Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? (4149 Views)

25 Fantastic Organisations To Work With That Did Not Make Jobberman List / Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman / Workcenta By Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by ezebest1(m): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
Two posters have actually done great clarifying why Word and not PDF, and also the meaning of ATS.

I had same experience with David though, but it really helped my near perfection in CV writing and job search.

For a better understanding of the ATS mechanism: the software is usually integrated into the CV collating inbox of the HR; ....when a vacancy is advertised, certain keywords from the description of that advert are inputted as commands to the ATS.

The ATS now filters the collated CVs based on the given command. This is the point the HR guys start their perusing.

Kindly note the following:
1. Playing around job description wordings "terms" are important if must beat the ATS.
2. ATS only perfectly reads word formatted documents.
3. Times New Roman and Verdana are ATS preferred fonts.

Thank me when the time is right!

1 Like

Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by edey2real: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Don't mind Jobberman, they only want you to pay them. It's not only Jobberman but all of them in that category.
They critic my CV the same way but I didn't let it bother me and worked on what they talked about. Afterwards, I have gotten numerous interviews with my CV, even to companies I don't think I can. I later sent my CV to them and to my surprise, the guy sent me the same thing he sent earlier about my CV. That was when I knew they are fake. I went further by sending a friend's CV, and it came back with the same response.

Presently, I don't even regard anything that comes from Jobberman.

1 Like

Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by OmoKhary(f): 1:12am On Aug 18, 2015
Eddodoh:
I sent my CV to jobberman for review & i received an excellent feedback dat my CV does not need a re-write.

Different strokes for different folks
hmm...really?
Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by exotiqueify(f): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2015
erad:
Good morning,
I'm not in the job search sector but I will like to submit my opinion.

First, I'm assuming there's an explanation of the 30-second test because I don't know what that means, mind shedding more light on it?

believe me, i have not d slightest idea, but i think what they meant is d amount of time a HR professional would spend in viewing ur cv, or better still, d amount of time ur cv wld go thru dis Ats scan machine to determine if u are d right candidate
Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by exotiqueify(f): 7:07am On Aug 18, 2015
Eddodoh:
I sent my CV to jobberman for review & i received an excellent feedback dat my CV does not need a re-write.

My brother, descend from ur high horse, it dosent mean u'ld get d job quicker than d next person. . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by nenergy(m): 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Eddodoh:

Impressive! Almost unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by Eddodoh(m): 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
@exotiqueify, i have knowledge of d labour market to some extent & d importance of an effective CV. Moreso, the nid for connection/networking & God factor.

Nevertheless, having an effective CV takes u closer to d recruiter.

The ATS test on CV's by recruiters has become a trend. In a case where d recruiter couldn't see ur CV at all because ur CV lack keywords & relevant information even if they are recruiting lepers & beggars u'll definitely miss d opportunity because d ATS skip ur CV.

Just lyk riches is good but does not guarantee everlasting life so is an effective & excellent CV to employment.

The truth is; always b prepared wit a great tool so dat when opportunity comes knocking it doesn't pass u by.
Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by sokarsenal(m): 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=exotiqueify post=37037797][/quote]
hahaha......even if you send them a CV already prepared by jobberman themselves for analysis, they would still find faults in it. ..trust me, I knw

3 Likes

Re: Does Dis Ludicrous Claim By Jobberman Have Any Plausibility? by Mpyaw: 1:37am On Mar 16, 2017
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

N49,500 For Customs Job / Microfinance Bank Graduate/non-graduate Position (₦150k Monthly) / A Message From Dangote Cement Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.