Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is (38317 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by dexcira(f): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
that umuapu road na die. mitchewww govt need to do something
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
bennethuche:

Why are you calling Rochas is that not a federal road Gej claimed he built. please before you talk make your research well first.

I thank God That I can read!!! Try and find out if you can thank God For the same gift.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by speener(m): 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
freeage7:
How can we keep suffering in the mist of plenty? Our leaders travel abroad everyday, why can't they borrow or maybe design a working template that will benefit Nigerians. Nigeria lacks infrastructures, lots of companies have gone moribund. There seems not to be light at the end of the tunnel, even if there is light, it is not illuminating. Very faint.

It saddens my heart to see our youths, and graduates pick up odd jobs in South Africa, risking it all to cross the Mediterranean sea just to have a feel of a greener field. A lots are still in war ravage countries like Libya, yet they prefer to still remain there. Will Nigeria ever get better again?
I don't see it getting better my brother. it's really sad. I cry for my people. But I blame the citizens, especially the youth. Instead of dying in a tragic road accident, or killed by an armed robber or kidnapper, why not die staging a movement, an uprising against whoever that put you in that position and suffering. But they rather kill themselves in sharing 50,000 naira from a politician for their votes. Naija sorry!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Algebra12: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
OP, though I don't see any markers to show that this is really PH Owerri Road, I do not doubt you.

I plied that route today to FUTO, though, I did not witness the bad part of the road. There are possibilities the carnage is further down the road.

Personally, what I observed in the villages/towns I've toured so far is that, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and his wife, with all due respect is running a government of BILBOCRACY - A government run on Super 48 sheet billboards, by the billboards, and - for the billboards.

This is Umuapu, the boarder town between Imo and Rivers state, but on Imo end.
I also passed that road this evening. It was terrible.
That road is an NDDC project, part of which has been done. They really need to expedite action on that road, assuming it has not been abandoned.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
And what has bill boards got to do with that eyesore of a federal road that we almost shedded blood asking the past administration of Jonathan to fix or atleast give a go ahead for Rochas to fix d road with Imo State's money? That road is a glaring definition of d evil dished out to Imolites by Jonathan and a vivid description of imbecility the so called PDP Leaders (Iwuanyanwu, Ihedioha, kema, Viola et al) in Imo State represent!

Please, help me. I plied that route last year. I had reasons to go to Madonna. Never saw a stretch like this.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thank God those who came out to defend the last administration were pay in their own coins.

Abagworo, Agarawu23, caseless and co. Thanks for putting sanTANist in their place.

Most of them that were quote, couldn't reply.

Even the miz is a liar. She divert from the topic of discussion to billboards.

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by AzontoGhost(m): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
giANT of AFRICA... embarassed
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Reference(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
obailala:

The irony of this your comment is that Amaechi is actually the hero when this road is concerned. This is a federal road which connects Imo to Rivers state and the only good section of the road is the Rivers state axis which was fixed by Amaechi, of which the FG refused to refund Rivers state till the last minute.

The most scandalous aspect of this mess was when some devilish GEJ supporters before the elections kept spreading falsehoods by including this road as one of the nonexistent achievements of GEJ in the south east. As a matter of fact, the saTANists quoted this particular road twice in the list of GEJ's achievements in the SE; it was listed twice as PH to Owerri and Elele to Owerri. Yet, this is the sorry state of the road.

But God delivered us from the GEJ virus of scam achievements.

By the way, shame on all those blaming Rochas for not fixing a federal road.

But what is the Federal Government doing about it. Civil works throughout the country has ground to a halt. Nothing is happening. FERMA which is responsible for continual remedial works no longer exists. Just cutting across that road to let the mud drain away is the simplest of things that can be done. Calabar will soon be completely cut off from the rest of the country except by air as the main highway has failed in several sections.

