Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad (16818 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by BustScam: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
Please assist me with information as much as you can.

Thank you NairaLanders

1 Like

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Thinking

1 Like

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Mobebi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
BustScam:
I have a challenge presently, I graduated with a Second Class Lower.I would in all sincerity want to do Masters abroad but the challenge I presently have is that many of these schools are no taking students with my grade most especially when you are looking at getting financial aids.
I also have been hearing and reading up assistantships, I would want to be sure if I can get one considering the fact that I graduated with this class of degree (3.21).
Please assist me with information as much as you can.
Thank you NairaLanders

Guy, I graduated with the same result 3.21 like you... I wanted to advance further in Coventry University and I got the admission, it was the fall of naira that affected my plans and couldn't make it. so with your 2.2, there are many schools in UK that will accept u. You can also try South African schools, its cheaper and with a million naira you can go for your masters in South Africa..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Oladipupo22: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Mobebi:

Guy, I graduated with the same result 3.21 like you... I wanted to advance further in Coventry University and I got the admission, it was the fall of naira that affected my plans and couldn't make it. so with your 2.2, there are many schools in UK that will accept u. You can also try South African schools, its cheaper and with a million naira you can go for your masters in South Africa..

While I'm following this thread to hear from others, Can I PM you?
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by nastyd(m): 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
I'm in d same situation too...
Grad wit a 2.2 hopin 2 hav my Masters abroad.. US or CANADA preferably..
But all schls enquired demand a 2.1
ffn dis thread 2 gt meaningful info..
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Mobebi(m): 12:00am On Aug 22, 2015
nastyd:
I'm in d same situation too...
Grad wit a 2.2 hopin 2 hav my Masters abroad..
US or CANADA preferably..
But all schls enquired demand a 2.1
ffn dis thread 2 gt meaningful info..

The funny aspect is that they say USA n Canada accepts only 2.1, guy its a lie. there are so many schools especially in Canada dat accepts second class lower. take your time and browse well. As for USA, I don't know much about them, but something I know is that there are many underground scholarship that people don't know. my neighbor even got an offer to study and she was telling me that she didn't pay a dime... but everything has been paid for her. the school forwarded everything to d embassy here in vi, but up till today we don't know why d embassy refused her visa. they said de dont believe she will return to nigeria after her graduation. her friend in USA is also doing criminology and d friend said she didn't pay a dime also. it sound unbelievable, but its true.

3 Likes

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Mobebi(m): 12:03am On Aug 22, 2015
Oladipupo22:
While I'm following this thread to hear from others, Can I PM you?

sure, you can...

1 Like

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by 1miccza: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mobebi:

The funny aspect is that they say USA n Canada accepts only 2.1, guy its a lie. there are so many schools especially in Canada dat accepts second class lower. take your time and browse well. As for USA, I don't know much about them, but something I know is that there are many underground scholarship that people don't know. my neighbor even got an offer to study and she was telling me that she didn't pay a dime... but everything has been paid for her. the school forwarded everything to d embassy here in vi, but up till today we don't know why d embassy refused her visa. they said de dont believe she will return to nigeria after her graduation. her friend in USA is also doing criminology and d friend said she didn't pay a dime also. it sound unbelievable, but its true.

Bros can you link me up with them and let's chat please...
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Singingbae(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Pls, not considerin studying abroad, can a 2.2 do masters in Nigeria Federal University, like Unilorin,Futa,UI,OAU and so on
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by scoobs: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
LOL Advice.. B4 you go abroad check the Travel section..the USA Canda and UK threads..listen if you plan to go abroad for masters to return immediately to Nig UK is the best for you..even in cost and duration. If you plan to stay back dnt try the Uk. With a second classs lower + a good GRE score you would get into a TierB US school and could be offered part scholarship. For canada even a graduate with a second class upper might not be be admitted for a masters Degree they consider so many other things then again the difficulty is in getting the Visa. Germany is also good too and they are way cheaper compared to other countries..you only have to consider your living expenses. Personally USA and Germany would be preferred. Don't even ignore the nairaland travel section.. Start from the UK thread.

3 Likes

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
What of someone with a Cgp of 2.98 can he do his masters abroad? If yes what school nd can he do his masters in Nigeria, if yes what school, tnx house

2 Likes

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Oladipupo22: 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
What of someone with a Cgp of 2.98 can he do his masters abroad? If yes what school nd can he do his masters in Nigeria, if yes what school, tnx house

So many schools will take this CGPA for MSc in Nigeria since its still a Second Class Lower Grade... Going abroad is the challenge

Most UK schools take 2.1 and above...
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Oladipupo22:

So many schools will take this CGPA for MSc in Nigeria since its still a Second Class Lower Grade... Going abroad is the challenge

God bless u my dear, pls tell me d schools in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Oladipupo22: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
God bless u my dear, pls tell me d schools in Nigeria

What course is that?

UNILAG should the you...
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Oladipupo22:

What course is that?
UNILAG should the you...
biochemistry
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Mobebi(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Oladipupo22:

Mrs Anyanwu, Unilag accepts 2.2 . and their master's form is out presently till the end of August.. there are some courses in Unilag that accept third class for master's degree. I myself just picked up my master's form from Unilag... so please browse this site for more info concerning Unilag masters degree.

spgs.Unilag.edu.ng

Oladipupo, I saw your pm but don't know how to contact you. this is my bbm pin, 7F5870DE

1 Like

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Mobebi(m): 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Mobebi(m): 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Oladipupo22:

No, most UK schools accept 2.2.
and also, it depends on d course u want to read. in my case, I wanted to read Law, Diplomacy & Global Change For my master's degree.. but when I applied, they said I can't get the course and that they advised I go for International Relations since International Relations accepts 2.2. Although i still applied for the International Relations cos I have already spent money running n travelling up n down to get the required documents needed for the processing and didn't want my money to waste even though international relations is something I can study here in Nigerian universities but as i said earlier, the fall of naira hindered everything. So I guess it depends on your course. I just got to know Unilag offers Diplomacy & International Law, so I went to pick the form. Am waiting for the entrance exam now.

2 Likes

Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by Sidmac: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
Which scholarships are available for a 2:2 graduate from Nigeria in South African Universities?
+2348032194976
Re: Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad by ogawisdom(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
Singingbae:
Pls, not considerin studying abroad, can a 2.2 do masters in Nigeria Federal University, like Unilorin,Futa,UI,OAU and so on

Depends on the course and ur 2.2 should be above 3.0 cgpa

(1) (Reply)

Biologists (Environmental, Micro, etc) : Let's Meet Here And Discuss / How To Make Your Dreams Come True / 4 Signs You're Just Not Cut Out For The 9-to-5 Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.