Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. (2103 Views)

Anambra Rice Will Be In The Market By December(pics And Videos) / Made-in-nigeria Rice, Tea And Tomatoes To Flood Market Soon / Dangote Rice To Hit Market Soon As First Harvest Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
In furtherance of our objectives to achieve our aim of promoting organic food consumption in Nigeria, we have completed plans to start marketing our certified farmers produce.

These farmers have grown their crops organically, and we are starting with garri. In the coming weeks, organic Garri will be available for purchase.

Our organic Garri will carry the mark of nature quality. All processes from land preparation, crop cultivation, weed control and post harvest handling to processing was done without chemicals with strict compliance monitored and documented by Food Revolution Ibadan. All farms are located at komu, Saki, Igbo Ijaiye, Oyo, Ago Are Ilero and Okeho.

If you are interested you can signify your interest here, so we can make plans for your order.

Customers should know the source of their food and avoid chemicals as much as possible.

The revolution starts with you and me.

Food Revolution Ambassador
Nigeria.
Saka Adesoji

3 Likes

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by Cleanman(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
good luck to consumers
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by delishpot: 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
Good. Very good. Goodluck OP.
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by nnamdizen(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Organic garri grin

The ones we have been eating since nko?
Inorganic garri I guess cheesy

Dbanj must hear this

2 Likes

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
delishpot:
Good. Very good. Goodluck OP.
Thanks
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
nnamdizen:
Organic garri grin

The ones we have been eating since nko?
Inorganic garri I guess cheesy

Dbanj must hear this
Yes inorganic, chemically prepared cassava. Especially herbicides treatment of cassava. Farm contamination is a big problem... Pesticides is even a big problem causing severe health issues.

1 Like

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by nnamdizen(m): 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
organicfoods:
Yes inorganic, chemically prepared cassava. Especially herbicides treatment of cassava. Farm contamination is a big problem... Pesticides is even a big problem causing severe health issues.
Hmmm.... Now I get your Point.

The only challenges I think you might face is ; availability and ability to compete with the price of the already available "inorganic garri " in the market.

Availability in the sense that; the so called organic garri can't be produced in large quantity cos the cassava will no longer be treated with herbicides, hence decrease in harvest.
The few harvested will only be allowed to ferment naturally, that is, without the application of chemicals to speed up the process, hence delay in production.
The delayed produce can only be stored in a controlled, chemical free environment, to avoid contamination and all that. And finally, a product of this quality deserves a quality packaging, to convince the prospective consumers they are actually getting the value for their money.

COST ISSUES ;
Seriously I will be out of my mind to expect you to sell a packet of this Precious produce same price as a module of garri.

1 Like

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 2:23am On Aug 18, 2015
Waooo great points you have there. We have large farmers base cultivating organically right now...we only hope to grow in leaps and bounds next year.

Once we are able to eradicate the use of chemicals and potential contamination from processing with remarkable improvement on packaging like you said, we are certain of achieving distinctive products that will appeal to our customers that wants quality with assurance.

We expect to have issues with supply and price, but we also have strategy to combat them.
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by ogb5(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
Op if you want organic garri then go to Delta state. They don't use fertiliser on cassava farms, weeding is done manually, all processing is done without chemicals. This applies to most of the other areas in the south south.

So when you say you are introducing organic garri, note that we have been eating organic garri before now.

2 Likes

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by splashbaby(m): 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
ogb5:
Op if you want organic garri then go to Delta state. They don't use fertiliser on cassava farms, weeding is done manually, all processing is done without chemicals. This applies to most of the other areas in the south south.

So when you say you are introducing organic garri, note that we have been eating organic garri before now.

Oke Ogun area and Oyo axis in Oyo state equally have large stock pile of cassava.
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 10:18am On Sep 02, 2015
In a bid to get our organic Garri ready for the market, our research have shown that it will be extremely difficult to achieve in the first year in commercial quantity because of the following reasons.

1. PESTICIDES AND HERBICIDES
A lot of our farmers depended too much on these chemicals, only very few of them have inculcated organic process.

2. Pollution/Contamination
Many of the farmers complying with organic practices risked contamination from adjoining farms.

It has been a serious challenge. We however got our first batch for analysis. In our projection we will be launching the purest form garri available in Nigeria... No dirts, no stones... Watch out!
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by nnamdizen(m): 1:08am On Sep 03, 2015
organicfoods:
Waooo great points you have there. We have large farmers base cultivating organically right now...we only hope to grow in leaps and bounds next year.

Once we are able to eradicate the use of chemicals and potential contamination from processing with remarkable improvement on packaging like you said, we are certain of achieving distinctive products that will appeal to our customers that wants quality with assurance.

