Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

$600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala (32614 Views)

$600m Jets’ Deal Raises US Imports Of Nigeria’s Crude / $1bn Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala / $1bn Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo- Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
handie:
Wait! The loan is meant for rail projects ba? In a situation where loans meant for the rail sector is being used for expansion of airport terminals, hydro electric power projects and a galaxy backbone project, is that not diversion? How does expansion of airport terminal affect development of the rail sector? Buhari said and I quote: [b] President Muhammed Buhari Monday in Abuja
called for an explanation from the Ministry of
Finance on the foreign loans obtained for rail
projects but diverted to other purposes.
Speaking at the end of a presentation on the
Ministry of Transport by the Permanent
Secretary, Mohammed Bashar at the
Presidential Villa, President Buhari said that it
was disappointing to find that foreign loans
obtained in line with signed agreements were
moved from one project to another.
“I hope that due process was followed before
such diversions were carried out. Taking money
from one project to another has to be done
properly,” Garba Shehu, his senior special
assistant on media and publicity, quoted the
President as saying.
Mr. Buhari was reacting to the specific instance
of the diversion of a substantial part of the loan
of USD1.005 billion from the Chinese Exim
Bank, obtained for the construction of a
standard gauge rail line linking Lagos to Kano
but which was moved elsewhere.
[/b]. Source:www.premiumtimesng.com/news/188134-buhari-launches-probe-into-alleged-diversion-of-1billion-loan-for-rail-projects.html Now, how is this NOI statement different from Buhari's statement? Was the loan meant for airport terminal expansion?

Hahahahaha. Some people read but do not understand. If you add up those figures will it give you $1.005bn? My calculator gave me $2.084bn. Isn't it clear to you that there was never a loan of $1.005bn from China Exim Bank for Lagos-Kano rail?
She only listed the loans that were approved and released by China.

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by adoinem(f): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2015

Are we to accept her version that the permanent Secretary didn't know what he was talking about in his own ministry?

Okonjo's service to Nigeria under GEJ should be part of the probe of his government.

The mere fact that this minister was always in one scandal or another was a testimony to her disservice to Nigeria.

Her service to the nation should have been above reproach!
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
xandy84:
So you are a chartered accountant and you think like jambite.. no offense but your post lack civility. NOI has gave a detailed explanation of what money was borrowed and how such borrowed money was disbursed to the various contractors handling the project. Buhari led administration should make their findings before making allegation. Its beginning to be one too many baseless allegations that is ridiculing the present administration.

I am sick and tired of addressing common thieves and liars such as NOI with any kind of civility. Let's call a spade one, these people are rogues and they don't mean well for the ordinary people of this country. I have passed through MMA and Lagos airport more than 15 times in the last 2 years and I have not seen a Chinese contractor on site. I have seen some shoddy work which has no correlation whatsoever to the kind of money mentioned here. These thieves go out and obtain what looks like a structured sovereign loan which is immediately undermined by applying same to general pool of non specific discretionary projects. THIEF is NOI!!!!

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by nworanco(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

Please explain,

U called a former world Bank President contestant, a glorified clerk and does not reports to any senior management. Ooh! Ur parents Will be disappointed if they hear that this came from their child.
U need to grow thank u.

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
handie:
My friend, u have the problem with comprehension. What did NOI say that's different from What PMB initially said? I give u money to buy a house and u go buy a car with it. Is that not diversion?

Smh! Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by Tex42(m): 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
NOI and APC again?! I know say she don give them their size.
Mtchwww! Abeg make pesin wey read the full article quote me.
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by meforyou1(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
Do we have a comprehension problem or what? Madam said the rail project money is with China EXIM Bank and payments made to contractors (by the EXIM Bank themselves) based on milestones of the project completed. AND NOT DOMICLED IN MIN OF FINANCE. How do you divert funds that are not with you?

5 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Hahahahaha. Some people read but do not understand. If you add up those figures will it give you $1.005bn? My calculator gave me $2.084bn. Isn't it clear to you that there was never a loan of $1.005bn from China Exim Bank for Lagos-Kano rail?
She only listed the loans that were approved and released by China.

This woman (Rogue NOI) is now at the centre of almost all allegations of wrong doing. I remember the waiver scandal involving Stella Odua and that small time rogue Cosnas Maduka, thief NOI kept quiet until questions started getting directed at the finance ministry. This is all a plot.
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by olalat(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
U hv idle time to dialogue wt dos half witted individuals sha. They never for once support anytin good.
handie:
My friend, u have the problem with comprehension. What did NOI say that's different from What PMB initially said? I give u money to buy a house and u go buy a car with it. Is that not diversion?
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by meforyou1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
handie:
Using your analogy, let me tell you what is the difference. let's assume it is to build a house. U didn't give me money to build the house. U hold the money, ask contractors to build it. And based on milestones, like after foundation, you pay the contractors for foundation. When they build to lintel level, u pay them for that part. When they do roofing, u pay them for that part etc. now let me ask you, how possible will I be able to use that money to go and buy a car, when I was never in possession of it.
Go back, read the passage and comprehend.

