Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp (688 Views)

I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido / Amaechi’s Letter To Saraki Lacks Merit, Says PDP / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by tamme: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2009
One week after Senator Adamu Aliero, Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), said President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua would seek re-election in 2011, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday came out to confirm the development. The party artued that the seven-point agenda was designed to be implemented within a time frame of eight years.
This is coming as the party said it would consider granting automatic tickets to experienced and performance-oriented elected officials of the party in the National Assembly.
Speaking in an interview with journalists in Abuja, the Deputy National Chairman of PDP, Dr. Mohammed Harilu Bello, said: “President Yar’Adua is entitled to four years in office. That four years will end by 2011 and by the grace of God, he will seek a second term in office to make it eight years, because his seven-point agenda is designed to be implemented within a time frame of eight years.
“He is entitled to a second term in office and by the grace of God, there is nothing on ground to stop him. The PDP structure is on ground for his second term in office. There is nothing to indicate that he will not contest for the second term in office when the time comes.”
The Deputy National Chairman expressed the support of the party for the second term of President Yar’Adua, declaring: “We shall offer him a 100 per cent support when the time comes. I can assure you that the PDP structures will afford him the second term when the time comes.”
On whether the party’s position on the Electoral Reforms was in line with the recommendations of the Government White Paper, he said: “It is important to state that the white paper may not necessarily be what the party wants, but as a party that believes in the rule of law and due process, we have accepted, if there is anything else, it shall be at the National Assembly. But PDP is still studying the reports of the electoral reforms.”
Bello, who was emphatic on the electoral chances of the party said: “Nigerians have to accept PDP as the party that will lead the country to its promised land.”
Also speaking to the PDP caucus members of the House of Representatives in a meeting yesterday, the National Chairman, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, said the National Working Committee (NWC) would ensure that the training, experience and exposures garnered by the PDP members at the National Assembly would not be in vain.
He said the party had discussed this position with the President and his approval received, explaining that the party was not happy over the changing of experienced members of the National Assembly.
According to Ogbulafor, “This party’s NWC is not happy with the rate of turnaround of honourable members and senators and we along with the President have agreed that as much as possible during election, for the experience you have gathered, for the exposures you have, for the contacts you have, for the training you have received and when it is time we should tap your knowledge suddenly you are changed.
“We also said that the next election the tide will come from this NWC.”
The PDP governors and members of the National Assembly had earlier requested automatic second term tickets. The governors said that it would help in the reduction of tension in the polity.
The meeting with the members of the PDP caucus in the House was to acquaint them with the preparations for the Special National Convention fixed for April 20.
All the principal officers of the House of Representatives were in attendance, except the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole, who was attending the National Council of State meeting. The PDP House Caucus was led by the Deputy Speaker, Bayero Nafada.
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by osisi2(f): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2009
This witch child is still alive grin
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Moonstone(f): 12:34am On Mar 26, 2009
E gbami ke? On what grounds? What has he done for Nigeria to make them want to vote for him again? He's the most inactive president we have ever had. Not doing anything good and not doing anything too bad. I tire o!
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by tope2000(f): 12:37am On Mar 26, 2009
**osisi:

This witch child is still alive grin

roflmao grin grin grin

@topic
I think we need a FIT president.
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by tope2000(f): 12:48am On Mar 26, 2009
omg undecided
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Mar 26, 2009
Nigerians Wake up OOO!!!! You should not all sit back and let this happen again ooO!!!
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Moonstone(f): 12:56am On Mar 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Nigerians Wake up OOO!!!! You should not all sit back and let this happen again ooO!!!
For a set of people to want to vote Obj in for 3rd term, want to put IBB back in power and want military power back in their country, I would not put this past them. They will always vote for him again. . . Rubbish!
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Mar 26, 2009
Moonstone:

For a set of people to want to vote Obj in for 3rd term, want to put IBB back in power and want military power back in their country, I would not put this past them. They will always vote for him again. . . Rubbish!

I am more and more convinced that the reason we keep recyclying these old goons is because many Nigerians actually go out to vote them in at the end of the day. I mean it is so easy for us to blame rigging and what not for all this but when you consider what has been happening over the last 2 years, you wonder if it is not the case that the people actually go out to vote these same people in.
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Moonstone(f): 1:07am On Mar 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am more and more convinced that the reason we keep recyclying these old goons is because many Nigerians actually go out to vote them in at the end of the day. I mean it is so easy for us to blame rigging and what not for all this but when you consider what has been happening over the last 2 years, you wonder if it is not the case that the people actually go out to vote these same people in.
No way! Money makes the world go round in Nigeria in a spectacular way. You are right though - it is a cycle. You get a charismatic person who can charm a couple of big guys like crazy, he moves on to get the party nomination, they use their political godfathers to buy votes. People buy into their crap and then they enter govt and steal money which they use to get re-nominated and then re-elected. Nigerians are nice enough to actually go and vote but our rigging is one that is out of this world. Number of voters exceed those who are dead AND alive in many LGs. It's ridiculous. So these men actually go out and buy voting cards as well to rig the election.

Crazy, isn't it?
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Becomrrich: 2:28am On Mar 26, 2009
i just read that atiku and buhari are opposition to yar adua. nonsense. atiku and buhari are in the same group with yar adua. they are not opposite to him.
Re: Yar’adua Will Run In 2011, Says Pdp by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2009
when will nigeria be okay if we always have sik people in power grin
all pdp members are sik. sick sik sik siksiksiksiksiiks

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Chieftain Slams Gov Obi / Ed Hardy Hats / N500m Capital Base: Bureau De Change Ops Cry Out say It Is Anti-north Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.