Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story (3268 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / Amaechi Sets The Ball In Transport / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by iReport: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2009
[size=14pt]Pastor Sunday Adelaja sets the record straight on Ukraine fraud charges story[/size]

Pastor Sunday Adelaja visits and prays with congregants children before a service in Sacramento, Calif. , on Sunday, Nov. 18, 2007.
Dear Editor,

Greetings to you from the capital city of Ukraine.

This is Pastor Sunday Adelaja writing to you.

received your news article “Ukraine police charge Nigerian pastor of evangelical church”.

I can honestly say that I’m disgusted and disturbed by this very false and inaccurate publication. What bothers me most of all is that you didn’t contact me first to find out the real story. Instead you grasped at pure lies and rumors that have no grounding whatsoever and created an article that is portrayed as true.

This is all a political witch-hunt that is going on here because of the social and political influence that our church and members hold.

I had actually heard that the Head of Police had made another political statement but this will keep going on from time to time, because the Head of Police – who made these false allegations - is also the political opposition of a prominent member of our church, Leonid Chernovetskiy, the mayor of Kiev.

In your article one can see that the case you are making against me is not only weak but totally groundless. So, let us take a look at the article:

"The Ukrainian Interior Ministry has accused him of defrauding citizens of money, the ministry’s Department for Media Liaison and International Activity said. Sunday Champion gathered that the amount is over $100m."
- Meanwhile this very same congregation that I am supposed to have “defrauded of millions” is praying against everything that is going on.

"Some speculated that Adelaja, a native of Nigeria, invested funds from King’s Capital in the African bank and planned to leave the country."
- You cannot produce any accounts like this because there is no such account and no bank will be able to confirm this.

"He was not a president of this company, but he was the No. 1 spiritual leader, and he told them what they have to do," said Bishop M. S.Panochko, leader of the All-Ukrainian Union of Pentecostal Churches of Evangelical Faith, which is comprised of 1,500 churches across the nation. "He can do everything to tell them that he is not involved, but all the leaders have a lot of facts, and we have a lot of video of when he was pushing people, and he encouraged people to invest in this business."
- Please find in attachment transcribed video footage that clearly states and proves that I in fact advised people against investing in the company King’s Capital.

Your whole article is phony and politically motivated, and there is nothing new in it, in fact it is the very same thing that was written before. Propagated articles like yours will keep coming again and again.

There are no infringements against me - I am at home as I write this letter.

I preach at church, travel as I want and we are preparing for our 15th church anniversary coming up soon.

Our opposition is trying to raise noise before our anniversary, which takes place in 2 weeks time.

From our end everything is under control and as far as the law goes: everyone remains innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

This has not been done. These are just allegations which we are looking forward to proving wrong.

Yours respectfully,
Pastor Sunday Adelaja

© 2009 nigeriaworld

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/25/100.html
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by lucabrasi(m): 11:26pm On Mar 25, 2009
he s not the first and wont be the last,pastor mathew ashimolowo gt the same treatment,they are always frightened when a black person is flourishing
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by osisi2(f): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2009
And there are fellow black men like bawomolo here on this forum that'll pronounce them guilty just because he read it on the papers fuelled of course by his hatred for Christianity.The same black men who would be arrested and treated like common criminals on the streets of America for being black having the audacity to condemn a man of God with unproven allegations,a fellow black man just because he preaches what they hate to hear.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by RichyBlacK(m): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2009
**osisi:

And there are fellow black men like bawomolo here on this forum that'll pronounce them guilty just because he read it on the papers fuelled of course by his hatred for Christianity.The same black men who would be arrested and treated like common criminals on the streets of America for being black having the audacity to condemn a man of God with unproven allegations,a fellow black man just because he preaches what they hate to hear.

I have nothing against Pentecostal churches, but I know that some pastors are extortionists. The ones in Akwa-Ibom collecting N400,000 to deliver a child from witchcraft are good examples.

I will give Pastor Sunday Adelaja the benefit of the doubt. He is innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by osisi2(f): 11:46pm On Mar 25, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I have nothing against Pentecostal churches, but I know that some pastors are extortionists. The ones in Akwa-Ibom collecting N400,000 to deliver a child from witchcraft are good examples.
I will give Pastor Sunday Adelaja the benefit of the doubt. He is innocent until proven guilty.

I'm with you on that one.
There are charlattans and thieves parading as men of God.
It's only a fool that won't agree that Christianity is an easy topic to bash because we don't come with death threats and bombs strapped to our groins
In this forum you see the slowpoke called Huxley spending a lifetime on his anti Christian threads because he and his demons know where the light is.
Talk about a Pastor did this and that,Seun takes it to the front page and carefully conceals the Islamic ones away from public scrutiny before they blow up his den in Abeokuta as they promised.
na today?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by RichyBlacK(m): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2009
**osisi:

I'm with you on that one.
There are charlattans and thieves parading as men of God.
It's only a fool that won't agree that Christianity is an easy topic to bash because we don't come with death threats and bombs strapped to our groins
In this forum you see the slowpoke called Huxley spending a lifetime on his anti Christian threads because he and his demons know where the light is.
Talk about a Pastor did this and that,Seun takes it to the front page and carefully conceals the Islamic ones away from public scrutiny before they blow up his den in Abeokuta as they promised.
na today?

Hmmm, I've not noticed any Huxley-initiated threads on the front page.

Anyway, e be like say pastor pikin chop Huxley meat from im jollof rice when im still be tata. grin

I respect every religion and don't enjoy bashing any. Let us pray that the Holy Ghost will touch modern era Sauls like Huxley someday.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by bawomolo(m): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2009
**osisi:

blah blah blah, is he a pastor or an investment banker? It's pretty stupid to support someone because they share a race and religion with you. Lets see what happens when this goes to court. persecution complex is a bitch.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by osisi2(f): 12:04am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

blah blah blah, is he a pastor or an investment banker? It's pretty stupid to support someone because they share a race and religion with you. Lets see what happens when this goes to court. persecution complex is a bitch.

has he been convicted of any wrong doing?
does it take any intelligence to know that a black man is an easy target in a white world.
Is that not enough for me to support him at least until he gets his day in court ?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by osisi2(f): 12:06am On Mar 26, 2009
It's people like you that walk around feeling untouchable until we see you on youtube slammed on the hood of a police vehicle with a black eye handcuffed and taken away for a crime you didn't commit.
we'll talk about it on nairaland
don't worry.
auntie osisi will have your back
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by spoilt(f): 12:07am On Mar 26, 2009
They've reached ukraine too?  grin
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by bawomolo(m): 12:08am On Mar 26, 2009
**osisi:

It's people like you that wak around feeling untouchable until wee see you on youtube slammed on the hood of a police vehicle with a black eye handcuffed and taken away for a crime you didn't commit.

I'm sorry, i have nothing to hide.  The ACLU can handle my case if i feel i was unlawful arrested.  The pastor should defend himself in court if he feels he is innocent.  Prayers won't bring back the lost money.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Tried as much as men did to wring out of Jesus just a drop of political opinion in their bid to set him against Caesar's Rome and get at his mission they did not succeed. All they got were things like ''forgive your enemies'', "my kingdom is not of this world" e.t.c. While am on the same page with those who say he is persecuted for spiritual reasons it remains to be said that he should learn to be apolitical and navigate the political space with wisdom given the enormous influence his congregation affords him under God.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting / Did Obama's Ansestors Really Be From Bakana, Rivers? / Namadi Sambo Asks Army Recruits To Remain Loyal To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.