Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid (1451 Views)

Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo / We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari / Arms Probe Report Doctored To Shield Dambazau, Buratai- Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by zuchyblink(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Convener of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Junaid Mohammed, has reacted to a recent statement made by former governor of Anambra State, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, that the Igbo tribe have not been treated fairly in Nigeria in terms of political positions. Speaking to PUNCH, Mohammed said, ”If it is about Buhari making the appointments based on merit, I have no problems with it. I don’t believe Buhari or Nigeria owes any Igbo anything. I don’t care what Ezeife says; if they had seceded, there would have been no Nigeria today. As people who acted outside the interest of Nigeria as a country, to expect compensation is a very odd logic. ”If the Igbo don’t like it, they can attempt secession again. If they do, they must be prepared to live with the consequences. Nobody owes them anything and nobody is out to compensate them for anything. ”Critics should tell us which ethnic groups have been favoured by Buhari in the course of making his appointments in parastatals and agencies. Those who are making those allegations, particularly the Igbo, have not told us exactly which parastatals. “For example, an Igbo man has just been appointed as the head of the NNPC, one of the most important government agencies in Nigeria, and over 50 per cent of those appointed before him were also Igbos. So, if people decide to be mischievous, there is nothing anybody can do about it. As far as I am concerned, those appointed have been good and credible persons”. He stated, “Moreover, the consequences of what happens in the oil ministry are so dire. When one looks at the track record of the past minister, one can see what we have to deal with as a country as a result of her being made a minister. “In fact, I encourage him to retain the defence ministry because we are in a state of war and he is a distinguished retired general who has headed every single division of the Nigerian Army during his service. If he decides to be the defence minister, I would be more than glad”.
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by wapSmart(m): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
OP.. Sauce nah
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by mikolo80: 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
if their mind carry am.
na maximum suffering go be dia portion
biafra never tire dem ba
no wahala this time their fukkup will be treated properly

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by cjrane: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Junkie Junaid is feeling like a superman hoping on wholesale British support, instead of propagating unity, he is busy fanning hatred and division of Nigeria. I hope he is aware he will not be able to win another civil war if he provokes it.
Nothing in this world will make Great Britain to support a genocidal war. We all know the United States will not. So let Junaid and others like him hoping on British arms get ready for the fight of their lives

4 Likes

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by psucc(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Junaid had never, for once, been economical with the truth concerning the perceptions held by the north against the south as a whole. Even when others will try to paint or galvanized the scenario, he is always plain and blank.

On account of his position, coordinating the activities of all the northern elites, one will not be out of place to say he speaks the minds of the north.
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by zuchyblink(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by ArodewilliamsT: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
One thing will happen if there is another war. There won't be a Sultan of sokoto, An Igbo speaking Eze of Sokoto who is going to be a puppet of Biafra is what they'll have after the war. I'm 100% confident of that.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by fulanimafia: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
One thing will happen if there is another- There won't be a Sultan of sokoto, An Igbo speaking Eze of Sokoto who is going to be a puppet of Biafra is what they'll have after the war. I'm 100% confident of that.

