Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] (657 Views)

I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) / Mutiny: Army Reduces Death Sentence Of Soldiers To Imprisonment / Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by byteHead(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2015

A Vietnam court, Monday, converted a death sentence previously handed to a 33-year-old Nigerian, Ejiogu Benjamin Ikechukwu, for bringing methamphetamine into Vietnam, to life imprisonment.

The accused was apprehended in June 2012 with 3.3 kilograms of methamphetamine, which had been banned. It was concealed in metal tubes and a laptop charger in his luggage as he flew to Tan Son Nhat in Vietnam.

When he was arrested, Ejiogu said he had no idea about the drug in his luggage.

“I only planned to come to Vietnam to buy clothes to resell them in Nigeria,” he said.

According to him, a man asked him to carry the tubes and the charger to Vietnam and that someone would pick them up.

A case and charges, however, were proffered against him by Vietnam police in August 2013.

According to Vietnam law, anyone convicted of smuggling more than 600 grams of heroin or more than 2.5 kilograms of methamphetamine in Vietnam, faces the death penalty.

Vietnam Supreme Court, which ruled over the case, sentenced him to death, but he appealed the verdict.

The court then canceled the verdict, ordering a new investigation.

Investigators are still on the lookout, but haven’t been able to track down the people who had used him as a drug mule, according to his statement.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/18/vietnam-court-reduces-death-sentence-verdict-on-nigerian-man-photo/

Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by Blakjewelry(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Get rich or die trying, it seems like he almost got his wish
Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
He should thank his stars. Waiting for them to rush in & check his name..
Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Get reach rich or...
Fixed!!
Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by Fulamafia: 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
His excuse is quite flimsy, he's lucky the court was magnanimous enough to save his neck.

Igbo leaders should stand up to their responsibilities, this trend is ignored at their peril.

Life imprisonment though...sad.
Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by Blakjewelry(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fixed!!
Thanks bro, getting alot of typos lately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by coolitempa(f): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin....again
Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by nikkiking(m): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
I just came to check....and lo my mind was right afterall.
Re: Vietnam Court Reduces Death Sentence Verdict On Nigerian Man [PHOTO] by omoelesa(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
I swear, i didnt read this news but, 1 thing i know is that, the culprit will be one of the fllatthead from the Southeast.

(1) (Reply)

In Defense Of Aregbesola / #kogigovrace: Buhari’s Popularity Won’t Help APC In Kogi – Wada / Opposing Jonathan’s Probe Is Desecrating Igbo Traditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.