyed Nigeria before GEJ). The worse is the revelations on the arms money scandal.

Buhari should not relent in bringing every yam-eaters to book. Justice must be served. Next should be all former State Executives/Senators.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by abduljabbar4(m): 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
You will all remember how PMB cried for Nigeria. Bamanga tukur your turn is around the corner whether you praise pmb or not
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by abduljabbar4(m): 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Truth is that PDP as a party has k-leg. No internal democracy, pro-corruption stance, unconstructive opposition and lack of soberness with the way PDP administration mismanaged the resources of Nigeria in last administration(The APC and PDP co-destroyed Nigeria before GEJ). The worse is the revelations on the arms money scandal.

Buhari should not relent in bringing every yam-eaters to book. Justice must be served. Next should be all former State Executives/Senators.

Thank you jare!

1 Like

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by morbeta(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Uncladding of Pdp"s claddness
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless u, @bolded, atleast u don they wise small small. grin.. truckpusher re u Reading this, if you like they defend politicians make don destroy our nation. this is y am neutral in this APC / PDP malady.. all re criminals..

"When Nigerians see's True change they will know, not this fake change been preached by ApC" - Goodboiyy

"As a nation we have been through many things, but our major problem are Our Leaders, Y the youths keep killing themselves , the politicians Re busy looting our commonwealth, Any body that says PDP better than APC needs his head checked , APC/PDP = Criminals" - Goodbouyy

God bless Nigeria
God bless our Youths

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Truckpusher(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Goodboiyy:

God bless u, @bolded, atleast u don they wise small small. grin.. truckpusher re u Reading this, if you like they defend politicians make don destroy our nation. this is y am neutral in this APC / PDP malady.. all re criminals..

"When Nigerians see's True change they will know, not this fake change been preached by ApC" - Goodboiyy

"As a nation we have been through many things, but our major problem are Our Leaders, Y the youths keep killing themselves , the politicians Re busy looting our commonwealth, Any body that says PDP better than APC needs his head checked , APC/PDP = Criminals" - Goodbouyy

God bless Nigeria
God bless our Youths
TonyeBarcanista is having the diarrhea of the mouth and also in a confused state of the mind about where to pitch tent permanently even as he has highlighted some thought provoking issue about how the PDP mismanaged the affairs of this country for the past 16 years but again who are these people ?
Aren't they the same bunch of thieves that are parading themselves as 'change' agents in the APC ?
As long as people like Amaechi and co are in Buhari's govt his fight against corruption would be defeated and would amount to mockery.
I thought you guys said that EfCC will soon pick Wike , why aren't they doing it yet ? Because if Wike goes down so will Amaechi and that alone will rubbish his lopsided administration.

Buhari's anti corruption war is a facade that won't stand the test of time after all he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

You can't call yourself a thief catcher , while the same thieves are the ones that gave you that position on how to catch the thieves using their resources from the same thievery .They will follow on with your charade. After all once a thief is always a thief.
Buhari's administration is in bed wth too many strange bed fellows and that alone calls for serious concern.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by omenka(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
This niccur still alive??
By the way, where the hell is Pa Chukwudi Didhe deactivate
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Truckpusher:
TonyeBarcanista is having the diarrhea of the mouth and also in a confused state of the mind about where to pitch tent permanently even as he has highlighted some thought provoking issue about how the PDP mismanaged the affairs of this country for the past 16 years but again who are these people ?
@Emboldened: I agree with you on that. While I use to assume that the "bad guys" have left PDP to pitch tent with APC, events after the inauguration of PMB showed otherwise. In fact, in PDP I see some hardened men that aren't remorseful nor sober for their past deeds even as they unfold. Worse still, I see group of men that despite the rhetoric of "Rebranding" are determined to defend and promote every thief within and outside their camp. I was in APC when Nyako travail started. Though an APC Governor, I(Barcanita) insisted that Nyako answer for his crimes. This was against the official position of APC as at then. Same position I took on Almakura's case(but he wasn't impeached). When I was in APC, I never backed Amaechi despite how loved he was by APC faithfuls and, rank and files. I was entirely neutral because I couldn't allow party to block my rationality. Though I maintained that Amaechi performed in his first term(which we all can acknowledge).

Why then should I be proud to take position on shielding thieves? You see why I'm confused? I think it is legitimate confusion. I have to take a position that aligns with my conviction.

On state of Nigeria in the last 16years, I maintained in my comment that the PDP showed no remorse after mismanaging Nigeria resources(and looting) for the past "5years". Let me quote my comment...
No internal democracy, pro-corruption stance, unconstructive opposition and lack of soberness with the way PDP administration mismanaged the resources of Nigeria in last administration[b](The APC and PDP co-destroyed Nigeria before GEJ).[/b] The worse is the revelations on the arms money scandal
In the emboldened I clearly stated that APC/PDP co-destroyed Nigeria pre-GEJ. That's an established fact.

PS: I'm not aware about any diarrhea in the mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by abduljabbar4(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Truckpusher:
Aren't they the same bunch of thieves that are parading themselves as 'change' agents in the APC ?
As long as people like Amaechi and co are in Buhari's govt his fight against corruption would be defeated and would amount to mockery.
I thought you guys said that EfCC will soon pick Wike , why aren't they doing it yet ? Because if Wike goes down so will Amaechi and that alone will rubbish his lopsided administration.