grin
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
zuchyblink:
Convener of the Coalition of Northern
Politicians, Academics, Professionals and
Businessmen, Junaid Mohammed, has
reacted to a recent statement made by
former governor of Anambra State,
Chukwuemeka Ezeife, that the Igbo tribe
have not been treated fairly in Nigeria in
terms of political positions.
Speaking to PUNCH, Mohammed said, ”If it is
about Buhari making the appointments
based on merit, I have no problems with it. I
don’t believe Buhari or Nigeria owes any
Igbo anything. I don’t care what Ezeife says;
if they had seceded, there would have been
no Nigeria today. As people who acted
outside the interest of Nigeria as a country,
to expect compensation is a very odd logic.
”If the Igbo don’t like it, they can attempt
secession again. If they do, they must be
prepared to live with the consequences.
Nobody owes them anything and nobody is
out to compensate them for anything.
”Critics should tell us which ethnic groups
have been favoured by Buhari in the course
of making his appointments in parastatals
and agencies. Those who are making those
allegations, particularly the Igbo, have not
told us exactly which parastatals.
“For example, an Igbo man has just been
appointed as the head of the NNPC, one of
the most important government agencies in
Nigeria, and over 50 per cent of those
appointed before him were also Igbos. So, if
people decide to be mischievous, there is
nothing anybody can do about it. As far as I
am concerned, those appointed have been
good and credible persons”.
He stated, “Moreover, the consequences of
what happens in the oil ministry are so dire.
When one looks at the track record of the
past minister, one can see what we have to
deal with as a country as a result of her
being made a minister.
“In fact, I encourage him to retain the
defence ministry because we are in a state
of war and he is a distinguished retired
general who has headed every single
division of the Nigerian Army during his
service. If he decides to be the defence
minister, I would be more than glad”.
mumuu where your sause abi stew
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
mikolo80:
if their mind carry am.
na maximum suffering go be dia portion
biafra never tire dem ba
no wahala this time their fukkup will be treated properly
[size=20pt]them dey talk war yoloba man too dey talk? wonders [/size] grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by talktimi(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
I don't understand this at all. If generality of Nigerians hate the Ibo's, why not allow them to secede peacefully ? They have a genuine argument and the government at the center either dialogues with them or allows them to go instead of all these threats.
Besides, Nigeria as a corporate entity ceased to exist as at Oct 1st 2014 after it's 100 yr lease/amalgamation had expired so there's no biggy in everybody going to their tents. Threatening the Ibo's won't distort the facts, if you don't like them then allow them to leave SHIKENA
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by mcvaeey(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
These igbos are a very dumb set of individuals. God bless junaid. Igbos are very greedy set of individuals and anyone who has the interest of Nigeria at heart should never allow them to hold any position. The last administration showed their true colours. They did more harm to the Nigerian economy during Gej's six year tenure than any other group in the history of Nigeria. Even after their treasonable actions in 1967 they still have the mouth to make noise. Left to me no igbo man would hold any position in this country. They don't mean well for this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by asha80(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
mcvaeey:
These igbos are a very dumb set of individuals. God bless junaid. Igbos are very greedy set of individuals and anyone who has the interest of Nigeria at heart should never allow them to hold any position. The last administration showed their true colours. They did more harm to the Nigerian economy during Gej's six year tenure than any other group in the history of Nigeria. Even after their treasonable actions in 1967 they still have the mouth to make noise. Left to me no igbo man would hold any position in this country. They don't mean well for this country.
I can see how those who mean well for the country have run the country all these while..nigeria has been an Eldorado where things have been working all these while
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by bugzbunny: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hhh
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by omolami: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
I really feel sorry for junaid.I don't know his age but I think he should be old enough not to heat up d polity. If Igbos secede from Nigerians does junaid think that the Yorubas will again join the hausas to fight Igbos? God forbid , that was then during Awoliwo time. Now the Yorubas will equally pull out of this zoo. Who will associate with those from the zoo?
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by bugzbunny: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
H
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by Omololu007(m): 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
cjrane:
Junkie Junaid is feeling like a superman hoping on wholesale British support, instead of propagating unity, he is busy fanning hatred and division of Nigeria. I hope he is aware he will not be able to win another civil war if he provokes it.
Nothing in this world will make Great Britain to support a genocidal war. We all know the United States will not. So let Junaid and others like him hoping on British arms get ready for the fight of their lives
what are d US and UK doin about d genocidal war btwn isreal and d palenstine,d kingdom of bahrain and is citizen?
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by Omololu007(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
If junaid mohammed finks d whole of Nigeria will go to war because a region pull out,den he is on a long tin
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by bugzbunny: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
mcvaeey:

Idioot..

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by bugzbunny: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
mcvaeey:

E-diot

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by mikolo80: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
googlepikin:
[size=20pt]them dey talk war yoloba man too dey talk? wonders [/size] grin grin grin grin grin
who won Civil war
I rest my case
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by SOUNDKING: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
mikolo80:
who won Civil war
I rest my case
you won civil what?,where will britain USSR and other nations be?keep smoking,,,i have seen the nuts and their slaves really want us to avenge the bloody of our people.......i promise you,,,,,,,we shall do just that.
Re: If Igbos Feel Marginalized, They Can Attempt Break Away Again – Junaid by mikolo80: 4:35am On Aug 18, 2015
SOUNDKING:
you won civil what?,where will britain USSR and other nations be?keep smoking,,,i have seen the nuts and their slaves really want us to avenge the bloody of our people.......i promise you,,,,,,,we shall do just that.
Huh?

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa State First Lady Mrs Bindow Spotted Donating Relief Materials 2 IDP(pics / This Youth Activist Speaks Sense To President Buhari / n

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.