Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space (43791 Views)

Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) / Nigeria Takes On South Africa In The Race To Space / Nigeria To Send An Astronaut To Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Damianbrown(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2015
Tankz man, bt hope i didnt tink i was lieing cuz i pass da level
PenSniper:

Bravo.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by tsdarkside(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2015
idiiooot....you are not allowed to leave earth...the black-man is the owner of the earth,,,,that was the deal of old days....dont break it....
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Damianbrown(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2015
Tankz man, bt hope u didnt tink i was lieing cuz i pass da level
PenSniper:

Bravo.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Smooyis(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2015
Keep the green white green flag flying. Congrats.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by hamzyluv(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2015
homirefacuny:

Yeah you are right bro.... The girl you talking about was from one of the schools in Ife central then..... I attended a school in Ife east local government. I recalled our proprietor announced her name and her achievement back then....how come she is now the second after this man. Journalism going awry nowadays.
yeah.. the girl graduated from MOREMI HIGH SCHOOL , ILE-IFE . OSUN STATE .. SHE happened to be the first African to traveled to space.. for. President OLUSEGUN OBADANJO and ATIKU waited for her arriver at MURITALA AIRPORT (2005/6) .. ..

1 Like

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Missy89(f): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2015
new2020:
Isn't Osonuga an Igbo name?

lol
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Missy89(f): 11:45am On Aug 20, 2015
hamzyluv:
yeah.. the girl graduated from MOREMI HIGH SCHOOL , ILE-IFE . OSUN STATE .. SHE happened to be the first African to traveled to space.. for. President OLUSEGUN OBADANJO and ATIKU waited for her arriver at MURITALA AIRPORT (2005/6) .. ..

She did not go to space. she only experience what it was like through a simulation it is called a VOMIT COMET.
so this report seems to be correct
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Kyri:
forget Mars oo cuz Ighodalo Eromosele has signed up already buy u CNT settle for a moon of Saturn
wow . . .
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by 360degree(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2015
What a great feet!!
Every tribe in this Country are making us proud.
I am Proud to be a Nigerian
I salute YO nation
YO Kwenu!!!!!! YO! YO!
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by hamzyluv(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Missy89:

She did not go to space. she only experience what it was like through a simulation it is called a VOMIT COMET.
so this report seems to be correct
okay.. I hav heard you ... so Na u dey inside that rocket with them that day when watching it live on NTA ? okay ooo

well, am not a science student ..
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Missy89(f): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
hamzyluv:
okay.. I hav heard you ... so Na u dey inside that rocket with them that day when watching it live on NTA ? okay ooo

well, am not a science student ..

There is no shame in being wrong. NTA news is not a good source of information by the way.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by teamchocolate: 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
Guess u didn't catch the sarcasm... he obviously knows this and is yoruba himself

efilefun:
Osonuga is also a Yoruba name so stop beating your empty chest moreover he attended OOU which is in ogun state the last time I checked
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by 9jatatafo(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
I hope he goes with a Nigerian flag so he can plant it there and the aliens will know that naija is represented. Thumbs up.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
Missy89:

There is no shame in being wrong. NTA news is not a good source of information by the way.
I concur with you
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by ProfessorPP(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
That's a great and a welcome news.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by raayah(f): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
noah91:
Some peeps will be angry he's not from the chest-beating tribe

Did you read the post? He nominated 'himself' for a programme , if he's chosen then he will get to fly. He is not going to space for sure.

Nobody reads anymore. Wrong title.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by steve308(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
hmmmm we Nigerians are always glowing every where
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by raayah(f): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
micronut:

tell them, i wonder if many youth of today reads news at all? funny enough, an ignorant leadership writer also includes "first black african"................ i remember was all over the news then, infact Veteran broadcaster Eugenia ABU reported the story and brought the girl "Stella Felix" to NTA Studio, the girl i later learnt went ahead to study Engineering at OAU.

Poor Reportage Everywhere.

Exactly, plus the man hasnt been confirmed to go on space. The post itself says that 'if selected'.. he hasnt been selected sef . Wrong news., wrong title
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Awoofawo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
And so when theyare coming for "EndTimeWar" they will know where to locate us abi? grin grin
9jatatafo:
I hope he goes with a Nigerian flag so he can plant it there and the aliens will know that naija is represented. Thumbs up.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by raayah(f): 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

He is NOW on GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS.

What an honour.

Nope. He was only shortlisted for a program where you nominate yourself to go to space. He has not been chosen to go space. Its there in the post. Please read. The title should be 'Nigerian man MIGHT go to space.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by raayah(f): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
If selected for the programme one will not only embark on a once in a lifetime flight to space but will also be offered a three-year management contract.

The programme invited both One Young World ambassadors and outstanding members of the public aged 18-30 to nominate themselves to take on the trip of a lifetime.

You nominate yourself too!

Freeman is among the 30 selected finalists only 3 people will be taken to space.

Stop spreading false information.
http://www.cp-africa.com/2015/08/19/nigerian-freeman-osonuga-is-among-30-people-shortlisted-to-fly-to-space/
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by sonnie10: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
After people would say there is nothing like luck. See as this man take try-your-luck enter space. I am sure if with was by merit, he won't even get close to flying in an airplane. Good luck to him.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by charlesbailey(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Papillo you don make us proud!
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Yorobastard(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
micronut:
First black

What of stella Felix, a 17 year Old student of Moremi high school, Ile-Ife that was known as the first nigerian student to have a space experience. is she not a black african again
Nawa ooooooooo!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm

What about another young Nigerian, Adeolu Akano, who had the same experience in Las Vegas, United States, courtesy of the SIA and the Nigerian Centre for Space Science and Technology Education (CSSTE), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.

Is he also not a black african?

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=23756
Nigerians have STM dats why it's very hard for them to have a close call when predicting the future....you will see even if they post the same news next yr with another name with same heading, they won't remember that such happened the previous year
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by scholes0(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Why would any Yoruba parent name their son Freeman??
wtf! free from what exactly? was he a former slave? undecided....
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Ademat7(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
efilefun:
Osonuga is also a Yoruba name so stop beating your empty chest moreover he attended OOU which is in ogun state the last time I checked
when are we going to stop this ethnic bruhaha? Yoruba or igbo aren't we nigerian? It high time we join hand to move dis nation forward,btw am from Ogun yet I say No to Ethnocentrism(feeling ur tribe is superior to others)
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by NdRuby(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Someday I shall be the first Nigerian and African man to land on the moon, so help me GOD.
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Wow congrats man...make nigerians proud...

If only they would choose to remain and stay proud
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by SPOPOVICH: 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
What happened to this guy?

Mandla Maseko: The first black African heading into space

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25844863
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Frankotek: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
I doubt this, he is not actually the first black person, I actually got this from the internet, the First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17years
https://www.nairaland.com/24043/first-nigerian-experience-space-stella
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Winifred468(f): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
This is inspiring Am a proud *OOUite*.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park / Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.