Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Opinion On Solution To Some Of Nigeria Problems. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion On Solution To Some Of Nigeria Problems. (504 Views)

Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo / Biafra: Ohaneze Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Reveals Solution To Nigeria’s Problems Read / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion On Solution To Some Of Nigeria Problems. by IBvoss(m): 4:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Nigeria Is a country with a mountain load of problems even a mountain might be too small when referencing it to Nigeria problems. It will take years,even decades before Nigeria can eradicate most of its cons and shine as one of the top countries in the world.

First regarding Nigeria corruption problem,to me there is only one solution. Recovering stolen funds isn't going to do anything and we all know how bad our judicial system is that someone being prosecuted for stealing billions can end up being Scot free without spending a day in jail or returning the stolen funds. And as black people it is in our blood or should I say mentality to always end up doing things like this.All this talk about ending corruption is just a facade.
The only one true way to stop corruption in Nigeria is to adopt a law similar to some countries,in which any public officer that steals from the government will be given the death sentence. Even though it is heavily criticised it is badly needed here in Nigeria. If this law can eventually surface I believe a new body should be created which will be responsible for fishing out the criminals who steal the peoples money and supervise their persecution.
But the probability of this ever happening is most likely 0.00001 as the legislators will never propose this kind of bill which will greatly affect their activities and put their lives at risk. Apc and buhari should stop deceiving themselves if they truly want corruption gone they will opt for this.

Secondly the power situation. Apparently Nigeria does not generate enough watts from the dams. I Don't know why the government can not venture into other electricity generating methods. There is something called wind power solar power and even nuclear power if all this can be added to current system used in generating electricity in Nigeria nobody would ever complain of shortages in Nigeria again.
I think I heard one silly excuse that solar panels are expensive,if so what will it cost them and if some complain that they are waiting money then they are blatant hypocrites. To me the best option to go for would constructing a nuclear power plant in a remote isolated area to prevent radiation poisoning and I don't fuel for the plant will be a problem as I heard Nigeria has lots of untapped uranium. If this can even be built millions of watts would be generated that will power the country 24/7.

Lastly the problem of insecurity and high crime rate. Regarding the boko haram terrorist group I don't know what their aim is because to me they just seem like a mindless group of people who just decide to start blowing up random places to make a name for their self as we all know that talk about ending western education was a great fib. Who knows,maybe their aim is to take over the north undecided.
Non- regardless,what should have been done is that they should have taken the terror group seriously and curbed them immediately they surface and curbed it just live a virus outbreak. If that had been done they will be nothing like boko haram but since it's to late for that the military should focus on improving it's arsenal,getting advanced training and most importantly improve its Intel on the group.
Maybe the military should have had spies/infiltrators in the boko haram terror group who provide the military info on the group operations and the top dogs and sponsors of the terror group enable them to take out the group at the top.
The government should also accept foreign help and I don' t know why they don't collaborate with the foreign help. If it's pride then that is absolute stupidity as their military are better tacticians and better skilled. Being helped by foreign counties doesn't mean we will be their slaves and adhere to their every command,people that beleive that are rtarded. I don't see how getting assistance in combat is doing anything to Nigeria sovereignty.
To also improve internal two thing need to be done,the judicial system needs to be seriously reformed,it's most likely that the rule of law is partially applied as any one who is influential or someone in the society is certainly above the law. One thing that pisses me off is the bail terms given by courts nowadays.
Just imagine a 45 year old man raping a 3 year old girl and the person is just granted bail like that after physically damaging the girl and causing emotional trauma and might even lead the girl to be wayward in future and is just set free after paying a measly sum and providing some documents,then why won't rape still be rampant.
If fellow members of the rape community can go Scot free after the despicable act why won't others follow suit when they believe they will just pay some money and be a free man. If these rapists and individuals who perpetuate some other questionable crimes are not granted bail and locked immediately for years,I think then the message will be passed across for others to desist from such acts.
But most importantly how can the citizens of the country be secure if the ones who have sworn to protect civilians are also a major cause of mayhem in the society I.e The Police force.. angry.Honestly,I don't blame them and I think Nigerian's should look at them with a different approach and those who constantly citizens them are ignorant as they can't comprehend that the officers are also human beings with families and try to understand their situation.
It is actually quite reciprocal: one good turn deserves another .If the police are treated well by the government the police will also in turn treat the citizens well.In fact things should be looked at this way now :if you find fault with something the police did don't blame or curse them instead focus all that hate on the government as they are indirectly responsible.we all know how the police are in foreign countries,they are better because of better workstations and quarters and a steady pay and do not live in dilapidated buildings shared with rodents and others with barely enough money to feed.
To provide Nigerian's with better security all aspects of the force needs to be redone. New quarters,new workstations,better equipments, sophisticated training,new and more efficient vehicles even choppers,a steady and even pay as the current situation now has created an avenue in which the top officers end up squandering all the money and enriching themselves at the expense of the junior officers,fair and deserved promotion,better information and communication technologies,improved arsenal consisting of modern and sophisticated weapons,better disciplined officers and most off all very strict admittance into the force so that not just anyone can apply to be police officers just because he or she is unemployed.
If the government could pay more attention to the force and reform the organisation by doing all those I previously stated. I'm sure more than half of the crime rate in the country will be reduced and there will be more peace.

THANK YOU FOR RE@DING THIS THREAD WRITTEN BY 16 YEAR OLD IB VOSS.
Re: Opinion On Solution To Some Of Nigeria Problems. by ademoladeji(m): 5:17am On Aug 17, 2015
Space NOT for sale yet!!!
Re: Opinion On Solution To Some Of Nigeria Problems. by qubie(m): 5:25am On Aug 17, 2015
Booked
Re: Opinion On Solution To Some Of Nigeria Problems. by IBvoss(m): 6:09am On Aug 17, 2015
This should be taken much seriously

(1) (Reply)

Recovery Mission : Yobe Rehabilitates 300 Classrooms / Nigeria’s Major Exports Went To India, Spain, Netherlands, South Africa – NBS / Women's Top 6 Sexual Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.