Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

God's Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Name (873 Views)

Bishop To Otobo:be Careful, Stop Spoiling The Man Of God's Name / Killing In God’s Name Is Satanic – Pope / Is It Wise To Worship Jesus Alone Without Mentioning God's Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Name by muzzafar(m): 8:55am On Aug 17, 2015
It all started in the days of Enosh(son of Seth gen4:26)that was when men started-
CALLING ON GOD'S NAME

It didnt start today but if men ever needed to call on God's name,the men of today need it more than ever because the corruption and wickedness of men of today is unprecedented, because we are in the last days when the forces of darkness are more desperate than ever.
It is important to note that God made a promise to man but the command is to “call on the name of the Lord,” with the promise that we “shall be saved” ( Acts 2:21; Joel 2:32).

Having understood the importance of calling on God's name the next question that may arise is what is the name of God? In exodus20:7 God commanded men never to misuse his name and because of the paranoia of facing God's wrath the Bible scribes guarded the name so much to the extent they refused to use it quite often as it was supposed in the copying and recopying of the scriptures from one language to the other.

This transilerations from one language to the other has led to an avoidable error in the pronounciation of God's name eg while some people are calling on Jehovah some are calling on Yahweh we also have people calling Allah,Hashem,Elohim etc. This is quite confusing you know? .

Although some may argue that Changing the language of a word does not affect the meaning of the word. as long as we are calling God's name, it doesnt really matter in what language we call him that argument is flawed cos there is no where in the scriptures that its written so.

For instance the name 'Barack'(firs name of Obama) to the english man Barack means 'Blessed' and to the hebrew it means 'Baruch' to the arabic man it means 'Mubarak' to an igbo speaking Biafran it means 'Ngozi' etc but if the president Barack Obama's name should be translated to all these languages and using the translated words to replace the original pronounciation of his name thereby create a total confusion and expose man's selfishness,imperfection and disregard to his original 'handle'.

Yet some will argue that God is not man who is limited to use of languages but they will forget that God bothered to give us his name for a reason in the language he choosed himself and we must respect God's name the way it was given if you claim some alphabets in God's original name is not in your language then its either you put it there or you start learning and practicing to call it in the original hebrew tongue. I am referring to the greek language defending that they do not have the alphabet 'sh' in Ye'sh'ua in their language and the same goes to the english 'j' which was manufactured by the english my argument is if God needed a 'J' in his name he would have put it there himself so lets stop the nonsense excuses and call God in his original name.
'YAVEH' lets call the name of YESHUA for our salvation.

Ponder&React
Re: God's Name by Immanueladebol(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2015
HIS NAME IS I AM 'EXODUS 3:14
Re: God's Name by muzzafar(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2015
Immanueladebol:
HIS NAME IS I AM 'EXODUS 3:14
when you pray do you use 'i am' in prayer?
Re: God's Name by Immanueladebol(m): 10:35am On Aug 17, 2015
muzzafar:
when you pray do you use 'i am' in prayer?
Sometimes(in eulogizing HIM)

1 Like

Re: God's Name by orisa37: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
The Name(s) of God are too certain and clear. They are the Words that were with God in the beginning and are all jointly God. If you call YHWH, you are talking Hebrew(Word). Yahweh is Greek(Word). Jehoval is Latin(Word). Eloin, Jireh, Nisi etc are all pigin embelishments of The Word. God is English and it is the word that explains The "Word" to be with God in the beginning and to be God Himself. My people die for lack of Knowledge. So when you call the President of the US Ngozi Obama and receives a slap, you just die like a fowl. The real names of God that can never be taken in vain no matter how satanically insane we may be, to mention a few in English words, are:- WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING, WEALTH, MIGHT, GLORY, WORSHIP SAFETY etc.
Re: God's Name by muzzafar(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
The real name of God is Yaveh or Yahweh (pronounce as you can spell)

(1) (Reply)

When "I Don't Know" Is The Best Possible Answer / Suicide Bomber Kills 65 Christians Celebrating Easter At Children's Park / Faith Healing Suspected In Death Of Canadian Teen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.