Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

High Level Of Casualties On Our Roads During Accident - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Level Of Casualties On Our Roads During Accident (596 Views)

These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / 5 Of The World’s Longest Trucks You Will Never See On Nigerian Roads / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High Level Of Casualties On Our Roads During Accident by SURYSuri(f): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2015
I saw an accident on Nairaland yesterday which involved an 18 seater bus and many of such incidents recently with no survivals and this got me thinking why so many casulaties? . . Icame from a part of this country where transport system is reasonably ok with their buses not being adjusted, so on my visit to Lagos state I realised that most of the commercial buses except the BRT has their seats adjusted to accomodate more passengers thereby causing inconviniences to the passengers, that if there should be an accident there is no way one can excape death except with God's intervention because the seats in the buses are so closely arranged that the passengers in the buses can't strech their legs. . . My questions are:- . (1) is there no regulatory bodies that check number of seats in a bus for the safety of the passengers? . (2) if there is a regulatory authority, what are the things they are doing to check mate the activities of bus drivers to make sure they don't adjust their seats anyhow?

1 Like

Re: High Level Of Casualties On Our Roads During Accident by swtchicgurl: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Quite sad tho.

I pray God keeps everyone and our loved ones. I
Re: High Level Of Casualties On Our Roads During Accident by bewla(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
high way or dead trap nija wake up...
rail kill
road kill
boko haram kill
rain kill
teacher kill
cult kill
ritual kill
aboba ku on the run
fire kill
house collapse
children missing
kidnapped
which one we never hear i beg let me enjoy small alomo better and poli before my time

(1) (Reply)

Causes Of Vibration In A Car / How To Save Your Boo's Life This Valentine / 2016 Nissan Altima SL Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.