Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! (682 Views)

Joomla Webmasters Plz Come To My Rescue! / Helo Joomlander Pls Rescue Me / Guyz: Rescue Me From This Css (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2009
Hi Webmasters,

1. Im using frontpage to design a website.

My main problem is the submit button! I dont know how to use it. PHP or what do they call itsef,

Please can someone recommend a good software for me so that when the submit button is clicked. It will save all the data info and send it directly to the webmail.

2. Dynamic Effects, e.g. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/
How do I apply this to my website! To display those effects/animnations and paparasky! Im so confused.

Gurus help me ouT!
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by yawatide(f): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
1) By default, hitting a submit button will submit your form. If you are to do it my way, you will need to do the following:

a) Have what I call a "processor page" which you put in your form's "action" attribute like so:
<form action="submit_processor.php" (other attributes go in here)>

b) You will need PHP or some other backend language to capture the form field values from the previous page
c) You will need mysql or some other db program to store the values in a database
d) You will need PHP or some other backend language to send say, a "thank you" email to the form filler.

2) You add the effects by following instructions on the page. Most examples put everything for you in a zip file and all you have to do is modify the code where necessary.

Good luck!
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by nitation(m): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2009
Follow Yawatide's line and you will be long gone.

- nitation
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2009
answer provided.

lol, php or what do they call it sef?
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by quadrillio(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
webdezzi:

lol, php or what do they call it sef?
do u have a problem with that word PHP

@faakay, solution provided
In case u need any clarification BUZZ ME
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2009
@poster, i hope you have been rescued already?
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by nitation(m): 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
I doubt he's got any solution. You know how you do it, ask him to PM you so he can get some of those "secret codes"

- nitation
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2009
quadrillio:

do u have a problem with that word PHP

i quoted the poster
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by royalicon(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hello NL, can anyone help me with this PHP code.

Pls help me to finetune this PHP code to mine from my Db with particular reference to a form item.
e.g.
select *from DB where StudentID = "$text_StudentID"

What I want here is ("$text_StudentID"wink is a form item that will use the studentID in the form as a basis of searching the dD among other items.
Pls correct the SQL for me as i know its wrong, not fecthing from the db.

Thanks.
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by OmniPotens(m): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2009
royalicon:

Hello NL, can anyone help me with this PHP code.

Pls help me to finetune this PHP code to mine from my Db with particular reference to a form item.
e.g.
select *from DB where StudentID = "$text_StudentID"

What I want here is ("$text_StudentID"wink is a form item that will use the studentID in the form as a basis of searching the dD among other items.
Pls correct the SQL for me as i know its wrong, not fecthing from the db.

Thanks.

I'm surprised you are working on a database without knowing how to connect and call stuffs from your database. Well, just look at the below code and see if you can understand it.

$sql="SELECT * FROM students WHERE username='$username' && password='$password'";
$result=mysql_query($sql);

Formulate what you want from there.
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by royalicon(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2009
@OmniPotens.
I can connect, call and dumpt into my db.
But it seems u dont understand my question. Anyway, I've actually got what I want.
Re: Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! by royalicon(m): 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2009
@ poster.
Dynamic Effects are good to use. Most of the codes are in two sections.
Take a good look at the codes, u need to copy and paste some at the head section of your page before it can run effectively. e.g

<head>
the stuff and some CSS here
</head>

then the second part goes into the body section of the page most especially in the td section that will habour the effect.
<body>
<td> the code for the effects </td>
</body>

You can now edit the code to siut your personal need for your site.

Hope u can find your way out here.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Update An Uploaded Site I Built With Frontpage? / Just Alternative Power - Revamped And Online, Reviews & Comments Needed / In Need Of A Web Designer:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.