Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond (1843 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland / Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole / Let Us Do Some Chest-beating For Too. Oyewole Next To 'play James Bond'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Chiaka(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hurray!!
Africa: David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond

It has been confirmed that British-born Nigerian actor, David Oyelowo is the next James Bond.

It was gathered that the star of the world-acclaimed movie, Selma, will take on the character for an audio book edition of Trigger Mortis, penned by Anthony Horowitz.

'I am officially the only person on planet Earth who can legitimately say: "I am the new James Bond" - even saying that name is the cinematic equivalent of doing the "to be or not to be" speech,' said David after his appointment was announced.

Read more.....
http://allafrica.com/stories/201508140552.html
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Mogidi: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
It was gathered that the star of the world-acclaimed movie, Selma, will take on [size=15pt]the character for an audio book edition of Trigger Mortis,[/size] penned by Anthony Horowitz.

Not bad sha, he'd be the Osun version of James Bond.

2 Likes

Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by bawelat: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
issorite
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Chiaka(f): 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2015
Will be interestingly Interesting........... grin
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
You mean David Oyelowo
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by dustmalik: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
He's an excellent actor. Congrats to him.

1 Like

Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by MrCounselor: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
Good for that boy...
Not a news.

Whisked from Idris Elba.
We've got loads of Nigerian actors doing well out there.
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by saintfizzo(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
I'd replace the "yoruba man" with NIGERIAN....

P.S. I was born Yoruba
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Ofodirinwa: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
There's no crime in him being or being declared as a Yoruba man. This is what he is and that's perfectly fine. Congrats to him.
We don't even know if he's a Nigerian honestly, if he's a british citizen he can still be a yoruba man and a brit. If he's a dual citizen fine but what we know for sure is he's yoruba and he's british.

2 Likes

Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by MrCounselor: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
There's no crime in him being or being declared as a Yoruba man. This is what he is and that's perfectly fine. Congrats to him.
We don't even know if he's a Nigerian honestly, if he's a british citizen he can still be a yoruba man and a brit. If he's a dual citizen fine but what we know for sure is he's yoruba and he's british.

He was given birth to in the UK but sent back to Lagos to learn some Yoruba ways before withdrawing back to England.
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Ofodirinwa: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
MrCounselor:

He was given birth to in the UK but sent back to Lagos to learn some Yoruba ways before withdrawing back to England.
Ok,

I still don't think it's a crime to say he's Yoruba. He's probably a citizen of Nigeria two but what's proven is he's Yoruba and he's British
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by adebisicutie: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
Omoluabis going great things grin congrats to him
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
saintfizzo:
I'd replace the "yoruba man" with NIGERIAN....
Oyelowo very likely ran away from NIGERIA in order to find greener pastures.
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by kettykin: 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is commendable but very risky, will the film sell and which audience will the film be for
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

Ok,

I still don't think it's a crime to say he's Yoruba. He's probably a citizen of Nigeria two but what's proven is he's Yoruba and he's British

how about the people that beheaded a soldier in the uk?
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by Ofodirinwa: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
CuckoldMaster:

how about the people that beheaded a soldier in the uk?
how about them?
Re: A Yoruba Man David Oyewole Becomes First Black James Bond by gbola97(m): 1:41am On Aug 30, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Latest Update From Edo Election... Checkout Unofficial Results / Obiano Continues Construction Of Roads In Onitsha (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.