Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Mourinho Speaks After City Humiliation: The Result Is A Fake! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Speaks After City Humiliation: The Result Is A Fake! (466 Views)

Ahmed Musa Speaks After World Cup Exit, As Galatasaray Fans Beg Him To Sign / Premier League: What Guardiola Told Redmond After City’s Dramatic Win Over South / Jose Mourinho Speaks About Anthony Martial And His First-team Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Speaks After City Humiliation: The Result Is A Fake! by 080football(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Jose Mourinho was not the Special One at the Etihad. Chelsea lost scandalously to City. We all saw Chelsea got pounded from the first second. But Mourinho saw it differently as he brand the result a fake. Hear him

MOURINHO: In the first half the best team was winning, in the second the best team was Chelsea,’ said Mourinho. ‘We didn’t score and if the 1-0 result after the second half was an unfair result in my opinion, imagine 2-0 or 3-0. They were the best team in the first half, they controlled the game and created chances. We were comfortable on the ball but defensively we were quite fragile.

ALSO READ 5 THINGS WE LEARNT FROM MANCHESTER CITY'S TRASHING OF CHELSEA (3-0) YESTERDAY below:
http://www.080football.com/5-things-we-learned-from-manchester-city-3-0-chelsea/

‘I’m the first one to be disappointed when all week you are speaking about movements, directions of the game, mechanisms, Aguero’s runs and positions, wingers coming from the outside to the inside, and then after 10 seconds he [Aguero] is in the face of Begovic. We were defensively poor in the first half.

‘In the second half everything changed. We brought our defensive line to the midfield line, we pressed them and had control of the game. We created chances and had space in midfield to play. They couldn’t cope with that. I’m nobody to analyse the opposing manager’s work but I don’t think anybody will misunderstand if I say we did very well.

‘They felt the result was in danger; their first change was a control change, Navas for Nasri, the second was defensive, Sterling for Demichelis. At that moment they wanted to keep the 1-0 and they were having trouble keeping it. We were punished by our mistakes for the second and third goals and we couldn’t capitalise on the good second half we had.’

My feeling? (It should have been a) red card. Yaya Toure should also have had a second yellow card, but the score was 3-0 so it had no relation to the result, but it had a relation to the rules.’

He explained why John Terry was replaced by Kurt Zouma at half-time

‘I had to decide on John or Cahill because Zouma is the fastest player we have in our defensive line. When you are going to play with a high block and you are asking your players to do that, the fastest player has to be on the pitch.

‘The point was not to bring John out but to bring Zouma in. I wanted to have my fastest player on the pitch and not on the bench because I knew they would play counter attack and long balls into Aguero. I knew I wanted my team to be dominant and to play in the opposition half.

5 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM CRYSTAL PALACE 1-2 ARSENAL
http://www.080football.com/5-things-we-learned-from-crystal-palace-1-2-arsenal/

‘I’m the one that plays John every game, made him captain, brought him back from a difficult situation with other managers. I’m the one who has the right to look at the game and say I want Zouma on the pitch. I was losing 1-0, in minute 35 I was trying to anticipate what I was going to say to the players, and ask the players at half-time, and immediately I had Zouma warming up because it was clear to me he had to play.’

It’s important because he’s a left-back and he can compete with Azpilicueta. At the same time, Azpi can also compete with Ivanovic for the right-back position. This player replaces Filipe Luis in terms of the balance of the squad. Hopefully next week he will be ready.’

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Manchester United Launch Bid For Southampton Forward Sadio Mane / West Ham Partner With NLO On Football Development / Pedro: I Won't Be Missed At Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.