3 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by eleshin(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
Same Lagos airport?
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
nworanco:

U called a former world Bank President contestant, a glorified clerk and does not reports to any senior management. Ooh! Ur parents Will be disappointed if they hear that this came from their child.
U need to grow thank u.

She had no hope in hell of ever getting that position. Our country's stake in the world bank is less than half a percent. She is no more than an administrator if you find the word clerk objectionable.
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by nortcentrallord(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
ProfEinstein:
Anuofia, quote me again and thunder will fire d shit out of your ass, ezi

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Your thoughts are full of poo grin. Reason like a human being not like a swine.
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by Seadove70(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
It could be lagos to osun state instead of lagos to kano.
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by dhappyking(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Tkester:

That is a fact people don't understand.

Probe - probes, are all arguments of a brainwashed and incapacitated dolt. Since 1999 this country has gone through more than five different probe panels and the end is always NOTHING. Here we are with yet another 'oputa panel', my only worry is that the so called probes have been used to replace more and urgent critical attention seeking areas, like how to shore up our dwindling government earnings, how to douse the tribal tension buhari's govt is generating by its in-actions.

I only pity Nigerians who just as buhari promised that in his tenure he will declare his assets publicly and force his aides to do same, he will cancel the office of the first lady, he will crush boko haram in two months, etc. Will be disappointed and many of them might even be more disappointed when by the end of this year we start hearing billions of naira worth of misappropriation going under the current regime.

The truth about this probes is that buhari is using it to hide his govt ineptitude... However only time will tell, as I beleive that 10 weeks is more than enough for buhari to give Nigerians a sense of the direction his govt tends to follow.

How abou $1= N1. Time is ticking for APC. Sooner than they will realize 2019 will be here.

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by dumodust(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
onelife97:
$500m for expansion of airports?
My people,have u noticed any such amount in any of the mentioned airports by the ex-finance minister?

We need to probe these thieves walai.Haba Una no dry fear God ni.like say Una fit buy heaven with stolen money.
And she dry talk and e dry sweet for her big mouth.soro niyen,ehn $500m and nothing really to show it.Walai akoi Allah fa!

The chinese are currently working on extending the Murtala Muhammed international airport terminal... that is why the car park moved to the road... everyone that travels know that because it caused a lot of pain and confusion before people adjusted.
You people need to read well before posting... the chinese directly award the contracts to their companies, not the fg, they keep their money circulating within their people

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by dumodust(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

I am sick and tired of addressing common thieves and liars such as NOI with any kind of civility. Let's call a spade one, these people are rogues and they don't mean well for the ordinary people of this country. I have passed through MMA and Lagos airport more than 15 times in the last 2 years and I have not seen a Chinese contractor on site. I have seen some shoddy work which has no correlation whatsoever to the kind of money mentioned here. These thieves go out and obtain what looks like a structured sovereign loan which is immediately undermined by applying same to general pool of non specific discretionary projects. THIEF is NOI!!!!
you have been passing through ibadan airport, not MMA
the old park is part of the project!!! The chinese CCEC are there!!!

3 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by nworanco(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

She had no hope in hell of ever getting that position. Our country's stake in the world bank is less than half a percent. She is no more than an administrator if you find the word clerk objectionable.
I can see ur level of intelligence and never again replied to, okay!
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
meforyou1:
Using your analogy, let me tell you what is the difference. let's assume it is to build a house. U didn't give me money to build the house. U hold the money, ask contractors to build it. And based on milestones, like after foundation, you pay the contractors for foundation. When they build to lintel level, u pay them for that part. When they do roofing, u pay them for that part etc. now let me ask you, how possible will I be able to use that money to go and buy a car, when I was never in possession of it.
Go back, read the passage and comprehend.

You are clearly dotting on your dear aunty Ngozi who is a THIEF. The loan is a sovereign and the Chinese did not elect a contractor for the airport refurbishment. I have passed through the Lagos airport more than 15 times in the last 2 years and NO Chinese contractor on site. The monies are drawn down under counterparts agreement I.e somebody says they have reach some bogus milestones, the finance ministry signs and the lender releases money to the Finance ministry not any contractor. In UK there is something called simple English, instead of bamboozling her dotting Wailer audience with the loan not domicile shit, the eventual release of money is done by the finance ministry. NOI is a thief and she would be unmasked. Criminal!!!!