We expect to have issues with supply and price, but we also have strategy to combat them.
Good luck with your projects then

1 Like

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by obstead200(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2015
organicfoods:
In a bid to get our organic Garri ready for the market, our research have shown that it will be extremely difficult to achieve in the first year in commercial quantity because of the following reasons.

1. PESTICIDES AND HERBICIDES
A lot of our farmers depended too much on these chemicals, only very few of them have inculcated organic process.

2. Pollution/Contamination
Many of the farmers complying with organic practices risked contamination from adjoining farms.

It has been a serious challenge. We however got our first batch for analysis. In our projection we will be launching the purest form garri available in Nigeria... No dirts, no stones... Watch out!
OP, I perfectly understand ur strategy. It is an age long marketing strategy of taking an ordinary everyday products, baptised it with a new name, exaggerate its qualities and downplay the qualities of its so called competitiors, and then sell it at a higher price. U are not the first person with this type of scam. GNLD, tianshi, forever living etc have been into the scam long before now.
Good job Sha. But like other pple pointed out, most garri comes from villages where farmers have not even heard about herbicides and pesticides. So what da hell is thy point?
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2015
obstead200:

OP, I perfectly understand ur strategy. It is an age long marketing strategy of taking an ordinary everyday products, baptised it with a new name, exaggerate its qualities and downplay the qualities of its so called competitiors, and then sell it at a higher price. U are not the first person with this type of scam. GNLD, tianshi, forever living etc have been into the scam long before now.
Good job Sha. But like other pple pointed out, most garri comes from villages where farmers have not even heard about herbicides and pesticides. So what da hell is thy point?
Did you just say scam? You only know of my intent to improve and add quality to garri! You haven't seen the product or forced to buy it. Why is the rush for this baseless slander... or are you supporting a lazy comrade of yours who wants me to deliver neem oil of 2500 naira at his door step! Common they are very few invention left but many reinvention... You shouldn't call mine scam when you haven't seen it.

Let me educate you a bit... You obviously lack sound mind to make use of good information.
You rush out too early with your beef... It is either you are poorly educated or foolishly mischievous. I have been doing research on improving quality of food crops in Nigeria for years. One food lacking in quality is garri... If I am adding value and quality to it and selling at premium price is that a scam? Lazy bones like you do not do anything worth while than to pull people down.

Presently 95% of garri been sold in the village like you said consist of dirts and stones (you can prove me wrong)... I want to treat garri like powdered milk...My garri will be 100% free of dirts and stones...which arises from low quality of processing, I will be improving that, the Quality of my garri will easily be noticeable when you soak without finding dirts on it.

Use of herbicides and pesticides is prevalent in almost all the location I have visited so far. It may not be so in your area which I doubt.

The use of pesticides on cash crops like cocoa, Kola nuts in South West endangers other crops through contamination... I have seen a problem and I am equipped to solve it... Do you think it's just coincidence that Ghana and Togo export more foods crops than Nigeria... Pesticides and post harvest handling is one of the main problem..... Or may be you rush it. There are many people packaging garri and selling to people that cherish quality, Dbanj is one of them... If they are able to find quality in my product I will be happy to smile to the bank because I met their demand.

More than 70% of farmers now depend heavily on herbicides for their weeding... We will be getting cassava free from pesticides and herbicides. They are guidelines for organic compliance which we will employ and market with approval of NOAN.

You know nothing apart from being foolishly apprehensive of your own criminal thought which is not part of my own agenda.

Nigeria do not have food regulating agency that actively coordinate standards and quality of food stuff....please don't die of apprehension... You can still buy your low quality garri... Nobody is forcing you to buy mine... people like you don't need to spend senseless time on pull down activities...
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
ogb5:

You may be right... Organic is by certification and consistent compliance. I want to create a brand that's consistently reliable with intent on total organic compliance. You can not rule out contamination from the farms and processing procedures... Even packaging. Our fore fathers have been doing their farming manually, but the trend is changing and very fast too. Many of our farmers now uses chemicals.
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2015
Despite our meticulous procedure during processing I am not still satisfied with the quality we produced... Though far superior to any garri I have seen in market so far!.. I am sure we can do a money back policy if dirts are found in our garri... I am gunning for a machine that can remove stones and dirts... Like the one used in rice processing. We are almost there! We will be rolling out the purest garri in Nigeria very soon... Then the certified organic will follow.

The second pix is what Yoruba called lebu... Grounded coarse garri after grading the roasted cassava dough. It exposes the dirts in the process... Though by any standard this very clean.

NB: The garri was fried using stainless steel iron pot.

