Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man (1604 Views)

5 Signs Of A Childish Adult / 5 Signs Your Husband Is Cheating On You / 5 Signs That You Have A Loose Vagina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
Whenever the term 'being a man' is mentioned, especially in the societal sense, some folks erroneously think it entails having a bold or bass voice, big manhood and surplus beards like that of Rick Ross!!! wink. Far from it!!! There are so many guys who, societal-wise, can hardly be referred to as 'men' due to certain characteristics or traits that surround their lives!!! cool

Becoming a man is a different issue entirely. It entails that a male folk should be in a certain stage of his life where he would be a able to take important decisions in his life and have total control of his life too!

5 Signs To Show You Are Becoming A Man:

1) Paying Bills: When you start paying bills such as house rent, light bill, cable or decoder fees, security levy, refuse disposal fee, etc, you should know you are becoming a man. It means you have started taking charge of your financial responsibilities! You now have the capacity to determine what and how you should or should not buy...again, it is not by big manhood or empty swagg!!!

2) Decision Making: When you cannot take charge of your life or make decisions that affect your life, you are not a man yet. You are still a boy. If others, such as relatives and friends still control your life and influence your decisions, you are very far from becoming a man. It doesn't have anything to do with your age here wink. If you like, make your bia-bia long pass Third Mainland Bridge sef! grin. A man takes major decisions that shape his life. He must not wait for people to come do that for him.

3) Independence: This does not just mean being free to galivant, drink, smoke and chase big buttocks!!! No! It means being able to cater for most, if not all your needs. Though, seek help from friends and family members sometimes, but it doesn't mean we should depend on them for virtually everything! I know grown folks who still collect cash for clothes, shoes and haircut from their parents and they are above 30!!! After u go come public dey come make mouth! U dor pay light bill before? Or even refuse disposal fee?
When you start becoming independent, you are becoming a real man.

4) Being Able To Cater For A Woman: I know some dudes would want my head on a platter of gold for this one but it is the bitter truth! Any guys who is not capable of catering for a woman, not just financially but emotionally and spiritually too, such guy has not attained the level. Catering for a woman doesn't entails feeding and clothing her, buying all and all for her, but there are certain things a man should initiate and handle in a home wink Some guys go about chasing girls in an indiscriminate, annoying and shameful manner instead of concerning themselves with how to make money! If she get belle now, u nor go fit even buy baby food...u go run go hide for Ogbomosho grin. When you are able to support the responsibilities that come with a woman, you are becoming a man cheesy

5) Discipline: When you start applying discipline in your life, you are turning a man. If you can spend your entire salary on prostitutes and buying drinks for fair-weather friends, you are yet to be a man. Again, nor be by big voice, big manhood or long bia-bia!

Happy Sunday...cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Paschal001: 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by INTROVERT(f): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
cutehector are u a man.?
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by ArchEnemy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
Yeah, nice write up

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Cutehector(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
INTROVERT:
cutehector are u a man.?
to be honest, all I can say is to be a man is not a day"s job... It comes wit stages. Now I'v not attained d stage of number 4 yet... Even d bible says there is a time for everythn.. I hope u are satisfied?

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Yeah, nice write up
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by ambassadorgozie(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Confirm... I started doing dis tins when I was 17 years

So I don try
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by 1miccza: 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
That number 4 is not always true and it also depends on your definition and idea of who a woman is...
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
INTROVERT:
cutehector are u a man.?
Sister why na? grin
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by INTROVERT(f): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
to be honest, all I can say is to be a man is not a day"s job... It comes wit stages. Now I'v not attained d stage of number 4 yet... Even d bible says there is a time for everythn.. I hope u are satisfied?

am belleful grin
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by gabazin080(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Reaching puberty nko?
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Cutehector(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
INTROVERT:

am belleful grin

lol see ur balloon head... Happy sunday kiss
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Cutehector(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sister why na? grin
hhahaha she wants to trap me.. Doesn't knw dat I be guy man...
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
gabazin080:
Reaching puberty nko?
That's biology!!!
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
RoyalRoy, lalasticlala...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by gabazin080(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rapmoney:
That's biology!!!
it's still a sign. The op didn't mention any aspect, he just said signs. Either physically, spiritually or biology puberty is one of the signs that u are now a man
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice one..

