Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Solution To Double Parking - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Solution To Double Parking (747 Views)

China Unveils 26-Storeys Automated Garage To Stop Street Parking (Photos) / Intelligent Parking Assist System (IPAS) (4 Ways Camera System) / Parking Space Protector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To Double Parking by nitiresources(m): 11:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
I was on an urgent visit to see a prospective client in a popular shopping complex in Abuja and to dash out quickly for another appoint. It turned out that I spent a little more time with this client than I planned.

When I was done and got to the parking lot, about three other cars were parked behind my car. There were no park attendants and the security guys were only at the entrance. How on earth can I tell where the drivers went and none even bordered to drop his mobile number on the dashboard. I had to wait and the waiting was about an hour before I could drive out. This I assume is a common sight in major cities of Nigeria particularly in cities like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, etc.

I decided to come up with a free solution to this challenge and that was when Repark was birthed. Repark now has one of its many channels; the mobile app channel launched. With Repark Mobile App, drivers can now send text message to the driver of another car blocking his car using the blocking car plate number but without revealing his own phone number.

All that is required is to enter the plate number of the blocking car in the app and do a search to know if the car has been registered with Repark. If this car is found, the moment you press the SEND button, the driver of the car will get a test message delivered to his mobile phone. The message is a customized one informing the driver of the need to Repark his car.

Repark Mobile App requires internet to work but you do not need any data subscription to use Repark Mobile App. Just put on your data connection and we assure you, not more than 50kb will be used to register your car or send a Repark SMS except to download this app which is just 504kb in size. This is nothing compare to the frustration double parking could cause.

You may never know when next you will need Repark Mobile App. Download it now to register your car. Downloading Repark Mobile App, registration of cars as well as sending Repark SMS is free. You can download Repark Mobile App from www.repark.com.ng or from Google Play Store

Ezekiel Joshua is an IT professional with a passion to provide unique solution to common challenges. Visit www.repark.com.ng for more.
Re: Solution To Double Parking by rydow(m): 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice One @OP

1 Like

Re: Solution To Double Parking by eghuan1(m): 12:01am On Aug 17, 2015
@OP, did you also put into consideration that the person whose number is registered with repark may not necessarily be the one who parked the car? Sometimes, I can use my bro's car, just to pick up something and IT don't want him to know, don't you think your plan will be doing me a disservice?

2 Likes

Re: Solution To Double Parking by nitiresources(m): 12:04am On Aug 17, 2015
eghuan1:
@OP, did you also put into consideration that the person whose number is registered with repark may not necessarily be the one who parked the car? Sometimes, I can use my bro's car, just to pick up something and IT don't want him to know, don't you think your plan will be doing me a disservice?

Then never double park or your brother go catch you. Lol

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mitsubishi Montero 2004 Model@ N1.180m / Toks Honda Accord 2014 Model With 6k Miles / Honda Civic @70k last. give away...,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.