Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

The Ugly Name Called 'failure'. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Ugly Name Called 'failure'. (396 Views)

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of Nairaland!!! / The Ugly Look Of Nairaland On My Phone / The Ugly Ordeal-2015 Naptin Graduate Sure-p Sponsored (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ugly Name Called 'failure'. by samblessed: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
It could be discouraging when one
experience failure after anticipating
success especially when compared with the
level of efforts and work channeled into a
particular project, dream or a cause.

There's no man living or dead that has not
at one time or the other experienced failure.
Many has had their own lion share of the experiences of failures that even the world had given up on them completely but today are a global success story.
No man has failed until he thinks he had. Failure in my own opinion can be best described as falling down in the course of a marathon race of life which you are the only athlete. No competitor! No rival!! And so because you experienced some few falls would not have made you loose the championship
trophy since no man is competiting with you. You only loose the trophy when you refuse to continue in the race because of the temporal and few falls experienced.

*You have not failed because someone said you're a failure.

*You are not a failure because someone else thinks you are.

*And you have not also failed because you have nothing to show for all your years of toil.

* You simply have failed the moment you THINK,
Believe and SAID you have failed.
Abraham lincoln failed many atime, Henry Ford
experienced many failures too. Many of
those we see as an epitome of success today
where "failures" yesterday. I said failures
because they had them in quantum but was
not deterred by them.

I strongly believe that failure is a state of the mind. Once your mind tells you that you are a failure and
you agree and stick to that frame of
thought, and also confess and act same, then you
have really failed.
I have failed over and over again in my life that i almost concluded that i was born a failure. I had
also gone ahead to nurse the erroneous thought that probably i was born to watch others succeed in life.
No man is born be a failure in life, or no man is made or destined a failure. No man is made a failure by circumstances. No man is born to watch others succeed in life. Infact those you watch succeed had also had their 'fair share of the experiences of failure.' The difference between you and them is that they refused to give up. When you refuse to give up on life inspite of the 'terrible experiences'
you've had, success would have no option than to smile on you.
Do you know that the world is filled with men and women who were total failures yesterday, worse than what you had experienced but today are
celebrities and captains of industry?

Many today, the world never gave them
a chance because of their background, but they fought their way to the top. Why do you think you can never make it again in life, what makes you think that the failures you've experienced for more than two decades can not be turned around to
success? I can tell you that the failures of today is a potential seed for success tomorrow.

Please don't give up on your dreams or your pursuit in life.

We experience failures when we make wrong decisions or poor choices in life. And not neccessarily because some witches from your village is after your success. When God is with you, no witch can come against you and succeed.

But you may fail when you refuse to continue
fighting. And to go further, i'd say, fight with the mind of a champion and not a looser. Pretend as if you've not encountered failure at all( after making corrections where neccessary).

Consciously think and talk like a champion always not minding the failures of the past.

Let no man or circumstance steal your joy at anytime.

Let no man talk you into believing you're a failure because you're never one.
Believe in your heart strongly and confess the same
that you are a success. In my local parlance it is said that "na condition make crayfish bend", meaning its the hot fire used in roasting the fish that makes it shrink. But i say, its not true. This same proverb has
been a common excuse of "failures." I always put the word failures in quote because they think they're failures when they really not. So going back to the
crayfish story, i say its not true that its the fire process that makes crayfish or the fish to bend because its not all the fish that went thru the fire that did shrink or bed, at least i have seen so many crayfish that didn't bend.

I discover one very common habit or trait about those who think they've failed, they have very good and convincing EXCUSES for their failures.
Failure start from the mind, Success too start from the mind.
Be wary of the thoughts you entertain. If they don't encourage the fighting spirit in you, discard them.

As you keep fighting your way to the top so keep
praying, commiting your ways to the lord as if it all depends on prayer.

You are a success already......
Re: The Ugly Name Called 'failure'. by INTROVERT(f): 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
Let no man or circumstance steal your joy at anytime.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things About Life Everyone Should Know / FFK On The Eagle, Lion And The King / Saraki Tasks Committee On Uninterrupted Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.