Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,557 members, 7,861,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal (432 Views)

POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu / Aisha Buhari Didnt Travel To US - Ekiti PDP / Return Fayemi's N1.5bn Donation To Your Campaign, Ekiti PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal by weyreypey: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
The embattled state secretary of the Peoples Democratic Parrty in Ekiti State, Tope Aluko, has accused the leadership of the party of betraying him for his expulsion from the party.
The State Executive Committee of the party had on Friday expelled Aluko, the factional Acting Chairman, Mr. Tunde Olatunde; Auditor, Tunji Olanrewaju, and Women Leader, Busola Oyebode, for alleged anti-party activities.
But Aluko, on Tuesday, insisted he remained the state secretary because the Idowu Faleye-led executive lacked the constitutional and moral rights to either suspend or expel him and others from the party.
Aluko, known to be Governor Ayodele Fayose’s closest ally during his struggle for PDP’s ticket, has been having a running battle with Faleye, the governor’s anointed chairman of the party in the state.
Speaking with journalists in Ado Ekiti, he said, “The PDP have engaged in an act of betrayal. How can somebody who had used his strength and money to fight for a party be expelled from a party because he was fighting a just course?
“Worse still was the fact that the expulsion came a day before my daughter’s wedding. This shows the level of wickedness of this people. The wedding was my happiest day and they failed in their bid to shatter my dream. You could see the caliber of people that were there, even across party lines.
“But I believe what they did was a nullity, except the PDP is no longer founded on the constitution and the rule of law.”
He said, “In the PDP today, I remain the rallying point for the youths and I have used the strength in ensuring that the party wins elections. I used same strength for Fayose prior to the 2014 governorship election.
“This act of betrayal and impunity cannot stand. I remain the state secretary and whoever parades himself as occupying any of the seats illegally declared vacant does so at his or her own risk,” he added.
http://www.punchng.com/news/expelled-secretary-accuses-ekiti-pdp-of-betrayal/
Re: Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
na so
Re: Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal by kongaJUMIA: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
hahhaha nasooo
\

cc lalasticlala
Re: Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal by weyreypey: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
whoever parades himself as occupying any of the seats illegally declared vacant does so at his or her own risk,” he added

I will not joke with this statement from T K O
Re: Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
undecided
Re: Expelled Secretary Accuses Ekiti PDP Of Betrayal by Mogidi: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
Let him join APC, Fayose is doing alright in Ekiti, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Baba Sala’s Health Worsens, Rushed To UCH / Man Impersonating Ex-lagos Police Commissioner Nabbed / Delta Tribunal: INEC And PDP Accuse APC Of Frustrating Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.