1 Like

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by CSTR2: 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

Foolish man. She was a glorified clerk over there and she was no more than a token affirmative action candidate. That's why she jumped at the opportunity twice. She had zero power and did not even report to the senior management team let alone the board or committee at the world bank. The finance minister was well beyond her level. Useless thief. NOI you are thief.
The former managing director of the world bank and the clear favourite for the world bank presidency, but for american geopolitics is now a glorified clerk.
You are an illiterate and a moronn.
Your father, who didn't give you a decent education to better your life is who you should go grab by the balls.
Go and get your ill-educated almajiris to take over the finance sector of the Nigerian zoo as usual. Who cares?
Ewedu gulping lout.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
nworanco:

I can see ur level of intelligence and never again replied to, okay!

Why did she leave the world bank twice to occupy the finance minister position? Because it was a much bigger and powerful position. What exactly was she responsible for at the world bank? Go and do some research. Soludo is a million miles better than NOI.
Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by Splashme: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Buhari may not pass an interview to work as Ngozi's domestic mai-guard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by CSTR2: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
nworanco:

U need to grow thank u.
That guy is a nitwit.
The same woman that is busy recommending Nigerians for top world bank positions till today is a glorified clerk according to a bigoted slowpoke.
The same woman who had the support of the entire asian and african continents for the world bank presidency as she was the most qualified.
America was just not sure of her loyalty to american interests as she is known to be radical, if not, she would have been the world bank president now.

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by uptoHim(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mordyb:
It seems many people have adopted this pseudo blindness to the part where there were contracts and Mou where stated and how she asked people to refer to the Chinese government for further clarification as the contract has been awarded. Secondly for the dolts that can't comprehend the loan is from a cooperate institution with the aim of making profit and they would have a monitoring team on ground to check implementation and also disbursement because contract were signed and you can not spend on what is not covered in the mou/contract and if the contract has not been done satisfactory you sue them and not the awarder

if you observe carefully whenever NOI responds to her accusers the never have a good comeback instead they resort to name calling and that is the end of that story

Thank you for his.
I don't always do this, but it hurts me when I see people, even the learned ones, try to fall for political foolishness like this just in the name of being partisan.
Hatred and the need to sustain all their(APC and their blind supporter) propaganda has clouded their intellect and every sense of good judgement in them.
NOI explanation here clearly shows that the Oshomoles in the steering wheel of Buhari's probe/witch-hunt panel are leading him(Buhari) and this country to somewhere regrettable.
The figures from NOI here is more that $2b, meaning that her accusers are in a limbo of un-knowing regarding how much money was borrowed from the Chinese.
Her explanation further shows that her accusers know nothing about what and what the loan was taken for and the terms of the loan. They didn't even know that the loan was never even for the railway project they talked about. And yet, they fed Buhari with the lies and went all out in the media, with their blind supporters raining insult to a woman they may never meet her equal in their 10 lifetimes. In saner societies, coming out with such sensitive but inexcusable accusation would cost some people their jobs and positions. Not here. In fact, they will look for how to modify the lies - with more lies. After all they have their supporters. I tried to see a single APC intellectually sound mind here who could show even a slight surprise here as NOI explanation has clearly revealed us that the Oshomoles are talking about what they know nothing about. Shamefully, I could see any.
It is very out of place for APC to think that they will silence and "lyingly" jail EVERY person who is not one of "their own". Sometime I just imagine if they really believe they can jail GEJ, PEG, NOI, Diezani, Ihiejirika, Etteh, and every other they see as their enemy that worked under GEJ; the people they tell us are the only ones behind the corruption in Nigeria since 1914. The way APC is going, if they and their supporters do not call themselves to order, the calamity they'll bring to this country might be worse than Somalia. I just pray God intervenes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by CSTR2: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Splashme:
Buhari may not pass an interview to work as Ngozi's domestic mai-guard
That is the irony of the african situation.
When the likes of buhari are presiding over a country filled with the likes of NOI, then you know you are not going anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by meforyou1(m): 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

Is it MMA in osogbo you went to or what? The Chinese are constructing brand new Terminals in Lagos and Abuja airports that I have gone to severally.

1 Like

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
CSTR2:
The former managing director of the world bank and the clear favourite for the world bank presidency, but for american geopolitics is now a glorified clerk.
You are an illiterate and a moronn.
Your father, who didn't give you a decent education to better your life is who you should go grab by the balls.
Go and get your ill-educated almajiris to take over the finance sector of the Nigerian zoo as usual. Who cares?
Ewedu gulping lout.