Buhari's anti corruption war is a facade that won't stand the test of time after all he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

You can't call yourself a thief catcher , while the same thieves are the ones that gave you that position on how to catch the thieves using their resources from the same thievery .They will follow on with your charade. After all once a thief is always a thief.
Buhari's administration is in bed wth too many strange bed fellows and that alone calls for serious concern.

Is this truckpusher shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

But barca was only being sincere na.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by zicoraads: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

@Emboldened: I agree with you on that. While I use to assume that the "bad guys" have left PDP to pitch tent with APC, events after the inauguration of PMB showed otherwise. In fact, in PDP I see some hardened men that aren't remorseful nor sober for their past deeds even as they unfold. Worse still, I see group of men that despite the rhetoric of "Rebranding" are determined to defend and promote every thief within and outside their camp. I was in APC when Nyako travail started. Though an APC Governor, I(Barcanita) insisted that Nyako answer for his crimes. This was against the official position of APC as at then. Same position I took on Almakura's case(but he wasn't impeached). When I was in APC, I never backed Amaechi despite how loved he was by APC faithfuls and, rank and files. I was entirely neutral because I couldn't allow party to block my rationality. Though I maintained that Amaechi performed in his first term(which we all can acknowledge).

Why then should I be proud to take position on shielding thieves? You see why I'm confused? I think it is legitimate confusion. I have to take a position that aligns with my conviction.

On state of Nigeria in the last 16years, I maintained in my comment that the PDP showed no remorse after mismanaging Nigeria resources(and looting) for the past "5years". Let me quote my comment...

In the emboldened I clearly stated that APC/PDP co-destroyed Nigeria pre-GEJ. That's an established fact.

This guy! Stop with the justification already. Truckpusher actually captured it succinctly. We know what you are made of. We know the reasons for your actions and inactions. Trying to tag it on 'bad guys' sounds like a cliché. Man up and own up!
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
zicoraads:

This guy! Stop with the justification already. Truckpusher actually captured it succinctly. We know what you are made of. We know the reasons for your actions and inactions. Trying to tag it on 'bad guys' sounds like a cliché. Man up and own up!
STFU.... There is nothing like justification or condemnation in that comment. If you aren't satisfied just "Go and Die".

PS: You neither know me nor the stuff I'm made of. Just get off me.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Truckpusher(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Is this truckpusher shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

But barca was only being sincere na.
Of course he was and I was also pointing out to Goodboiyy that this fight against corruption was headed to the dustbin of history the moment the incorruptible one decided to announce a ministerial list that was more of a "Thank you for making President" .

We love the fact that people are being called out for their misdeeds while in office but justice demands that all those that have contributed to this sorry state we find ourselves should pay to serve as a deterrent to other would be yam eaters in the future lest it should become a thing of one being a party member that is fighting corruption at the moment because this will lead to the shielding of the crooks and thieves once they are in the ruling party and such fight can be classified as a pure witch hunt.
Fighting corruption while dinning and winning with some corrupt people is a mockery in the face of those that have suffered untold hardship by the very act of corruption.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by JaredNomak: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Who takes Bamanga Tukur seriously?

The same nitwit who said that Boko haram are fighting for justice?

Buhari should not only probe this old fool for embezzlement, he should also probe him for encouraging Boko haram activities.

If Buhari doesn't detain this man, he'll be the biggest joke of the century.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by JaredNomak: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Truckpusher:

Though I hate you, but..

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Truckpusher(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I understood you quite alright but then again one has to take side at the end of the day.
If you truly believe in what you just said then it is important to call Buhari's fight against corruption what it is .

This fight is pure witch hunting and that isn't to say that they were not corrupt but the fight should be emcompassing and not a one sided fight that will create a system of using govt apparatus to settle scores and decimate the only viable opposition to attain to some dictatorial one party state which we have been blaming the PDP for under Obasanjo et al.
This fight is one sided and doesn't represent the interest of Nigerians at large.
Call it what it is .

Is Amaechi and Fashola not corrupt ? Why haven't the EFCC called them for questioning despite the damning allegations against them.
Amaechi clearly insulted the Rivers State people when he refused to answer questions about his stewardship for 8 yrs , instead he went to the same court he shut down for years - yet he was given a ministerial position .
Where is the justice in that ?Barca .
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Okanokan(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lauding President Buhari style of leadership is not an issue here. You have a lot of questions to answer regarding the Nigerian Railway Corporation(NRC) praising PMB will not save your skin.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by Truckpusher(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
JaredNomak:
Though I hate you, but..
We can have our disagreement over national issues and some other trivial issues but hate is too strong a word to use for a fellow human in this short existence in a world filled with uncertainty.

I don't hate you and never will - Hate destroys people from inside.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Truckpusher:
[s]TonyeBarcanista is having the diarrhea of the mouth and also in a confused state of the mind about where to pitch tent permanently even as he has highlighted some thought provoking issue about how the PDP mismanaged the affairs of this country for the past 16 years but again who are these people ?

[/s]

Emotional trash!
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style by JaredNomak: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Truckpusher:
We can have our disagreement over national issues and some other trivial issues but hate is too strong a word to use for a fellow human in this short existence in a world filled with uncertainty.

I don't hate you and never will - Hate destroys people from inside.
You should understand the hate I meant na, bro. I hate 'most' of your contributions on Nairaland, not really your personality, though I know you ain't exactly like this in reality.

This is just Nairaland, we don't really mean some of the things we say here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Igbo People Lay Claims To Biafra / See The Newly Invented Aeroplane By An ENUGU BOY / Shocking: Read What CAC Pastor Was Caught Doing Inside Church(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.