Rapmoney are u a man? grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
gabazin080:
it's still a sign. The op didn't mention any aspect, he just said signs. Either physically, spiritually or biology puberty is one of the signs that u are now a man
Which Op? I am the Op! Am tellin u that's pure biology! Attaining puberty is not a sign of being a man! It just shows u are physically growing! cheesy
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Nice one..

Rapmoney are u a man? grin
Sure, I am cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by limamintruth: 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rapmoney:
Whenever the term 'being a man' is mentioned, especially in the societal sense, some folks erroneously think it entails having a bold or bass voice, big manhood and surplus beards like that of Rick Ross!!! wink. Far from it!!! There are so many guys who, societal-wise, can hardly be referred to as 'men' due to certain characteristics or traits that surround their lives!!! cool

Becoming a man is a different issue entirely. It entails that a male folk should be in a certain stage of his life where he would be a able to take important decisions in his life and have total control of his life too!

1) Paying Bills: When you start paying bills such as house rent, light bill, cable or decoder fees, security levy, refuse disposal fee, etc, you should know you are becoming a man. It means you have started taking charge of your financial responsibilities! You now have the capacity to determine what and how you should or should not buy...again, it is not by big manhood or empty swagg!!!

2) Decision Making: When you cannot take charge of your life or make decisions that affect your life, you are not a man yet. You are still a boy. If others, such as relatives and friends still control your life and influence your decisions, you are very far from becoming a man. It doesn't have anything to do with your age here wink. If you like, make your bia-bia long pass Third Mainland Bridge sef! grin. A man takes major decisions that shape his life. He must not wait for people to come do that for him.

3) Independence: This does not just mean being free to galivant, drink, smoke and chase big buttocks!!! No! It means being able to cater for most, if not all your needs. Though, seek help from friends and family members sometimes, but it doesn't mean we should depend on them for virtually everything! I know grown folks who still collect cash for clothes, shoes and haircut from their parents and they are above 30!!! After u go come public dey come make mouth! U dor pay light bill before? Or even refuse disposal fee?

4) Being Able To Cater For A Woman: I know some dudes would want my head on a platter of gold for this one but it is the bitter truth! Any guys who is not capable of catering for a woman, not just financially but emotionally and spiritually too, such guy has not attained the level. Catering for a woman doesn't entails feeding and clothing her, buying all and all for her, but there are certain things a man should initiate and handle in a home wink Some guys go about chasing girls in an indiscriminate, annoying and shameful manner instead of concerning themselves with how to make money! If she get belle now, u nor go fit even buy baby food...u go run go hide for Ogbomosho grin. When you are able to support the responsibilities that come with a woman, you are becoming a man cheesy

5) Discipline: When you start applying discipline in your life, you are turning a man. If you can spend your entire salary on prostitutes and buying drinks for fair-weather friends, you are yet to be a man. Again, nor be by big voice, big manhood or long bia-bia!

Happy Sunday...cheesy

Makes sense;
Respect! cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
limamintruth:

Makes sense;
Respect! cool
Thanks cheesy
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
oga mi
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by EfemenaXY: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rapmoney:

Happy Sunday...cheesy

I do all of the above. Especially that number 1 item on your list. So I must be a man. (No surprises there)

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I do all of the above. Especially that number 1 item on your list. So I must be a man. (No surprises there)
Are u sure? No be for mouth o! If u are, then that's nice cheesy
Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by EfemenaXY: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rapmoney:
Are u sure? No be for mouth o! If u are, then that's nice cheesy

What do you mean by if I'm sure?? I just said I do, didn't I?

So I must be a man. Abi?

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs To Know You Are Becoming A Man by Rapmoney(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What do you mean by if I'm sure?? I just said I do, didn't I?

So I must be a man. Abi?
Alright grin

(1) (Reply)

14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. / PLEASE HELP! I Don't Want To Lose Him. / Real African Mother (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.