Emotional NOI supporter, NOI was a small time administrator at the world bank. Go and check the governance structure and see how many Managing Directors there were. She was just a token African face just to fool African country clients of the world bank and to give the false impression of a "world" representation. Why the hell did she leave the position at will whenever she wanted. Because she was not that important!!!! Look how she has bleeped up our economy? The fat e-Dior rebased statistical data and shamelessly proclaimed a largest paper economy. Look how the naira crashed. NOI is a THIEF!!!

1 Like

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by meforyou1(m): 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

You are clearly dotting on your dear aunty Ngozi who is a THIEF. The loan is a sovereign and the Chinese did not elect a contractor for the airport refurbishment. I have passed through the Lagos airport more than 15 times in the last 2 years and NO Chinese contractor on site. The monies are drawn down under counterparts agreement I.e somebody says they have reach some bogus milestones, the finance ministry signs and the lender releases money to the Finance ministry not any contractor. In UK there is something called simple English, instead of bamboozling her dotting Wailer audience with the loan not domicile shit, the eventual release of money is done by the finance ministry. NOI is a thief and she would be unmasked. Criminal!!!!
Go and sleep. U don't know know what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by Mordyb: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
uptoHim:

Thank you for his.
I don't always do this, but it hurts me when I see people, even the learned ones, try to fall for political foolishness like this just in the name of being partisan.
Hatred and the need to sustain all their(APC and their blind supporter) propaganda has clouded their intellect and every sense of good judgement in them.
NOI explanation here clearly shows that the Oshomoles in the steering wheel of Buhari's probe/witch-hunt panel are leading him(Buhari) and this country to somewhere regrettable.
The figures from NOI here is more that $2b, meaning that her accusers are in a limbo of un-knowing regarding how much money was borrowed from the Chinese.
Her explanation further shows that her accusers know nothing about what and what the loan was taken for and the terms of the loan. They didn't even know that the loan was never even for the railway project they talked about. And yet, they fed Buhari with the lies and went all out in the media, with their blind supporters raining insult to a woman they may never meet her equal in their 10 lifetimes. In saner societies, coming out with such sensitive but inexcusable accusation would cost some people their jobs and positions. Not here. In fact, they will look for how to modify the lies - with more lies. After all they have their supporters. I tried to see a single APC intellectually sound mind here who could show even a slight surprise here as NOI explanation has clearly revealed us that the Oshomoles are talking about what they know nothing about. Shamefully, I could see any.
It is very out of place for APC to think that they will silence and "lyingly" jail EVERY person who is not one of "their own". Sometime I just imagine if they really believe they can jail GEJ, PEG, NOI, Diezani, Ihiejirika, Etteh, and every other they see as their enemy that worked under GEJ; the people they tell us are the only ones behind the corruption in Nigeria since 1914. The way APC is going, if they and their supporters do not call themselves to order, the calamity they'll bring to this country might be worse than Somalia. I just pray God intervenes.
That is one of the pros of democracy you can jail anyone as you please even as support that those who stole from the government should be held accountable but as far as APC is concerned the reverse is the case. This can only be stop when heavy and ridiculous fine are imposed for slander and defamation with the offender property are held as a bond to pay up.

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by Mordyb: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
uptoHim:

Thank you for his.
That is one of the pros of democracy you can jail anyone as you please even as support that those who stole from the government should be held accountable but as far as APC is concerned the reverse is the case. This can only be stop when heavy and ridiculous fine are imposed for slander and defamation with the offender property are held as a bond to pay up..

2 Likes

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by meforyou1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

Emotional NOI supporter, NOI was a small time administrator at the world bank. Go and check the governance structure and see how many Managing Directors there were. She was just a token African face just to fool African country clients of the world bank and to give the false impression of a "world" representation. Why the hell did she leave the position at will whenever she wanted. Because she was not that important!!!! Look how she has bleeped up our economy? The fat e-Dior rebased statistical data and shamelessly proclaimed a largest paper economy. Look how the naira crashed. NOI is a THIEF!!!
I stopped taking u serious when u claimed u have been to MMA Lagos about 15 times in the last 2 years and there's no single Chinese contractor there.
You APC people are horrible. Ignorance and sheer bold lies run in your blood streams

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
meforyou1:
Go and sleep. U don't know know what you are talking about

The whole truth will come out in time. You people should be discerning not carried away with the tribal loyalty while overlooking crime against generations unborn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Ojogbane Adegbe Transported N10bn In 17 Suitcases To PDP Chiefs - Today.ng / Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates / We Have Offered Consular Assistance To Nnamdi Kanu - UK High Commissioner (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.