A number of new state governors have embarked on emergency road rehabilitation. Why is the Federal government so slow. Is it the only arm beset with financial challenges. Why can't it get the country moving months after ascension. Why is it so distracted by irrelevancies.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Makamuanwuo(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
these is APC state
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Drkul(f): 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Lol! same thing happened to our bus too, the driver had to pay some of the guys on standby to push the bus to a safer place.
Come see bargain that day, from 2k down to 200. The funny thing is that the boys are always on standby, as soon a bus or car gets stuck inside water come see rush.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by RHP(m): 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
Yet some pplp feel GEJ was rigged out... I think he was voted out cos Aba-PH road is same or worse. That's where i ply. Only God knows how the other areas are....
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by obailala(m): 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
Reference:

But what is the Federal Government doing about it. Civil works throughout the country has ground to a halt. Nothing is happening. FERMA which is responsible for continual remedial works no longer exists. Just cutting across that road to let the mud drain away is the simplest of things that can be done. Calabar will soon be completely cut off from the rest of the country except by air as the main highway has failed in several sections.

A number of new state governors have embarked on emergency road rehabilitation. Why is the Federal government so slow. Is it the only arm beset with financial challenges. Why can't it get the country moving months after ascension. Why is it so distracted by irrelevancies.
What do you regard as irrelevance?.. Is it the fight against terrorists or the fight against corruption?.... Is it the steps being taken to block leaking holes in the ministries before appointing ministers or is it the contracting of auditing firms to help investigate and possibly recover looted billions from NNPC?... What exactly did you just trivialise as 'irrelevance'?

Are you aware corruption in higher places is our single biggest problem which has kept Nigeria in the league of 3rd world countries?... Is it the steps being taken to fight this monster that you just trivialised as irrelevance?

Are you aware it is because of this same corruption in high places that the road in question is in its present sorry state?.... A contract was awarded through NDDC to dualise this road almost 10 years ago yet the only bit of the road that is good was constructed by Rivers state government out of frustration. Up till today, nobody knows what happened to the funds released by NDDC for this road and several administrations have passed with no one giving a damn or asking questions; now we have an administration that wants to look into this particular issue and here we have someone calling it irrelevance.

What is even wrong with the black man?!

2 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Akainzo(m): 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
mykl01:

Please, help me. I plied that route last year. I had reasons to go to Madonna. Never saw a stretch like this.

If you went from Port Harcourt to Madonna, you will not get to this portion.

But you can't miss it if you were going to Madonna from Owerri.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by obayaya(m): 4:01am On Aug 17, 2015
MizMyColi:
OP, though I don't see any markers to show that this is really PH Owerri Road, I do not doubt you.

I plied that route today to FUTO, though, I did not witness the bad part of the road. There are possibilities the carnage is further down the road.

Personally, what I observed in the villages/towns I've toured so far is that, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and his wife, with all due respect is running a government of BILBOCRACY - A government run on Super 48 sheet billboards, by the billboards, and - for the billboards.

Don't get it twisted... The portion of that road from around umuapo or so.. is this bad.. especially when it rains.

Okorocha's "biblocracy is a topic for another day
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by DedeNkem: 5:15am On Aug 17, 2015
It's a federal road. The road have been used many times to loot billions on paper.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by bxcode(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2015
I passed through that road yesterday on my way to Ph and it was something else, the flood entered our vehicle and affected some passengers luggages. My annoyance is that the so called road is a federal road linking two major states in the south. It's appallingundecided
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by otokx(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2015
NDDC needs to be investigated.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by kuuljay(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2015
wailers will avoid this thread like a plague. only the extremely blind ones will comment. grin grin grin grin they even blame rochas for the state of a federal road.

their illustrious cudnt do this road now they are calling on the dullard for help grin grin grin grin

meanwhile

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by agarawu23(m): 7:58am On Aug 17, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Thank God those who came out to defend the last administration were pay in their own coins.

Abagworo, Agara wu23, caseless and co. Thanks for putting sanTANist in their place.

Most of them that were quote, couldn't reply.