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by obstead200(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
organicfoods:
Did you just say scam? You only know of my intent to improve and add quality to garri! You haven't seen the product or forced to buy it. Why is the rush for this baseless slander... or are you supporting a lazy comrade of yours who wants me to deliver neem oil of 2500 naira at his door step! Common they are very few invention left but many reinvention... You shouldn't call mine scam when you haven't seen it.

Let me educate you a bit... You obviously lack sound mind to make use of good information.
You rush out too early with your beef... It is either you are poorly educated or foolishly mischievous. I have been doing research on improving quality of food crops in Nigeria for years. One food lacking in quality is garri... If I am adding value and quality to it and selling at premium price is that a scam? Lazy bones like you do not do anything worth while than to pull people down.

Presently 95% of garri been sold in the village like you said consist of dirts and stones (you can prove me wrong)... I want to treat garri like powdered milk...My garri will be 100% free of dirts and stones...which arises from low quality of processing, I will be improving that, the Quality of my garri will easily be noticeable when you soak without finding dirts on it.

Use of herbicides and pesticides is prevalent in almost all the location I have visited so far. It may not be so in your area which I doubt.

The use of pesticides on cash crops like cocoa, Kola nuts in South West endangers other crops through contamination... I have seen a problem and I am equipped to solve it... Do you think it's just coincidence that Ghana and Togo export more foods crops than Nigeria... Pesticides and post harvest handling is one of the main problem..... Or may be you rush it. There are many people packaging garri and selling to people that cherish quality, Dbanj is one of them... If they are able to find quality in my product I will be happy to smile to the bank because I met their demand.

More than 70% of farmers now depend heavily on herbicides for their weeding... We will be getting cassava free from pesticides and herbicides. They are guidelines for organic compliance which we will employ and market with approval of NOAN.

You know nothing apart from being foolishly apprehensive of your own criminal thought which is not part of my own agenda.

Nigeria do not have food regulating agency that actively coordinate standards and quality of food stuff....please don't die of apprehension... You can still buy your low quality garri... Nobody is forcing you to buy mine... people like you don't need to spend senseless time on pull down activities...
maybe using the word "scam" was a bit harsh on my part. I apologise. But u don't need to get worked up and insultive about it.
But do u mean Dat selling a cleaner garri now means selling garri that is "organically" produced?
Do u really want to prove to d world that most consumed garri in nigeria comes from modern farms that use herbicides and pesticides? My guy, that is a fat lie.
Go ahead and make a difference with ur new "invention". Hope u read d part where I said I love ur way of thinking? But d least u can do is to tell ur prospective customers the truth. Afterall, there is still great benefit from supplying cleaner garri. But that is the only truth to ur story.
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Abeg, Make una no spoil show for this my guy. He is just advertising his product.
There is nothing wrong with creating or stimulating users appetite and then selling your carefully packaged product.

B4 u know it, super marts will start selling organic garri and b4 u guys catch up, the guy has gone far. That is what we call packaging.

3 Likes

Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
obstead200:
maybe using the word "scam" was a bit harsh on my part. I apologise. But u don't need to get worked up and insultive about it.
But do u mean Dat selling a cleaner garri now means selling garri that is "organically" produced?
Do u really want to prove to d world that most consumed garri in nigeria comes from modern farms that use herbicides and pesticides? My guy, that is a fat lie.
Go ahead and make a difference with ur new "invention". Hope u read d part where I said I love ur way of thinking? But d least u can do is to tell ur prospective customers the truth. Afterall, there is still great benefit from supplying cleaner garri. But that is the only truth to ur story.
Well sorry I went over board... I had allowed my emotions to dictate my reasoning and didn't think my response was appropriate!

If you read the thread properly, the organic can not materialize for now, because it's a process. The certification of the process will take a while... I will have to market it under a recognized organic certifying body whose procedures I must comply with... The farms, processing and packaging must comply with organic standards.

Farm records and other processes will form part of the compliance. NOAN which is the most recognized organic body in Nigeria will play a key role in this process... I am also in a program with wwoof Nigeria registering over 30,000 organic farmers growing soybeans, some of them have cassava on their farms that will pass certification when it's done.

When I say organic I mean organic in all ramifications with International certification and not by name.
Re: Organic Garri To Hit The Market Soon. by organicfoods(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2015
The food revolution in Nigeria is taking shape... I visited Niji foods at Ilero recently and I am highly motivated to continue my project.

World class equipment, Great initiative and sustainable approach.

(1) (Reply)

How To Plant Napier Grass For Your Dairy Cows / farm fress eggs available. @1600/crates / Palm Kernel Oil Plant For Sale--a Great Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.