Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison (890 Views)

Speaker Monday Igbuya Pictured With Ibori In UK / Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate / Senator Ighoyota Amori Marks 63rd Birthday Boat Cruising With Girls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by LocalChamp: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORKAUG 15, 2015

An exclusive interview with People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Senator Ighoyota Amori of Delta Central district by SaharaTV became heated when the senator was asked about his relationship with the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, who is currently in custody in the UK for money laundering and corruption charges. He said that he had to stay in touch with Mr. Ibori because their ties are undeniable.

“Let me put this bluntly to you,” Senator Amori said in the interview with SaharaTV correspondent Kwesi Baako. “I visit James Ibori once every month. But I am not the only one who visits James Ibori. There is an avalanche of people—ministers, governors, Nigerian ambassadors—visiting James Ibori in prison. That should tell you about the person of James Ibori.”

Amori showed his undying loyalty for the corrupt former Governor when he was asked why he visits Mr. Ibori in his UK jail even though he has responsibilities with the Senate.

“I was the secretary of the political party that made Ibori governor. I became his Commissioner for Education and his political advisor. We became so close. His mother is from my village. It is very wrong to say I’m a stooge for him,“ Amori said.

The PDP senator was also asked what it feels like to be a part of the opposition for a change.

“I don’t see myself as being in the opposition. I have a good relationship with the leadership of the House. We are working closely and as a family,” Senator said.

The Senator also responded to recent photographs of him on a cruise ship with women by swearing his allegiance to his children.

Senator Amori said that “Most of the women there were all married with children… I am a married man. I am a Catholic. Highly religious and happily married with children.”

Senator Amori also denied allegations that he is positioning himself to be the next Delta State Governor, saying that he can make a difference in other roles.

“There is no big deal in being a Governor. I have been in this government for a long time. I have produced governors. I have been a power broker in the State also.”

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/15/senator-amori-‘avalanche’-gov’t-officials-visit-james-ibori-corrupt-ex-governor-prison
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by INTROVERT(f): 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
okay...

They are planning prayer and fasting for him this month end.
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by chocolateme(f): 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
What shall it profit a man to acquire the whole wealth and popularity and end up in one room apartment even while still in wealth.
Hope you brought provisions with you.
Sir Ibori , the Lord is your strength.
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by sam4(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
h3eeeeee
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by Imortal001: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Waiting to see some people visit diezani and okonjo in prison!
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by chocolateme(f): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
Imortal001:
Waiting to see some people visit diezani and okonjo in prison!
I can vouch for weekly Okonjo, don't think she will ever go to prison, intact she is a diehard.. will still be very active in the next administration.. smart embezzler, I love her.
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
So dis james of a man is stl in prison..nawa oo
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by Imortal001: 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
chocolateme:
I can vouch for weekly Okonjo, don't think she will ever go to prison, intact she is a diehard.. will still be very active in the next administration.. smart embezzler, I love her.
Okonjo is smarter than ibori abi? lets wait and see.
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by chocolateme(f): 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
Imortal001:

I don't really know but if she is not, then why is she not in prison and Ibori is?
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by chocolateme(f): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
Imortal001:

I don't really know but if she is not, then why is she not in prison and Ibori is? lipsrsealed
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by Scream(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by ibe9ja: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ibori still has evil connections. After completing his sentence in the UK he should be handed over to PMB to be re jailed in Nigeria. His PDP visitors should be jailed without trial if possible. They are all criminals.
Re: Senator Amori: ‘avalanche’ Of Gov’t Officials Visit James Ibori In Prison by Imortal001: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
chocolateme:
I don't really know but if she is not, then why is she not in prison and Ibori is?
Both of us, i mean you and me; only time will tell.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Ninety-seven Percent Theory / APC Vows Not To Accept Dankwambo Into The Party / Bad Market: AMCON Seizes Buruji’s Properties Over N8.3bn Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.