Even the miz is a liar. She divert from the topic of discussion to billboards.
lol
you mean mizmycoli? don't mind her, she board a bus with the wrong ppl. she is still learning cheesy
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by agarawu23(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2015
donholy28:
so as u dey now...if fg no build road...u no go build road
y would I ?
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2015
otokx:
NDDC needs to be investigated.
Because?
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by donholy28(m): 8:04am On Aug 17, 2015
agarawu23:
y would I ?
den which kind leader re u?
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by agarawu23(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2015
donholy28:
den which kind leader re u?
I am not a politician undecided
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Meister(m): 9:25am On Aug 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Sister the road in question is a road linking a state to another which makes anything concerning the road a federal project so stop hating on our amiable governor

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by sunsewa: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2015
delishpot:
Choi! Where exactly is this?

Umuakpu IMO state end of the road, Rivers State end is perfectly OK from beginning of the boarder to the end.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by MizMyColi(f): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2015
‎Last I checked, I don't remember blaming Mr Rochas Okorocha for the bad roads.

I merely dropped a personal observation, based on what is obtainable in the villages/towns that we ran through, though it's not the topic in discussion.‎..which is basically why I started it on another paragraph. Within a less than 5km distance, I counted over a dozen billboards extolling Rochas, both for semi-completed, completed, uncompleted and yet-to-clear-the-grass projectsgrin

@Passingshot @Caseless @‎Youngice @Wristbangle

@Freemanan @Shachris ‎@Meister 

Kindly oblige by showing me where I succinctly or outrightly blamed Owelle.
Thanks in anticipation.
‎‎

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2015
MizMyColi:
‎Last I checked, I don't remember blaming Mr Rochas Okorocha for the bad roads.

I merely dropped a personal observation, based on what is obtainable in the villages/towns that we ran through, though it's not the topic in discussion.‎..which is basically why I started it on another paragraph. Within a less than 5km distance, I counted over a dozen billboards extolling Rochas, both for semi-completed, completed, uncompleted and yet-to-clear-the-grass projectsgrin

@Freemanan

Kindly oblige by showing me where I succinctly or outrightly blamed Owelle.
Thanks in anticipation.
‎‎

I asked if Rochas has any business with the topic under discussion... Answer that..

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by MizMyColi(f): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2015
Freemanan:

I asked if Rochas has any business with the topic under discussion... Answer that..

I already answered that when I admitted it wasn't the topic for discussion.
Digression is unofficially allowed.

Now, please explain this...

And secondly, Rochas got no business with this. Its a federal road.

Aren't you expressly implying that I'm blaming Rochas for the road mess?

Bro, take your own advice and use your head please!
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

I already answered that when I admitted it wasn't the topic for discussion.
Digression is unofficially allowed.

Now, please explain this...

Aren't you expressly implying that I'm blaming Rochas for the road mess?

Bro, take your own advice and use your head please!
Lol... Love don't act smart, no need. It makes you look more shallow. The purpose of your digression (Bringing Rochas into this) is to make an innuendo that The Governor could have done something.. No?

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by MizMyColi(f): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2015
Freemanan:

Lol... Love don't act smart, no need. It makes you look more shallow. The purpose of your digression (Bringing Rochas into this) is to make an innuendo that The Governor could have done something.. No?

No.

I saw her post at a time when I was apparently befuddled at the amount of billboards in honour of Rochas and family while touring.

I almost created a thread.
But on seeing something about the road, I decided to air my concerns as well.

It's just that you lot are used to seeing everyone as vindictive and enemies, else you will see where I told her that I did not see the road, you will see that I subtly expressed doubt too, how then can I flagrantly accuse him when for all we know, that might not be Imo State.
Or you think I'm happy my state is being run the way it is and a topic of ridicule at the same time?
undecided
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

No.

I saw her post at a time when I was apparently befuddled at the amount of billboards in honour of Rochas and family while touring.

I almost created a thread.
But on seeing something about the road, I decided to air my concerns as well.

It's just that you lot are used to seeing everyone as vindictive and enemies, else you will see where I told her that I did not see the road, you will see that I subtly expressed doubt too, how then can I flagrantly accuse him when for all we know, that might not be Imo State.
Or you think I'm happy my state is being run the way it is and a topic of ridicule at the same time?
undecided
Now you are playing with my emotions... Issorai.... I get it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers / Palliatives Distribution: 'FG Never Asked Governors To Wait For Approval' / Fani-Kayode Was Hanging New Pictures On The Wall With Hammer - Media Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.