Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition (433 Views)

Sacked TRACE Staff Attempts Suicide Over N50,000 Debt (photo) / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Visocrate(m): 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
LAGOS—A 23-year-old man, Ugochukwu Ekwe, yesterday committed suicide at Festac Town, Lagos, over the colour of his skin, being an albino.
His dangling body was discovered in an apartment on 311 Road, Festac Town, Lagos, where he lived with his parents and siblings.
Vanguard gathered that the deceased refused to eat since Saturday in protest of what he said was people’s rejection and stigmatisation because of his skin condition.
He was also said to have refused to go to church with other members of his family yesterday.
When the family returned from church, Ugo, as he was fondly called, was dangling from the end of a rope tied to the ceiling fan, and one of his siblings raised alarm.
Vanguard gathered that the deceased had attempted to take his life before now.
A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “I was returning from church when I saw people gathered in front of the block of flats.
When I enquired, I was told that Ugochukwu had committed suicide. He finished his secondary school education since 2009.
“I also learned he had threatened to take his life before now, saying he was frustrated. Later, we saw some policemen from Festac Division, who removed the body.”
His mother and other members of his family cried uncontrollably as sympathisers thronged their abode.
Spokesperson of Lagos State Police Command, Patricia Amadin, said she was yet to get details from Area ‘E’ Commander, Mr. Frank Mba.
She, however, promised to reach Vanguard later, but had not done so at press time.u

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Visocrate(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Teenager In Borstal Centre For Allegedly Defiling A Minor / A Judge Orders Immediate Release Of Immigrant Children From Detention Centres / Pics: 60,000 Babies To Be Born At Various IDP Camps By End Of 2015 – NEMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.